Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ArchaicLotus

Two guilded shards changed power greatly

Recommended Posts

So I pulled an old tower out of dust because an individual on lower floors gave me an idea (I changed the tower they use and enhanced another). They were a very intelligent non-META builder. I guilded two shards from this tower and it changed the power greatly for the Dryad. Non-Dryad, non-META tower. 

This is what not using a META does; you experiment, change-up, and learn on a greater curve as opposed to enhancing a cut-and-paste that you did not conjure from your own mind. I would post the build but a certain few of you would just argue it as opposed to learning from experience; trial-and-error; the hard way.

Lotus - highest no AP reset/non-META build, no-carry floor reached on any platform, 345 (so far). I will list the builds when I stop climbing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Player, regardless of the controversy amidst these posts, your attitude is awesome. When you made a comment the other day about (paraphrasing) whatever is fun for people to do in the game, let them do it...you were right. I miss the days where people explored towers/shard combinations to overcome obstacles. Seeing this individual's non-META set up was a relief, especially seeing how effective it was. I keep learning and tinkering (volcano, blaze baloon) and seeing particular placements of these expensive towers outweighs the use of lesser towers in a lot of circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, playertt said:

Keep up the onslaught climb lotus / i would say not many climbing that high without ap reset if any 

Random Persson is around floor 940 with no AP reset. I know Lotus is going to disregard him because he uses META builds though

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

but its hard to ignore that Lotus is truly the best dungeon defenders player rn. He says he doesn't use meta and says he uses mainly dryad... its really quite impressive and his all the way on floor 375 (that's a really high number)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Random doesn't have resets then that's good. The only part of a META I would disregard with a no AP climb is the weapons manufacturer with water servo/shocking revelations combo. I cannot compete with that. The lowest the Ancient Power leaderboards go is 51 on PC (PC is easiest to climb Onslaught). I've offered Switchblade a chance to climb a few floors with me to see the different builds I use.

It's 345 not 375, but I do get the psychological phraseology you used.

Edited by ArchaicLotus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm against the META, not the people that use the META. Lack of diversity kills interest in every game. I'm trying to keep my interest going and am showing peopl other alternatives to help prevent boredom. Tomorrow I'm grouping with two others so they don't have to keep using the same build for every map. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2019 at 12:57 PM, ArchaicLotus said:

I'm against the META, not the people that use the META. Lack of diversity kills interest in every game. I'm trying to keep my interest going and am showing peopl other alternatives to help prevent boredom. Tomorrow I'm grouping with two others so they don't have to keep using the same build for every map. 

Just want to know what s the META builds?I m semiluo,I m at 416 floor,and searching for some good builds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually Mr. Juice played floor 487 with the original heroes the monk /huntress/apprentice/squire. With out the Drayad: and other op heroes. It’s on YouTube check it out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nuke Monk is an OP hero and PDT/ES is a known meta for mass petrify. The PDT/ES is the step before Reflect Beams meta for those who cant afford it or haven't gotten all the pieces yet. If anything his video just proves that mass petrifying enemies is broken and needs to be nerfed just like WM's SR/Water is getting balanced now.

Edited by Exglint
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody uses the Dryad on high level floors, Neo. She's too difficult for most to understand; chaotic targetting. The bees, nimbus, and slimes have let me down plenty. There is no geometric rhyme to anything about her save the diameter of the World Tree's healing/critical distance.

ExGlint you seem to have a problem with the aspect of petrification and the use of the Weapon's Manufacturer. Without AP reset, these are barely effective on the Temple anymore. Glitch city. Lanes are opening mid-round, that were not open before. Mobs are trailing way off of their path, down an the only area that is not defended. Projectiles are going through the reflect beam that guards my towers. Shoot, a Legendary Weapon's Manufacturer that sprays petrification juice and burns enemies sounds great. The process of glitch has gotten me very creative. On the water lane I put walls up in the headstrong flier lane. They use to suicide into it, now they fly right through it. I often build and play round one only to document all of the glitches, pathing, new mob spawns during playthrough.

