ArchaicLotus

Screenshots, Dryad power-build

Wave 5 floor 346. My Sky Guards are so powerful because I use the with Earth Toss Earthshatter towers. Bees and Nimbus help with fliers since everything gets targetted. Floor 346 got melted. More pictures to come. Video will be my final floor.

PS_Messages_20191125_152447.jpg

PS_Messages_20191125_152443.jpg

i got great earthshatter tower they can kill almost anything but they lag game real bad the mob counter doesn't move sometimes for  a minute / i believe it might be shatterquake mod because i took all mods that proc from weapon off still did same 

7 hours ago, ArchaicLotus said:

It is the shatterquake Earth Toss mod. It wrecks the functionality of a lot of maps, especially the Temple

i thought it was / if it worked right it would be a great mod 

I have to honestly say I was looking forward to seeing your build. It would have been nice to see someone else climbing without making use of the most broken stun mechanics, but it looks like I will remain the only one doing that for now. Cool to see a crit build working again though, even if it is riding on the back of stun mechanics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

*deleted by user* It feels awkward and unnecessary calling people "liars" in game or in life. Exglint, regardless, you don't deserve that. No one does. I was in the wrong.

Edited by ArchaicLotus

19 minutes ago, ArchaicLotus said:

ExGlint, you are a dishonest individual. You said that you got to floor 400 and stopped; you lied. You said hornets were the META in Mastery, you lied. You say you're the only one climbing without stun mechanics, and said you quit because you were bored, you lied again. You are not even on the leaderboards. When you get passed floor 150, stuns become necessary for some lanes. You are one of those who does not like when others do things in a much better fashion than you. Keep working on getting into the 200s in Onslaught. If you need help I'm sure you can find videos of the META your friends use.

Expo, you're relatively new and you knew Random? Are you going to make stuff up as well to break others down that outmatch you?

Expo/Exglint, what's the difference? Not even the I.P. address?

Palo, Expo, and Uzar liked your post up there. I see a pattern. Instigators messing with one of the most creative builders in DD2. You all are too easy.

So I have to know random to know that he has 0 AP resets? I've never once claimed to know random, but I don't doubt he would know me from the DD discord.

"..but I don't doubt he would know me from the DD discord." ExpoWasTaken

It is a complicated process for me to believe that I understand the nature of an individual, and then draw out of them a truth, expecting them to be honest. I wanted the populace to know that Discord (does not the name alone indicate strife) in regards to DD2 is a gossip channel, as well. When I hit floor 200 in Onslaught (PS4 pre-mod, pre-gulded shards, pre-retry/reroll, 3 maps per floor) I had friends who had Discord ("oh Lotus you said it was a gossip channel your friends suck..." they got it for DD2 when The Lost Temple was first released; the sharing of ideas) that would let me know when people talked smack. Exglint, in another post, called them spies. Exglint, your envy is blazingly apparent. Exglint, you insinuate that my builds ride off of the back of stun mechanics, why? This is an untrue statement. You'll notice on the map there are four green dots separated from the rest. Being that my builds are not AoE builds stuns help. I could switch out weapons manufacturers with boosted grasp, based off of particular lane scenarios.

Edited by ArchaicLotus

Also maybe I should let Exglint reply but you've said this all before so lets break down his "dishonesty" one by one

Claim: "You said that you got to floor 400 and stopped; you lied."

--- This is partially true, he did not stop at floor 400..... he started to push onwards, I believe he is on floor 420 but a bit of proof from a past stream *refer to picture*

Claim:  "You said hornets were the META in Mastery, you lied"

--- here is a link to Juicebags using the meta on just one of his many mastery stream. https://youtu.be/6ZYvg-LlRxM. As well as other players saying Dryad bees were a mastery meta *refer to images* 

Claim: "You say you're the only one climbing without stun mechanics, and said you quit because you were bored, you lied again."

--- Again lie only in the matter that he could not 100% prove he is the ONLY one, but he is for sure pushing without abusing the stun meta. Here lies a link to a prior stream showcasing his push https://www.twitch.tv/videos/510785289.

**never checked with the people I took screenshots of too see if they would be ok with it but... they said it so I guess

-Expo, Junior Defender

your wrong.png

image0.png.jpg

hii.jpg

h;.jpg

Edited by ExpoWasTaken

i don't know exglint but i watched him on twitch he has done 50 some resets and high onslaught somehow he's not on leaderboards / he doesn't use meta builds either im surprised how you and him both do so well using different defenses non meta / im just glad to see both of you highly skilled players are still playing / ive been doing diablo 3 season 19 last few days and already bored of it guess back to playing DD2 lol

Expo, Dungeon Defenders 2 Onslaught leaderboards, Exglint is not on them. He uses PC. The lowest PC goes is 398 so he has 2 floors leeway to show he does not. I do not know why he is not on the leaderboards. All this video indicates is that ExGlint is a handsome fellow (not being sarcastic).

