DarkDasher

Auto AFK background tower boost

1 hour ago, The Ich said:

I am going to disagree with you, I did an successful afk run on insane labs survival up to 25. Though I repaired the auras after each wave. Little hint: You do not have to place the ensnare and especially the strength drain aura so much to the front. If they are a bit behind the e-aura and enrage, you save tons of HP/s. Also spending a few extra points in tower HP certainly helps (and was needed); I did it with level 48 chars, so with level 70 you should have plenty of additional stats.

Another tip you don't need 4 types of auras out there at all.   Just ensnare and strength drain will work fine with a pile of mage towers

Not sure this is a healthy thread, but I'll leave that up to @Alhanalem.  Regardless, I truly and emphatically hope the difficulty is to the point that a single AFK player guarantees a wipe. This sort of shit really shouldn't be encouraged or the intention of the game, and scripting/botting really should be bannable. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xurtan said:

Not sure this is a healthy thread, but I'll leave that up to @Alhanalem.  Regardless, I truly and emphatically hope the difficulty is to the point that a single AFK player guarantees a wipe. This sort of shit really shouldn't be encouraged or the intention of the game, and scripting/botting really should be bannable. 

Completely agree! In my opinion I would even be tempted to remove the thread entirely, but thats up to the Moderator.

6 hours ago, fluffycalico said:

So you are saying there has never been a good game ever as in the last 30 or so years I have never seen or even heard of a polished beta

Final games are supposed to be polished. Betas are, by definition in the sofatware industry, incomplete and therefore by definition are not "polished." yet.

As far as the actual topic, I don't feel this is something to be encouraged; however, rules on what is or isn't allowed for external apps hasn't been established, so I will wait until I find out more from the powers that be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At this point with people only playing the first four maps with level 50-70 toons sporting some of the very best gear possible to land in those 4 maps it should be totally fine for some one to afk solo one of these 4 maps on insane. There comes a point to where it'd be dumb if my towers can't crush a few insignificant ants without me babysitting them.

It always annoyed me when I had to get my mage over to one shot something totally trivial that got passed one of my towers in DD1.

• Like 3

I'd almost rather see an enemy type that towers ignore totally, forcing people to actually react. *shrug* Though I don't necessarily disagree, as long it's the equivalent distance of say, someone in late NM gear AFKing an early Insane map.

11 hours ago, Xurtan said:

I'd almost rather see an enemy type that towers ignore totally, forcing people to actually react. *shrug* Though I don't necessarily disagree, as long it's the equivalent distance of say, someone in late NM gear AFKing an early Insane map.

Having enemies that completely ignore defences may be a good idea, but they could not appear in Pure Strategy. Enemies which head straight for the hero encouraging engagement exist in both DD1 and DD2, but players would find a way to deal with them with existing defences anyway. I am not sure how best to encourage engagement other than with Bosses where towers wouldnt be able to defeat them and force heroes to DPS them down.

2 hours ago, dizzydiana said:

I am not sure how best to encourage engagement other than with Bosses where towers wouldnt be able to defeat them and force heroes to DPS them down.

This would completly break the game for anyone who wants to play a builder and not log to other characters.   You get a bonus to tower damage by staying on as they want builder to be a viable play style.   There are some people who want to switch between 4-8 characters and there are also alot that don't want to go switching all the time.   We should not change bosses to intentionally break 1 of those play styles.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Xurtan said:

4 hours ago, dizzydiana said:

Having enemies that completely ignore defences may be a good idea, but they could not appear in Pure Strategy. Enemies which head straight for the hero encouraging engagement exist in both DD1 and DD2, but players would find a way to deal with them with existing defences anyway. I am not sure how best to encourage engagement other than with Bosses where towers wouldnt be able to defeat them and force heroes to DPS them down.

I disagree with this idea. That would be a nightmare. It would completely take out any incentive to get better gear in the endgame to make farming more easy. Why would I farm gear, if I can beat the map with an active playstyle - which I would have to use anyway - already? One of the motivating factors to strive for the best possible gear is definitely to make farming easier and easier for yourself, up to a point, where you have overleveled the content so much, that it becomes semi- and eventually completely afk-farmable. It amplifies the feeling of becoming more powerful.

I already do not like the copters and sharks too much in DD1, because they hard-counter certain defenses and are forcing you to use a very specific setup to counter them. Well, I guess you would use minion walls, reflection beams and gas traps anyway, but still having mobs that hard-counter certain defenses will massively restrict your choices of defenses.

Speaking of the gas traps and enrage aura - these defenses are completely op against certain type of mobs, because they can perma-stun them or hold them in place. This leads to a situation, where certain mob types become completely irrelevant and reduces the threat to those, that are immune against these defenses. I would rather have a (almost) non-stoppable armee of (all kind of) mobs pushing at my defenses, so that also the sheer number of (trash) mobs would increase the pressure. DMG and especially HP scaling might have to be tuned down a bit, but it would still be a more interesting experience than having tons of mobs with millions of HP - you would never be able to deal with, if they would all charge at your defenses at once - slowly dieing in a spot.

1 hour ago, fluffycalico said:

This would completly break the game for anyone who wants to play a builder and not log to other characters.   You get a bonus to tower damage by staying on as they want builder to be a viable play style.   There are some people who want to switch between 4-8 characters and there are also alot that don't want to go switching all the time.   We should not change bosses to intentionally break 1 of those play styles.

Yeah, exactly this. That's why we have challenges and lots of other different gamemodes in the game. Also an active playstyle with a DPS char will always be more powerful than just an active builder. But that's ok - it is a good way to compensate for a non-optimal build or too low stats.

Edited by The Ich