Sign in to follow this  
fluffycalico

Beta rocks with pics

What is the best beta rock you have gotten so far?

Here is mine

image.png.f1eeee644bc79c2f383fd2d3ea47529d.png

Lets see yours

image.png

image.png

Edited by fluffycalico
cant remove stupid extra picture
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AJsEpicGames said:

This was the best pet i found, i was extremely lucky, this is like my 8th Mista Mine.

That is ridiculous. I stopped farming rocks when so many i got was 0 stat ones. Didn't see much of a point since everything is just gonna get wiped. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AJsEpicGames said:

This was the best pet i found, i was extremely lucky, this is like my 8th Mista Mine.

image.png.b9c5ee56a3dc6226865f1a58f7b67d31.png

Was that from 15 or 25

1 hour ago, fluffycalico said:

Was that from 15 or 25

I got it on wave 15, its completely random, i dont think getting the pet from 15 or 25 makes a difference its the same RNG, even though it probably should be better at 25.

1 hour ago, Toradorable said:

That is ridiculous. I stopped farming rocks when so many i got was 0 stat ones. Didn't see much of a point since everything is just gonna get wiped. 

To be honest i haven't really farmed rocks specifically, i was just doing insane survival on random maps by joining random games and got lucky, it was pure chance.

I dont think it matters than we only have 4 maps to farm or not really. People playing beta naturally want to find the best possible stats from those 4 maps. It helps some get a better idea of what progression might look like on full release, things are subject to change sure, but it is good to have some comparison. how long does it take to get the best stats? what is the RNG like? these numbers can help CG balance the game better before release, they can look at how long players played and what results that shows, is it too quick or slow, is it too unfair? We may not know what the RNG is or what stats should be attainable but CG does. I may not have a good pet yet, but that alone I hope tells them something useful. This is a beta, we are supposed to test the mechanics and in some ways break the game. Perhaps it may be more useful to say how many pets it took to get the better ones than just what the best one is? I dont know since I dont know if I will ever get RNG to work in my favour lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dizzydiana said:

People playing beta naturally want to find the best possible stats from those 4 maps

Pretty sure most people playing beta are just playing it to check out how the game is. Sink in a dozen hours, report some really obvious bugs, then they're done. I'm willing to bet only a handful of people are actually treating it as a beta and actively trying to break the game and find bugs. Most people don't want to burn themselves out before release

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Toradorable said:

Pretty sure most people playing beta are just playing it to check out how the game is. Sink in a dozen hours, report some really obvious bugs, then they're done. I'm willing to bet only a handful of people are actually treating it as a beta and actively trying to break the game and find bugs. Most people don't want to burn themselves out before release

I've certainly left a lot of feedback, though there's not many blatant bugs, thankfully. But yeah, most people anymore tend to treat betas like early trials. Certainly I bought into it for my friend group so we could see how close the game was to DD2. (Read: Whether we'd be playing at all, if the game was too close to that mess in gameplay or design philosophy) 

I am sorry for some confusion I seem to of caused in my post. I was trying to say it is natural for some people to be interested in what the best stats available are. I understand that not everyone will actually want to play all day everyday to find it out for themselves. I feel that even if 10 maps were present some would still try to find the max or want to know what it is. I feel threads like this are interesting to others, whether they personally want to spend weeks farming for loot. I hope I managed to be more coherent in my point than I was previously.

Edited by dizzydiana

17 hours ago, AJsEpicGames said:

Yours has much higher stats but I noticed mine has 8 stats and yours only 6.  Do all rocks not have the same # of stats?

On 12/3/2019 at 1:38 AM, fluffycalico said:

Yours has much higher stats but I noticed mine has 8 stats and yours only 6.  Do all rocks not have the same # of stats?

I've had rocks with no stats, 1 stat, 4 stats, its quite varied.

On 12/2/2019 at 12:10 AM, AJsEpicGames said:

That right there, is a thing of beauty. I will leave my screenshots in a hidden folder after seeing this one :P Grats to you!

5 hours ago, Juicebags said:

That right there, is a thing of beauty. I will leave my screenshots in a hidden folder after seeing this one :P Grats to you!

Indeed it is! Shame it wont be with me on the full release, during its small life i have christened it with the name "Binky the Kid" and he fights as hard as any of my towers!