Sign in to follow this  
fluffycalico

Monk aura exploit must get fixed

OK was just in a group where the person was using a monk exploit to do over 60K damage to everything on the entire board.   He said this is the 2nd monk he has managed to bug out and that he can clear all the way through wave 25 alchemy with just 2 auras up.   I even told him he should report it so it gets fixed and stop using it and he went on a big rant about how they can't ban people for using it blah blah blah.

We need to make sure this gets fixed.   I took a couple screen shots of the bug and left.

How do we make sure this bug gets to them for fixing?  This is the type of thing that ruined DD1, people thinking they have the right to use hacks and exploits all they want.

image1.png

image2.jpg

Edited by fluffycalico
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

According to the devs, as long as you report a bug or exploit they will see it. They are gathering all data even though they may never respond to it. Though,

"I even told him he should report it so it gets fixed and stop using it and he went on a big rant about how they can't ban people for using it blah blah blah."

This part specifically, welcome to my world. I haven't found a way to convince them that it kills games either. Best we can do is try, if they listen to reason then great, if not then it's far out of our hands and up to the devs when the game goes live to determine if punishment is called for. In my experience of something like this, punishment is never dealt out, they just wipe the problem away and move on, leaving these people to find the next one.

• Like 1

I haven't come across this in a little over 60 hours gameplay, so i'm hoping this is a relatively difficult to create exploit, but either way this is definitely something that should be reported, while i believe its true that they can't ban people for using it as it is something in the game you can do without downloading any external software or something with the express intention of cheating, it is something that should be reported because whats the point? If you can beat every map on every difficulty by spawning 2 defences and doing nothing then why even play the game? Well your not really even playing are you, where is the fun? the challenge? 

People like that severe lack that ever so useful intelligence quotient. 

• Like 1

OK so I found someone who was able to recreate this by hacking the local save file and upping the stats on auras to insane levels using the old DD1 tool.   They have said the local save file is only for beta and at launch the file will be server side at least for gear...this proves they need to get all of those save file pieces on the server.   As I don't know anyone who wants to deal with this BS again.  It has also been posted in the proper reporting place.  The person I found who hunted down which exploit was being used said he was able to recreate it in under 10min.

Edited by fluffycalico

16 hours ago, AJsEpicGames said:

while i believe its true that they can't ban people for using it as it is something in the game you can do without downloading any external software or something with the express intention of cheating,

while i have not read the TOS i must assume that it is the same as basically all other games.  people can be banned for any or no reason whatsoever at the sole discretion of chromatic games.  while that logic is not typically invoked and most companies have specific reasons for dishing out bans, they never actually need a reason as far as i know.

either way abusing a bug even if it is within the game should get the ban hammer in my opinion.  however i would also add that during the beta, it is kinda our job as beta testers to not only find bugs but recreate them (which is not the same as abusing them).  personally i recreate them multiple times if possible but that is only to give CG a better understanding of what is happening.  this guy however was not doing that and he should probably be removed from the beta and warned about the consequences if he continues that type of play and attitude after launch.

my 2 coppers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Halagren said:

however i would also add that during the beta, it is kinda our job as beta testers to not only find bugs but recreate them (which is not the same as abusing them).

but should we also be attempting to hack the game?  I'd be more than happy to see what could be done hack-wise, but unless CG explicitly asks for it, it's unwelcome.  Plus, they've already said the save data in the beta is not how it will be done at launch, so giving feedback of hacks wouldn't be relevant.

I have just encountered this guy, his aura is now doing 278k I spoke to him he claimed it was a day 1 bug with the rock pet getting insane tower numbers?

5 minutes ago, Doondoons said:

I have just encountered this guy, his aura is now doing 278k I spoke to him he claimed it was a day 1 bug with the rock pet getting insane tower numbers?

Its not, it's hes modiying the save file and even admitted hes done it on several characters.

Edited by fluffycalico

i was able to do this with just cheat engine change the values easily simple tool to use too i made the aura go around the entire map with it and i only did this to test it out on how people said its so easy to hack into the game so yeah it is true I reverted back to where i was after i like grinding so i hope this is not possible during full game will ruin my hope for this game.

On 1/2/2020 at 10:20 AM, werox3 said:

i was able to do this with just cheat engine change the values easily simple tool to use too i made the aura go around the entire map with it and i only did this to test it out on how people said its so easy to hack into the game so yeah it is true I reverted back to where i was after i like grinding so i hope this is not possible during full game will ruin my hope for this game.

you now even if it possible you can make a chose not to do it and play the game fair ... 

the most single-player game you can use the cheat engine do you use it there also..

you brake your own game fun.

if i play a game i want to get to the end and not because i can cheat or not  

22 hours ago, kingdiamond1986 said:

you now even if it possible you can make a chose not to do it and play the game fair ... 

the most single-player game you can use the cheat engine do you use it there also..

you brake your own game fun.

if i play a game i want to get to the end and not because i can cheat or not  

naw man i beat the maps legit and grinding for the gear I only use cheat engine on single player games for the speed up some games are very slow when playing with emulators that is what i have it for tbh.