Secondly, bees were not a META in Onslaught. You asked if it was and people said yes, so it was? A person replied that "...all defenses were tbh." Do you know what Mastery is, expo? You have to abide by rulesets. No traps sometimes, no auras, no blockades, all different defenses, etcetera. How in the world do you have a META in Mastery. I love the hornets more than most, and I barely used the bees due to the nature of the rulesets. Exglint stated that bees were a META in Mastery because he did not want to give credit to that old school ultimate challenge because he was not top ten. If you were racing to be top ten (started right when each phase of Mastery was released) you had no time to even consider what others were doing. Blade/Pumakeks, Toro, Savage and myself pondered and crushed due to communication and speed building. If anything, the closest tower to a META was the Obelisk ("you can only build one Lotus" people created multiple of the same heroes to use multiple obelisks, volcanoes, and colossus on multiple maps), but you wouldn't know Expo. You are way too new (nothing wrong with being new). Saying that bees were a META is a flat out lie. Too many different rulesets prevented a single tower, trap or node from being overused. Some rulesets prevented auras or towers from being used; thus, bees. How often could this be done? Maybe 6 out of 45. Is that a META? Not at all. You all try too hard to take away that which you have not attained.

Edited by ArchaicLotus

I was there during the Prove Your Mastery event and hell! I used a crap ton of bees and slimes! (Was totally aping the strat from SimonB) Even a friend of mine was using them and he doesn't watch the vids. That's how I got to the 64th place in the Mastery Leaderboards. Granted there are some rules that doesn't allow bees but for the majority of it, I used a lot of bees. 

As for Onslaught, I was abusing the heck out of Bees and Slimes all the way to floor 114 and 3 resets from Power of the Ancient up until Protean Shift (that's when the crit dmg and Def power got changed.) Some fellas that I was climbing with were also using bees and slimes back then.

And I'm just an average player. So to say that bees weren't meta would be sorely mistaken as bees was heavily integrated into the meta back then.  

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

Bees were a META in Onslaught, not in Mastery. I do not believe Marcos would have beaten floor 999 without them. Mastery is a different story. Again, I say again because the proof is in the rulesets, no tower or trap was given room to be abused. If you were racing for top ten you did not have precious few moments, I did not have precious few moments, to observe what others were doing in their videos. The two times I got stuck and looked at Simonb's videos, based off of Savage's recommendation, I fell out of the top ten race. I was a top ten player in Mastery when time permitted and bees were, for me, at best a terciary source for defense. Exglint was stating that bees were a META in Mastery to negate the severity of importance on being recognized as an amazing builder in DD2 because the old school Mastery is the hardest test of all time in DD2. No mods, no guilded shards same current rulesets. On a plethora of maps in Mastery bees were not even able to be used. In many circumstances, when they were able to be used, they were not due to them costing 50 DU (tree plus bees = 50).

All of these people clamoring for vindication...many one of your problems is the use of others' videos. When you do this you hinder your own creative process. You see something work and begin to believe that that is the only way. That's why streaming hurts strategy games because people try to master the builds they see as successful. It reduces the motivation to experiment when you try to perfect a cut-and-paste. In Mastery, bees were not the only way by any stretch of the imagination. You had to really understand the more effective ways of utilizing DU in order to avoid spending a base 50 DU. The tree is considered a blockade. In many maps on Mastery, blockades were not allowed; thus, no bees. In other cases traps were not allowed (hornets are classified as traps); thus, bees were not allowed. In other cases, when blockades and traps were allowed, only one of any defense could be used. Finally, when none of these restrictions applied, bees were not always the best option, and I may be the biggest proponent for bees of all time.

Bees were meta in the older onslaught that Niko got to floor 999 with.

Before they simultaneously broke bees and changed the difficulty scaling of onslaught.

Edited by Little Magic Hat

4 minutes ago, ArchaicLotus said:

All of these people clamoring for vindication...many one of your problems is the use of others' videos. When you do this you hinder your own creative process. You see something work and begin to believe that that is the only way. That's why streaming hurts strategy games because people try to master the builds they see as successful. It reduces the motivation to experiment when you try to perfect a cut-and-paste. In Mastery, bees were not the only way by any stretch of the imagination. You had to really understand the more effective ways of utilizing DU in order to avoid spending a base 50 DU. The tree is considered a blockade. In many maps on Mastery, blockades were not allowed; thus, no bees. In other cases traps were not allowed (hornets are classified as traps); thus, bees were not allowed. In other cases, when blockades and traps were allowed, only one of any defense could be used. Finally, when none of these restrictions applied, bees were not always the best option, and I may be the biggest proponent for bees of all time.

less clamoring for vindication, more so refuting your imputations

15 minutes ago, ArchaicLotus said:

I find it amusing that you deny the META. a META is what is widely used, and there seems to be a consensus that Bees were widely used in mastery, and therefore a META

Edited by ExpoWasTaken
wrongful quotation

Ex, you quoted a list of rulesets from Mastery rulesets that clearly indicate the inability to use a META. By default (no blockades, no traps, use of only one defense) you refutations have no substance.

Edited by ArchaicLotus

Great thing about this discussion is it is on the subject of META. I did not have to be around this period because META during a time period is decided by the player base and I am able to communicate with people that played during this period and experienced the META. Videos can show me the META, forums, etc

What was META does not get to be dictated by one person

Edited by ExpoWasTaken
mistake

A META is not dictated by a few either. Mastery rulesets, again, no blockades, no traps, only one defense used, prevented a hornet META...by default.

Edited by ArchaicLotus

Then by default, Woody, bees were definately not a META in Mastery as they were not allowed so much of the time based off of the rulesets. It is impossible to be the most effective tactic available when said tactic cannot be implemented.