Sign in to follow this  
Alhanalem

"Skill" and "Boost"

Please change the "skill" and "boost" stats to "skill1" and skill2" or dynamically show the skill names for the current hero.

"Boost" sounds like its specifically talking about hero/tower boost.

• Like 1

All heroes except Monk have the basic format of Skill 1 being an attack and Skill 2 being a buff/boost. Monk has two buffs/boosts. The tooltips could use more info but I don't think it's bad. It's pretty intuitive actually... example from the apprentice below

unknown-1.png

11 hours ago, Alhanalem said:

or dynamically show the skill names for the current hero.

This could be interesting.

Actually, instead of calling them "Skill 1" and "Skill 2" I should be calling them "Active 1" and "Active 2" to alleviate some of the confusion. They could change "Boost" to "Utility" but Heal is utility and the stat doesn't influence it (from what I understand at least). They could also change "Skill" to "Attack" but what if they make a new character which has a defensive "Active 1" in the future? Current names are at the same time broad and specific, the more I think about it, the more I think it should stay

This thread has confused me quite a bit can someone explain?

I always thought the attribute "attack" was for left click attack, "skill" was for all the active skills and "boost" was unique for the monks tower boost. Can someone smarter than me (not hard to be) explain, have been building my DPS Apprentice, focused on attack and skill incorrectly? How does boost play into a DPS character? 

Rather than be clear in the HUD or UI what the secondary ability actually does (and only ever mention it in character creation) does lead to some confusion imo. Overcharge doesnt just "increase nearby defences" it also boosts you secondary attack (right click), and mana bomb cooldown (possibly increases mana bomb damage im not sure). As for nearby defences - how nearby? right next to? within the circle u get from control button view? It really isnt clear to me at least. It really needs to be clearly visible if the boost has an area of effect how big that area is and not left to guess work. It also needs to be clearly explained outwith character creation what the boost actually does.

In respect to @AJsEpicGames you can build it as you have if you like to rely on both regular attacks and Mana bomb equally how you play. Most would recommend focusing on one thing over the other 2, but unless you are min/maxing I dont see a huge need to do so. I like to not rely on only mana bomb and build as you have done as I want my damage to be able to kill mods relatively quickly wiithout needing a mana bomb, and use MB as CC if there is a large cluster of mobs present. It all goes down to your specific playstyle and how you use your abilities.

6 hours ago, AJsEpicGames said:

This thread has confused me quite a bit can someone explain?

I always thought the attribute "attack" was for left click attack, "skill" was for all the active skills and "boost" was unique for the monks tower boost. Can someone smarter than me (not hard to be) explain, have been building my DPS Apprentice, focused on attack and skill incorrectly? How does boost play into a DPS character? 

"Skill" is the first ability (on the 1 key). "Boost" is for the second ability (on the 2 key.)

"Boost" is NOT for tower boost or hero boost specifically, which is the whole point of this thread- that it is confusing and ambiguous. It would actually be a horrible idea if that were actually to be the case, because it means that it would be a throwaway stat for all other heroes.

• Like 2

Just now, Alhanalem said:

"Skill" is the first ability (on the 1 key). "Boost" is for the second ability (on the 2 key.)

This. 

It took a while but now i understand, thankyou. I think im going to move EVERYTHING onto boost for my second ability, that overcharge for apprentice is awesome. I think im going to experiment with the 2 abilities and since we can swap rune points around with no restriction (LOVE THIS) i can experiment easily :P

• Like 1