Sign in to follow this  
jacksknight

Why is the squires face made of metal? And why is he wearing crocs for armor?

The squire in DD1 looked great, this one not so much. His mouth is apparently made of out metal as is the rest of his face. I'm happy with his game play up to this point, but he looks horrific...

Please don't leave him looking like this... Give him armored shoes and a real helmet, the tin man from the wizard of oz look is out!

I agree that footwear legit looks like crocs lol....

I mean, the current squire look is more consistent with all the cartoon cutscenes and media from the original game. But all four of the heroes ended up looking different in their 3D models in DD1. For the cartoon art, the faces made more sense since they needed to be more expressive. But it isn't as important for the 3D models.

Have to agree, didn't really like any of the character models to start with, though they've kinda grown on me. Huntress looks great, Apprentice and Monk I could live with, but the Squire's face/helmet combo is just.. WHY!? And it keeps getting worse the more I see it.. 

I think they should just have him either with a Countess style helmet, or with the old tin bucket on his head and then just portray him in the cutscenes etc without his helmet on. It would be kinda nice to see his face for once. Surely there's a human head under there right? 

Edited by All Your Yeahs

20 minutes ago, All Your Yeahs said:

I think they should just have him either with a Countess style helmet, or with the old tin bucket on his head and then just portray him in the cutscenes etc without his helmet on. It would be kinda nice to see his face for once. Surely there's a human head under there right? 

Well we dont know if there is a human head under there lol. But to be serious I liked the older style where the squire is concerned. i feel the current design hides his heart boxers too much for my taste.

1 hour ago, dizzydiana said:

i feel the current design hides his heart boxers too much for my taste.

Agreed! Just some mild censorship I think.. lol. The same way they toned down the Huntress's 'features' 

I'm fine with the crocs, but the way his helmet is fused to his face is ridiculously disturbing. I really hope we see a graphical update to the heroes (where currently huntress is the only 'okay' one to me), the art of the heroes everywhere except maybe the hero deck (the only non-nightmare fuel facial expressions), and general updates to the enemies. The goblins and orcs in particular are yeesh. 

I would suspect that much of the content we see is place holder so that they can test core gaming mechanics. How ever the squire is not going to be, they have shown him way to much in this form already. It's sad but doubtful it will change.

8 hours ago, jacksknight said:

I would suspect that much of the content we see is place holder so that they can test core gaming mechanics. How ever the squire is not going to be, they have shown him way to much in this form already. It's sad but doubtful it will change.

Considering how hideous the apprentice is, god I hope not. It might actually force me off my main hero choice for the first time in the series. Squire, at least, you don't tend to notice how awful his face is from behind.