Sign in to follow this  
Woqini

Aura Spheres

Not a betatester myself, but i just saw a video with auras build. I remember a lot of complaints back in DD1, that the auras where visually annoying. For that reason, the auras were changed in DD2. Why go back to the old look ? Am i the only one having an issue with that choice ?

• Confused 1

They may regret it when auras get huge and damage numbers obscure the whole play area. Large auras used to kill Tinkerers Lab runs as it caused so much lag as to be mostly unplayable.

The bigger problem in DD1 was the auras were so big you could not target the specific auras to repair/upgrade them. They now have icons for that and you can turn off damage numbers in the options. So both of these problems are solved.

Edited by Vindicit
  • Like 2

I think the 3D model for some (incluiding myself)   just seems easier to see where the aura covers. I never really liked the DD2 look of auras. Since auras are spherical in nature, I just found it easier to plan when I could see the part of the sphere that could affect mobs constantly (usually being a semi-sphere). The 2d visual for me made it a little frustrating, I know there was a way to quickly highlight the range, but that only persisted while I held the appropriate button and only on one aura at a time.  I understand there being perhaps performance reasons to use the 2D visual over the 3D model during combat, but if there as still a way for the 3D model could persist during the building phase I would much prefer that over what happened in DD2.

Edited by dizzydiana
  • Like 1