Sign in to follow this  
AJsEpicGames

DD:A Patch 4 Video

Do you want to see my DD:A Patch Reviews on the forums?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see my DD:A Patch Reviews on the forums?

• Yes
    • No
    • Meh

I am a new youtuber and am going to be posting videos for each new patch that comes out doing my best to explain what has been fixed, changed, added and removed etc... 

Please let me know if this is wanted on the forums and i will post my videos here to help you out.

Edited by AJsEpicGames

I think overall that if you are willing to do things like this as a positive thing. It can help others since some people absorb information better in formats like this. My only sort of criticism would be perhaps when talking about pets would be to demonstrate droppiing eg - have your little speech during the end of wave 24 to "show" the new pet. I only point this out as it seems you took time to show visually that names on towers could be seen from a distance. I appreciate what you are trying to do and I hope that get good feedback from others. I may not personally need this, but I do feel it adds value to the forum.

7 hours ago, dizzydiana said:

I think overall that if you are willing to do things like this as a positive thing. It can help others since some people absorb information better in formats like this. My only sort of criticism would be perhaps when talking about pets would be to demonstrate droppiing eg - have your little speech during the end of wave 24 to "show" the new pet. I only point this out as it seems you took time to show visually that names on towers could be seen from a distance. I appreciate what you are trying to do and I hope that get good feedback from others. I may not personally need this, but I do feel it adds value to the forum.

Thanks for your thoughts! 

You know, i have footage of a pet dropping on wave 24 on 2 different maps and completely overlooked this.... Since i'm new to YouTube i'm chopping it up to a lack of experience that i made that mistake, ill try to be more thorough next time. 

My biggest issue with this sort of thing is it's often annoying to actually get to information I care about. More often than not I click on something like 'Patch review' or whatever, find out it's a video, and immediately close it. A quick bullet point system in text is infinitely preferred, and lacking that I'll sooner just find out for myself/go solely off the patch notes. 

1 hour ago, Xurtan said:

My biggest issue with this sort of thing is it's often annoying to actually get to information I care about. More often than not I click on something like 'Patch review' or whatever, find out it's a video, and immediately close it. A quick bullet point system in text is infinitely preferred, and lacking that I'll sooner just find out for myself/go solely off the patch notes. 

I don't think i will go straight up bullet point reviews, its easier to just check the patch notes if that is your preference, i believe most people like to see a review of the updates to see if they are beneficial, if the fixes etc... actually work i.e they claimed to have fixed wave 25 pet drop, and while pet does drop its actually on wave 24, so i can show clips of this for people to see for themselves. 

You have however given me an idea, in future update style videos, i will include time codes you can click to, to see the relevant information, either in the description, in a comment pinned to the top, or in the video and add clickable annotations. 

I think i will most likely put them in the description AND in a comment. It may not be as fast and straight to the point as you want but it would accommodate people who just want to know about a specific thing in the new update so they don't have to click through to find it. 

Thanks for the feedback, its much appreciated! :D

Time stamps would definitely help, yeah. A large part of the YT issue is it's often 'HEEEEEEEEY GUYS IT'S [obnoxious name] HERE' followed by 5 minutes of nonsense to even start getting to the relevant information. If I can open it and skip to shit I care about I'd at least glance at it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xurtan said:

Time stamps would definitely help, yeah. A large part of the YT issue is it's often 'HEEEEEEEEY GUYS IT'S [obnoxious name] HERE' followed by 5 minutes of nonsense to even start getting to the relevant information. If I can open it and skip to shit I care about I'd at least glance at it. 

Lol yea thats true, for a video thats dedicated to reviewing something, you shouldn't have any intro other than "We are reviewing Patch # so lets take a look!" or something short and sweet like that. 

The intros that go like you described are good for things like solo gameplay/lets plays but not reviews, they need to be straight to the point. 

I would like to thank @AJsEpicGames for being able to take on the criticism posted thus far in a constructive way. I would also like to encourage others offering criticism to remain constructive also. I wasnt sure at first if I should put my views here or go straight to his channel and post there. After some thinking I thought since AJ wishes to publish them here also it would be appropriate to give my feedback on this forum. I may not personally need this format to check out patches and how they affect myself, but I think perhaps others might.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AJsEpicGames said:

I don't think i will go straight up bullet point reviews, its easier to just check the patch notes if that is your preference, i believe most people like to see a review of the updates to see if they are beneficial, if the fixes etc... actually work i.e they claimed to have fixed wave 25 pet drop, and while pet does drop its actually on wave 24, so i can show clips of this for people to see for themselves. 

You have however given me an idea, in future update style videos, i will include time codes you can click to, to see the relevant information, either in the description, in a comment pinned to the top, or in the video and add clickable annotations. 

I think i will most likely put them in the description AND in a comment. It may not be as fast and straight to the point as you want but it would accommodate people who just want to know about a specific thing in the new update so they don't have to click through to find it. 

Thanks for the feedback, its much appreciated! :D

It's generally a good idea to give linked videos some context. I generally won't click on a video link that's just the video without any context or description, no matter who posted it, even my best friend. You don't need to put th e whole content of the video into text,  but a brief synopsis will actually lead to views.

One way to do this well would be the way another user suggested. Include a few bullet points in the forum post with timestamps to jump to the key points. When people decide they like your content, they'll follow/subscribe you and then the next time, they might watch the whole thing. This is how you build a base. I do get the impression you want to take this sort of thing seriously, so I look forward to seeing the results of all this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alhanalem said:

It's generally a good idea to give linked videos some context. I generally won't click on a video link that's just the video without any context or description, no matter who posted it, even my best friend. You don't need to put th e whole content of the video into text,  but a brief synopsis will actually lead to views.

One way to do this well would be the way another user suggested. Include a few bullet points in the forum post with timestamps to jump to the key points. When people decide they like your content, they'll follow/subscribe you and then the next time, they might watch the whole thing. This is how you build a base. I do get the impression you want to take this sort of thing seriously, so I look forward to seeing the results of all this.

Yea, that makes sense, ill include a more detailed description next time on youtube and in the forums.