Razorioum

Heroes/Characters gone?

Hi there,

I played last night (had around 7-8 heroes as far as I remember), logged in today - all gone..? Took me through the newcommer screen

Can someone clarify whats happened? Or help me get these back?

I have not changed computer, had any system updates or alike - Only thing updates was graphics driver.  PC is 14 days old.

EDIT: Playing via Steam. My steam handle is MrGregegersen

Backed at Kickstarter.

Edited by Razorioum

Your best bet is to report it here so our dev team can review:

https://chromatic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Saves are a little strange right now because we will be doing cross-saves on our servers for launch, whereas right now it's stored locally for the beta, so the storage systems will be dramatically different on release and hopefully this won't be an issue.

7 minutes ago, cg_kyled said:

Your best bet is to report it here so our dev team can review:

https://chromatic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Saves are a little strange right now because we will be doing cross-saves on our servers for launch, whereas right now it's stored locally for the beta, so the storage systems will be dramatically different on release and hopefully this won't be an issue.

Hi Kyle,

I've submitted an report. I see, very weird that it even has the ability to delete my savegame..

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Razorioum said:

Hi Kyle,

I've submitted an report. I see, very weird that it even has the ability to delete my savegame..

Thanks.

Hopefully that's part of the hack prevention. Hacked items? Deleted save! 

15 hours ago, Xurtan said:

Hopefully that's part of the hack prevention. Hacked items? Deleted save! 

So, is your comment meant as in I am a cheater, or do I missunderstand your comment?

1 hour ago, Razorioum said:

So, is your comment meant as in I am a cheater, or do I missunderstand your comment?

Based on how it was typed I assume they were just making a joke, wanting something like this to be a punishment for those who do cheat or alter gear as a way to discourage people from doing it in the first place :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exglint said:

Based on how it was typed I assume they were just making a joke, wanting something like this to be a punishment for those who do cheat or alter gear as a way to discourage people from doing it in the first place :P

I agree, cheating should not even be anywhere near an possibility. I must've misunderstood, took it as if I was the cheater. Worked hard for the characters and their items in the short period of time the beta has been going, therefor sad to loose it just from day A to day B :)

Thanks.

Cheating (at least for items) won't be possible because the saves will be stored on our servers.  We are working hard to make sure the game is fair for everyone!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cg_kyled said:

Cheating (at least for items) won't be possible because the saves will be stored on our servers and not locally.  We are working hard to make sure the game is fair for everyone!

Hi Kyle

How often does your people check the incoming mails? No response yet.

Just now, Razorioum said:

Hi Kyle

How often does your people check the incoming mails? No response yet.

We don't usually respond to the bug reports sent to the link above, it is simply for us to gauge the most popular bugs and address them. If you e-mailed our support line or preorder@chromatic.games, generally it can take up to 48 hours, sometimes more if we're busy. It's also the holiday season so we're down a few people and there's a lot to do.

1 minute ago, cg_kyled said:

We don't usually respond to the bug reports sent to the link above, it is simply for us to gauge the most popular bugs and address them. If you e-mailed our support line or preorder@chromatic.games, generally it can take up to 48 hours, sometimes more if we're busy. It's also the holiday season so we're down a few people and there's a lot to do.

Hi Kyle,

Just got an response that the link I used, was only for DD2 support - they provided another link, and said "use this" - exact same fking link...

2 minutes ago, Razorioum said:

Hi Kyle,

Just got an response that the link I used, was only for DD2 support - they provided another link, and said "use this" - exact same fking link...

Please remember DDA is in beta, we are NOT offering live support for it. We're accepting feedback via the forms linked but that is all, no e-mail support (unless it's an order question). This allows us to see everyone's issues in one place and determine the most important issues to address at a time.

25 minutes ago, cg_kyled said:

Please remember DDA is in beta, we are NOT offering live support for it. We're accepting feedback via the forms linked but that is all, no e-mail support (unless it's an order question). This allows us to see everyone's issues in one place and determine the most important issues to address at a time.

So loss of characters/heroes is counted as support, not a major bug? Imagine having a player base of 500.000 - lets say you get unlucky and 50.000 of these RANDOMLY looses all heroes, just by being away from home with their PC turned off - how far do you imagine that'll bring it?

Can you provide any kind of help, in re-establishing the heroes?

On 12/5/2019 at 2:06 PM, Razorioum said:

So loss of characters/heroes is counted as support, not a major bug? Imagine having a player base of 500.000 - lets say you get unlucky and 50.000 of these RANDOMLY looses all heroes, just by being away from home with their PC turned off - how far do you imagine that'll bring it?

Can you provide any kind of help, in re-establishing the heroes?

It is definitely a bug, and all bug tracking is handled via that link. There is nothing we can do from our end to return them because they're stored locally, therefore reporting it is the only thing you can do. Again, saves will be handled very differently upon launch, this is just for the Beta and we'll make sure there is no data loss.