Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie

New map incoming

So I guess most of the people on here have done the current maps to death already. So will a new map be dropping soon with new pet.

On the pet front will we be seeing the hero guardian pets, and the ever useful genie pet?

Probably not, the beta is just for gameplay testing. They can get all the testing they need to be done with the 4 maps we have, and they don't want to spoil the entire game for us.

These are the beta maps they are saving wave 2 and 3 for launch. 

As for the guardian pets they come when and if we get summit.   If memory serves summit is the final map of wave 3.   If that is correct then they should come as wave3 is already announced for launch.

5 hours ago, Fozzie said:

So I guess most of the people on here have done the current maps to death already. So will a new map be dropping soon with new pet.

On the pet front will we be seeing the hero guardian pets, and the ever useful genie pet?

No. the beta is time limited and will only contain the four maps available now. The beta will end in a week or two and the next thing you'll see is the full game.

• Like 1

I feel the main issue here is do the people who backed in Kickstarter or pre-ordered before we had any real information feel satisfied with the limited beta we have at present. we have not really had any information to help us feel comfortable that our money was well spent. The only real valuable information so far is what we have gained from this limited Beta. Since information has been extremely lacking from CG over the months since he start of KS we have no real idea of how far along they are in development. Some of us worry that the February release date is too ambitious, with the very limited beta we have had access too. We need more reassurance that the game will be finished in time and to be more involved in at least seeing where they are in terms of development. Many here are hoping for further rounds of testing to help prove the developers are being true to their word and to feel confident that they have not wasted money on a broken mess. It is a sad fact that CG has lost the faith of many players over the years with DDE and DD2, but there is little that can be done about that now. they have to rebuild the faith of the community and at present they dont seem to be doing a good job with that.

Edited by dizzydiana
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dizzydiana said:

I feel the main issue here is do the people who backed in Kickstarter or pre-ordered before we had any real information feel satisfied with the limited beta we have at present. we have not really had any information to help us feel comfortable that our money was well spent. The only real valuable information so far is what we have gained from this limited Beta. Since information has been extremely lacking from CG over the months since he start of KS we have no real idea of how far along they are in development. Some of us worry that the February release date is too ambitious, with the very limited beta we have had access too. We need more reassurance that the game will be finished in time and to be more involved in at least seeing where they are in terms of development. Many here are hoping for further rounds of testing to help prove the developers are being true to their word and to feel confident that they have not wasted money on a broken mess. It is a sad fact that CG has lost the faith of many players over the years with DDE and DD2, but there is little that can be done about that now. they have to rebuild the faith of the community and at present they dont seem to be doing a good job with that.

But please be careful not to paint your opinion as that of everyone around you (by your use o f the word "we").
I am really just a member of the community much like you, I want that to be clear.
Frankly, with the updates to the beta that have addressed a ton of issues and improvements, I'm not terribly concernted (And yes, I am  a kccikstarter backer). If that didn't happen, I might be, but they're clearly working hard on this, and that's probably why there hasn't been the level of communication you would probably like.

I would rather every soul at chromatic be working on the game than taking time out of their day to post constant updates. The game will be better for it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fozzie said:

OK hope you have enough feedback.

There's no such thing, so don't stop. :p
(Again remember I'm a volunteer and do not work for Chromatic)

Count me in as part of that 'we'. It's a major concern for me, considering the amount of things I want changed/see that (at least for me) need to be improved or changed. The game feels like it has a lot of potential and is on the right path, but getting it as close as it can before February release feels... ambitious. I'm hopeful they seriously take the time to go over all of the feedback, and note all of the requests. Some will be easier than others, obviously, but they're all from a place of passion and love. Not all of them will fit, either, and that's fine, especially with them wanting their own vision. The biggest thing I want are NOTABLE changes come launch, so we know they're actually listening to the things important to their dedicated fanbase. For me and certainly others I've seen, this will be the last chance the IP has to get back to its DD1 roots before I give up on it, so I'm watching it really carefully. 

38 minutes ago, Xurtan said:

Count me in as part of that 'we'. It's a major concern for me, considering the amount of things I want changed/see that (at least for me) need to be improved or changed. The game feels like it has a lot of potential and is on the right path, but getting it as close as it can before February release feels... ambitious. I'm hopeful they seriously take the time to go over all of the feedback, and note all of the requests. Some will be easier than others, obviously, but they're all from a place of passion and love. Not all of them will fit, either, and that's fine, especially with them wanting their own vision. The biggest thing I want are NOTABLE changes come launch, so we know they're actually listening to the things important to their dedicated fanbase. For me and certainly others I've seen, this will be the last chance the IP has to get back to its DD1 roots before I give up on it, so I'm watching it really carefully. 

Well that's why you keep posting, and they keep patching and updating and everything it is game studios do.

Just remember, just because they don't have PR/community people posting constant updates doesn't mean they aren't working on things or reading your feedback. They are in fact seeking people to fill that role, as you can plainly see on the company site ( https://chromatic.games ) What that means is everyone's working on the game and don't have the time to spare to be as there as they want to be for the community end of things. The good news is that will change once that position is filled. :p

Keep posting your feedback, you can't say they didn't listen if you don't tell them what you think. >.>

13 minutes ago, Alhanalem said:

Well that's why you keep posting, and they keep patching and updating and everything it is game studios do.

Just remember, just because they don't have PR/community people posting constant updates doesn't mean they aren't working on things or reading your feedback. They are in fact seeking people to fill that role, as you can plainly see on the company site ( https://chromatic.games ) What that means is everyone's working on the game and don't have the time to spare to be as there as they want to be for the community end of things. The good news is that will change once that position is filled. :p

Keep posting your feedback, you can't say they didn't listen if you don't tell them what you think. >.>

Oh absolutely, I'd never disagree with that. Still posting, still playing, still finding feedback. I don't know if they watch or will take it into account--plenty of companies WITH PR people don't--but I have to hope they will, so I keep doing it. If they ignore it all, well, that's a sign right there. 

I am sorry if it seemed I over generalised in my post. I try to be as objective as possible and sometimes I dont realise how something I have written may be interpreted. I know the developers have been lacking in personnel, but that doesnt help the problem when very little actual information is given. Perhaps if we saw more gameplay other than very short promos before we actually got into this beta, people would feel more confident. I still have some faith, but I find it difficult trying to envision that they are more or less finished the game. It is easy to feel that this Beta is as far as they have actually developed, when perhaps they have got to a point where little work is needed. It doesnt give me much confidence in the release date at the moment. I dont mind if it does indeed need longer to get it right. I just want to see in some way where they are at. I think others may have the same feeling. I want to feel that my money has been invested wisely, that giving them another chance was the right decision and at the moment I am not sure how much holds true.

• Like 1