Sign in to follow this  
Alhanalem

Traps are disporportionately burdensome to maintain

I realize, first, that the health scaling isn't that different in DDA vs DD1, but right now, traps are difficult to use- not because they are too week, but because they require so much maintenance th at it will drain too much of your mana and prevent things from getting upgraded. Traps don't feel like they get enough charges for the investment in defense health. I can look away from one lane for just a little while, and look back and discover the traps went down (really wish there were notifications for dead defenses). With other non-wall defenses, as long as you don't build them too close they will never need repairs.

Really I'm just proposing to increase the health scaling for traps, because they go down way too fast to the point where I don't invest in tower rate because that just makes them go down faster. I realize that when we play the high tier difficulties after release this may be less of an issue, but for the game available to us now, it's just silly how much tower health you need to get a reasonable number of charges on your traps.

I more or less agree with you, but I am not sure if my limited experience with the huntress how I feel it compares to DD1. I havent used anything other than Proximity mines with hero points only in HP and Damage. I dont think from memory with similar stats invested in DD1 to what my Huntress in DDA has now being all that different, but that was some time ago or more recently on console where scaling worked differently. They do take more maintenance than I feel makes them worthwhile use at the moment, especially if you are relying on them being the main source of damage. I cannot say for sure how I feel in general about traps until I get a better idea of how useful they may become.

Edited by dizzydiana

Well i really feels you but i think it comes from the low mana drop rate on survival. I didnt play huntress yet but had the same problem. Also needs to mention they put us greats gears for low lvl to test em out for beta. Trust me they will get everything well balanced in the real game

Yea, i tried doing a alc. lab with just traps and around wave 12-13(?) I had to spend all the mana I got simply doing repairs. Not allowing for a single upgrade more.

Might  of been a bit my fault, I placed some of them quite close to the spawn, so it used more than it would of need to, but still, wouldn't have changed very much.

I've actually found myself healing traps maybe once a round up to wave 16. Even in DD1 I think the highest HP traps only had like 400 uses depending on how much you invest into HP. My traps not focused on HP while almost max upgraded have 40-50 uses which seems reasonable tbh.  Although I've invested entirely into damage on my traps and a lot into my aura's so really they're only used often late game and against ogre's (which they just absolutely nuke off).

I'm sure when the game is out trap HP along with aura HP will likely fix itsself as we get near endgame like in DD1. Until then you'll just have to deal with healing your incredibly OP killer once or twice per wave and placing them where mobs won't easily get to.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2019 at 9:23 PM, Boldefruits said:

Well i really feels you but i think it comes from the low mana drop rate on survival. I didnt play huntress yet but had the same problem. Also needs to mention they put us greats gears for low lvl to test em out for beta. Trust me they will get everything well balanced in the real game

While a freer flow of mana would certainly help, it's just as much the fact that they require constant maintenance as it is the mana cost. I've invested a lot in defense health and still they run out too fast.