Sign in to follow this  
MrPeterPFL

Frost Orc

Anything with the anti-frost mod, preferrebly 10/10 (gives extra 60% damage). If it is a trap you are using then anti-frost mod with defense rate mod and defense rate shard. If you overcap defense rate the frost orcs will hit a slow-wall, where they can only slow your defenses so much. Research over-capping defense rate if I am not being clear. Personally I use overcapped fissures with 10/10 anti-frost mod and overcapped defense speed, or ramsters with antifrost mod 10/10, depending on map and lane scenarios. 

On the anti-frost I did mention, preferrably. Sometimes the "anti" mods do not outweigh overall damage.

On top of Anti-Frost they are also susceptible to Anti-Melee and Anti-Orc. These percentages also stack multiplicatively with each other and the double damage from the fire damage, resulting in very large bonuses. Before I had the second Mass Destruction I did three Anti mods on my Fissures built for Cyborcs and Berserkers with Orc, Chaos, and Melee which I still used against Frost Orcs in a pair with my FA which had two Anti mods and a Rate mod to use double Destruction shards. They did a great job of smashing Frost enemies.

If you wanted to go all out against Frost alone, three Anti mods on a Fissure plus the Fire bonus is 819% damage. Whereas two Anti mods and the Fire bonus is 512% damage. One Anti and Fire bonus is 320% damage. In all cases the extra Anti mod can help deal out a ton of extra pain.

I always added a range factor as needed on heavy frost lanes. Pdt , Earth shatter , couple bees etc

• Like 1

What needs to be considered and measured is that anti mods decrease damage greatly, and I do not think that many people consider this. If you make a perfect medallion, and this goes with any tower or trap, couple it with the right mods, then you have a powerhouse. Each time you replace a  mod on the tower with an anti-mod you decrease the damage ouput drastically. Yes, you do increase the damage to certain mobs but you take away overall power to a point where the base dps is irrelevant.

I had experimented with this, swapping out medallions with particular mods and in finality there is one way a medallion is the overall powerful choice for a tower/trap's particular function:

1. You have an elite option (said tower/trap does more damage to any mob, by a large percent (average of 17% over the benefit of an "anti" mod) and is damaging all mobs without prejudice

2. The use of anti mods will only yield a total of 5% more damage (building with all 10/10s comparitively) than option 3 and will only yield a benefit against certain mobs.

3. You have a balanced yield of damage output and your tower/traps effect all mobs but do not yield the maximum damage potential against certain mobs.

In order to discover this you have to have a lot of resources. I have a lot of leftover 10/10 mods so I did the actual experiment (still have a piercer 10/10, anti-melee 10/10, tenacity 10/10, anti miniboss 10/10 all rotting, PS4 if you are interested).

Option one yields the most damage, even over the bonus damage of an anti-mod. This damage exceeds the benefit of each anti-mod by an average of 17% (anti-frost mod deals an extra % against frost yet takes away overall damage output. The damage output of option 1 is far greater than an anti-frost option's bonus 60% damage (c8 10/10).

Nobody seems to talk about how much damage anti-mods take away from a relic. If you build an excellent relic, then its benefits will outweigh the benefit of an anti-mod. So far, I've only discovered one consistent way of doing this. Don't just jump on an "anti" just because it juxtaposes your mob-type nemesis. There is a much better way.

Edited by ArchaicLotus

3 hours ago, ArchaicLotus said:

Nobody seems to talk about how much damage anti-mods take away from a relic. If you build an excellent relic, then its benefits will outweigh the benefit of an anti-mod. So far, I've only discovered one consistent way of doing this. Don't just jump on an "anti" just because it juxtaposes your mob-type nemesis. There is a much better way.

That is kind of the point, you build relics for specific lanes and only use them on those lanes. I wouldn't recommend building an Anti-Frost type relic and using it on a Timmy's Revenge lane just because it has a few Frost type enemies in it. That is where the yield of Anti mods greatly outweigh any other build. We are also building relics for the dangerous enemies and not Bomb "Two Finger" Thrower who will die to anything.

I'll be more specific. The reason why I had been so thorough in my reply to Mr.Peter is because we were talking about anti-frost orc methods. Against Frost lanes, there is a set-up that is more devastating than using just all anti mods. Whether or not the extra damage is based off of the relic's base damage power (which would be pointless), or the relic's combined power, post-mods/shards, there is a way to compile more damage against frost lanes than using all anti-mods, which ultimately nerf the overall damage, in which the damage boosts the anti mods' bonuses are based off of.

Edited by ArchaicLotus

This has been helpful, thank you all for replying 
@ArchaicLotus unfortunately I am on Xbox, if only this game was cross platform, but thank you for your kind offer and your in-depth response

Edited by MrPeterPFL