Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Big_D_N_Lil_J

Make Legends Great Again!

Recommended Posts

I already gave some feedback a few days ago. Here's more:

 

I'd love to see heroes be able to auto jump over small things like short walls, hero defenses, etc. Kinda like in DDE. That was nice QOL. Will it come back please? Pretty please with your fav. desert topping on top?

I feel like each tier of loot should be better from the previous. uncommon better than common. rare better than uncommon, etc. 

i.e. I had a purple staff doin 165 dmg with x6 spread and 1265 projectile speed. I found a legendary staff that did 86 dmg x6 spread and 1100 projectile speed. It did have 100 fire dmg as well, but the purple coulda easily had element dmg. I feel like this shouldn't be the case. Sure, the iPWR is higher, but the base dmg was lower.
Here's what I'd like to see (Hypotheical #'s):
Common dmg 1-50
Uncommon dmg 51-100
Rare dmg 101-150
etc. You get the idea.
The higher the  iPWR the more dmg the weapon would do in each category.
All stats on all gear would also have a range based off the category (common, rare, etc).

When I get a legendary item, I don't wanna have an immediate happy moment be immediately killed when I look at the stats. Legends are better! Or...at least they SHOULD be, because currently, they aren't.

Maybe this is a dumb idea. Maybe it's the best idea since sliced bread! Haha! Agree or disagree with the idea? Why or why not?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not really a fan of this as it tends to activate when you don't really want it to when you brush against things. But It would be okay as a toggleable option if enough people wanted it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand your point, but even back in DD1 you could get an exceptionally good roll on a Godly item followed by a bad roll on a Mythical item. From what I understand is loot will drop within a specific range of stats leaving allot to RNG. It wont have the exact same stat as another piece with the same IPWR and/or rarity. This will lead to frustration if you get a bad roll, but I dont see a way around it without setting fixed stats amounts and tieing them directly to loot.

Edited by dizzydiana
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You do know even a weapon is more than just the damage it does...also since you cant even see how many upgrades  it has...or if that was a level 30 legendary and level 40 purple you really don't have enough information to even claim there is an issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be okay with auto-mantling if I could turn it off. I'm never a personal fan of how it feels, but maybe some people would like it? *shrug* I usually found it screwed me up more often than not. Loot wise, eh, I'd be happier to see negative attributes and such come back again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Xurtan said:

I'd be okay with auto-mantling if I could turn it off. I'm never a personal fan of how it feels, but maybe some people would like it? *shrug* I usually found it screwed me up more often than not. Loot wise, eh, I'd be happier to see negative attributes and such come back again. 

there are much more fun and engaging ways to make the game harder. Having items with negative stats with a boost to others, a trade off item, has never been fun in any game.

Edited by Vindicit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vindicit said:

there are much more fun and engaging ways to make the game harder. Having items with negative stats with a boost to others, a trade off item, has never been fun in any game.

I enjoyed them. I've definitely seen others say the same thing on these forums. *shrug* Though they are perhaps split enough opinion wise that we won't see a return of them, fair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The main problem for many with negative stats is one could totally ruin the item. Having all but one tower stats positive and the fourth negative, but also a DPS stat or 2 negative meant it wasnt useful to any hero. having a 0 stat instead like what is happening in DD, still allows lot to be somewhat useful than going straight to trash.  I would like to be able to actually see the 0 though it is making it a little difficult to compare items for me. 

I am a little mixed on there only being a flat resistance though. I am not totally sure if I like this change. It made sense in DD2 where enemies on the whole didnt have elemental damage. I am not as sure with DDA, I quite liked having separate resistances to each type of damage, But I see advantages with flat resistance too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, dizzydiana said:

I quite liked having separate resistances to each type of damage

Largely I agree with this. I think it's just more interesting to give us a chance to play around with specific types/builds/focuses as far as resistances rather than a flat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to touch on this since I see way too many people talking about it this way.

iPwr is not a determining factor of what will be on the item, what is on the item determines the iPwr. Think of it like this, 4+4=8 but 8 can equal 5+3, 3+5, 6+2, 2+6, etc etc. In that sense 8 is the iPwr but doesn't determine what numbers are being added to equal 8. Stop staring at iPwr, it is for brainless equipping or for those who don't understand the stats.

As far as rarity goes, I get why everyone wants one color to lead into the next because it would be simplified that way, but it will lead to the game getting very monotone. There are only 6 difficulties (Plus Survivals) and to my knowledge DD1 had 8 colors of gear. If you wanted to leave Ult and Supreme for late survival farming that means each difficulty would only ever drop one color of gear all the time, for the most part. they would probably still drop lower rarity gear but everyone would literally turn a blind eye to it and never acknowledge that its even there because by color alone they know it will never be worth anything.

In my opinion, I would rather get away from that (basically what we have now) because I hate seeing tons of white gear all over the place. I would rather get deeper into multicolored loot in every difficulty and checking everything. This is after all, a looter game.

Edited by Exglint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Exglint said:

I just want to touch on this since I see way too many people talking about it this way.

iPwr is not a determining factor of what will be on the item, what is on the item determines the iPwr. Think of it like this, 4+4=8 but 8 can equal 5+3, 3+5, 6+2, 2+6, etc etc. In that sense 8 is the iPwr but doesn't determine what numbers are being added to equal 8. Stop staring at iPwr, it is for brainless equipping or for those who don't understand the stats.

As far as rarity goes, I get why everyone wants one color to lead into the next because it would be simplified that way, but it will lead to the game getting very monotone. There are only 6 difficulties (Plus Survivals) and to my knowledge DD1 had 8 colors of gear. If you wanted to leave Ult and Supreme for late survival farming that means each difficulty would only ever drop one color of gear all the time, for the most part. they would probably still drop lower rarity gear but everyone would literally turn a blind eye to it and never acknowledge that its even there because by color alone they know it will never be worth anything.

In my opinion, I would rather get away from that (basically what we have now) because I hate seeing tons of white gear all over the place. I would rather get deeper into multicolored loot in every difficulty and checking everything. This is after all, a looter game.

This is basically how I see IPWR, I just didnt articulate it as in depth as yourself. I understand why one rarity might to some lose its shine after picking up the 1000th or so of that rarity. I always focused on the ACTUAL stats on gear and only used rarity in DD1 as a guide of whether the item could possibly be better than what I had currently. There were other advantages to using a Transcendant over Mythical items just like using a legendary item over Mythical in DD2. It isnt clear at the moment if rarities persist through all ranges of Ipwr or only represent one specific range of IPWR. Also it isnt clear that higher ipwr items/rarities will change the amount of set bonus at a certain point. I found it frustrating that in DD1 loot was gaited into Godly and below and mythical and above to how you could get the set bonus. It made the transition from godly to Mythical more difficult than it needed to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...