luuk_111

Let's talk about Ogre Snot

So, I think we've all felt a bit bs'ed by some ogre snot shots.
They reach over the entire map and basically focus Deadly Strikes towers if you have any.
Where they are thrown seems quite random, sometimes to towers on the lane, sometimes to other lanes.
They have quite a big AoE which just seems unfair.

I try to place my towers strategically so they won't be hit by enemies like the Archer or Mage, most of the time that works, but the Ogre being able to target them from across the map just feels wrong, especially on later Survival waves where they can be 2 shotted by Snot. I don't want to waste the small amounts of mana I'm getting on repairing a DS or FB tower for 20 mana because some ogre decided it would be fun to aim at something on another lane, miles away.

What are some experiences you guys have had?

My experience is mostly 'walk up into their melee range and they'll focus the snot on me, dance backwards, kill them with no damage to my towers'. 

10 minutes ago, Xurtan said:

My experience is mostly 'walk up into their melee range and they'll focus the snot on me, dance backwards, kill them with no damage to my towers'. 

Once the early uses for the Squire in DD1 was to tank ogers in front of a pile of towers.   

2 hours ago, Xurtan said:

This is basically what i do, however if you play solo and they appear in multiple lanes, sometimes it is unavoidable that that they throw their snot at your defences, and their AOE is far to great, that definitely needs a nerf, or the damage needs to be decreased, one or the other because as it stands it is just far too OP.

I've had striker towers but they often ignore them and go for the bulk of my defences, i think its completely random what towers the target.

13 hours ago, Xurtan said:

I try to do that too, but I play a lot of solo, when multiple spawn it's difficult, and even when I do aggro them they sometimes still throw snot at towers

2 hours ago, luuk_111 said:

I try to do that too, but I play a lot of solo, when multiple spawn it's difficult, and even when I do aggro them they sometimes still throw snot at towers

It's definitely less an aggro matter and more a range thing, you need to be close to them as they go to do it - otherwise even if they're gunning for you they have a tendency to lob it. DD1 worked similarly. Personally I think it's fine, damage and splash wise. I'd like to see it buffed, if anything. Ogres are nowhere near the scaling threats they need to be, at least not on the difficulties we have available. 

3 hours ago, Xurtan said:

It's definitely less an aggro matter and more a range thing, you need to be close to them as they go to do it - otherwise even if they're gunning for you they have a tendency to lob it. DD1 worked similarly. Personally I think it's fine, damage and splash wise. I'd like to see it buffed, if anything. Ogres are nowhere near the scaling threats they need to be, at least not on the difficulties we have available. 

that I have different experiences with, they do sometimes still aim at me from across the map, I just need to be on a path it seems, then they can find a way to me and they target me.

For example, I was standing by the most left spawn in Lava Mines, 2 ogres spawned on the Right most spawn, I shot at them and they threw snot at me, across the map.

agreed ogre snots are outta control.  they at least need to not have infinite casting range lol.  im watching them lob snot at the *farthest* towers on the map as soon as they spawn.  they at least need to ya know move a little and exist for more than 1 second to give players a chance to react.  i have no intention of spawn camping with a dps hero just to stop snots, spawn camping is lame.

I've never seen them shoot snot at my barricades, no matter my placement. Snot just loves my flameburst too much I guess lol

I play mostly solo also, it's a common issue, I'll keep experimenting with different placements until I have enough range on my towers to mitigate it a bit :D

Damn ogres..

Ogres are a bit of a joke compared to DD1. You can literally double jump over their melee attacks because they're so slow. 

1 hour ago, Racthoh said:

Ogres are a bit of a joke compared to DD1. You can literally double jump over their melee attacks because they're so slow. 

Yeah. They need to be massively buffed. 

4 hours ago, tehslippery said:

People keep forgetting these are the first 4 maps on the easier modes.

They really don't. Even on the easier modes in DD1 ogres were an actual threat you had to deal with and watch. Here they're just... sorta there. You smack them, they die, life goes on. They also don't scale basically at all. We really shouldn't be expecting the difficulty to BEGIN on Nightmare. 

2 hours ago, Xurtan said:

They really don't. Even on the easier modes in DD1 ogres were an actual threat you had to deal with and watch. Here they're just... sorta there. You smack them, they die, life goes on. They also don't scale basically at all. We really shouldn't be expecting the difficulty to BEGIN on Nightmare. 

and that's why were in Beta :P, CG now (hopefully) sees that Ogres (and difficulty in general probably) need to be balanced, better Melee AI, lesser Snot throwing/damage/aoe/anything

Edited by luuk_111
  • Like 1