You say weapn's manufacturer is getting fixed. Even if Trendmatic posted that and told you directly, don't get your hopes up for expedient service.

 

Edited by ArchaicLotus
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ArchaicLotus said:

ExGlint you seem to have a problem with the aspect of petrification and the use of the Weapon's Manufacturer

This is true, I also have a problem with other things like Tenacity and overcapping rate literally sucking all the challenge out of the game. The WM itself is fine though, its just the elemental combos that breaks it.

49 minutes ago, ArchaicLotus said:

You say weapon manufacturer is getting fixed. Even if Trendmatic posted that and told you directly, don't get your hopes up for expedient service.

Never got my hopes up to begin with, I hope they delete SR forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe their realization of all of these combined issues compelled them to abandon the DD2 project for a time. People have been able to take advantage of the water servo/shocking revelation combo and the petrification taunt that used to be a part of the game. They have used these tactics to get their name etched in the upper echelons of the leaderboards. People blasted their way up using tactics that are no longer available. There are aspects of the game that people love and hate.

I have a c8 10/10 shocking revelation and a guilded water elemental shard on my Weapon's manufacturer, and berserker orcs just bath in electricity (on the Lost Temple) while slashing away at my decoys and then off to the gems. They dodge uses of petrification and electrocution.

People were griping back in 2016-17 that berserker orcs had too many counters. This is what happens when small companies listen too intently to the audience.

Maps are broken, glitches, disconnects, imbalances, things left unfixed, disregarded, abandoned. 

Edited by ArchaicLotus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ArchaicLotus said:

Nobody uses the Dryad on high level floors, Neo. She's too difficult for most to understand; chaotic targetting. The bees, nimbus, and slimes have let me down plenty. There is no geometric rhyme to anything about her save the diameter of the World Tree's healing/critical distance.

ExGlint you seem to have a problem with the aspect of petrification and the use of the Weapon's Manufacturer. Without AP reset, these are barely effective on the Temple anymore. Glitch city. Lanes are opening mid-round, that were not open before. Mobs are trailing way off of their path, down an the only area that is not defended. Projectiles are going through the reflect beam that guards my towers. Shoot, a Legendary Weapon's Manufacturer that sprays petrification juice and burns enemies sounds great. The process of glitch has gotten me very creative. On the water lane I put walls up in the headstrong flier lane. They use to suicide into it, now they fly right through it. I often build and play round one only to document all of the glitches, pathing, new mob spawns during playthrough.

You say weapn's manufacturer is getting fixed. Even if Trendmatic posted that and told you directly, don't get your hopes up for expedient service.

Interesting how Xiao Jian has zero posts and is on floor 416....and then Neo responds. Any takers on who Xiao is? I have my guesses

English is not easy for me ,so I m not always on this forum.My steam id :semiluo_xu

Now,I have 18 ancient points.I reset many times when i reach 270 floors, so I have cap tower talent,which help me much.

My main build:

my boost :c8 5/5,the only one 5/5.

wfm: water + sr mod ,large range .about 1800.

reflection+proton to petrify,this ambo works most lane.Sometimes I build geyser trap,to max the dmg of reflection and let monster stay there.Of course , my boost is very powerful.

On some hard lane ,controll burn,forst lane , I build pdt +es + sgt+wfm,is this META build?sgt with poison , so reflection + sgt also works for flyers except emp .

I also have harps ,connon,to build physical lane , but just c 7 relic .

So far, I have some trouble on  headstrong EMP lane.I m still trying more towers , oil trap,buff beam,volcano,flame aura.etc.

I do onslaught ,5-10 floors every day.400+ floor is not hard for me now .Maybe i will reach 500+.

Thanks a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for being thorough. If you can get to 500+ then I'm not certain Juicebags builds are going to help you push further than 500. You would have to option the 600+ floor climbers and refer to their build. I do believe awespons manufactuer with water/shocking revelations is the foundation of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Headstrong; oil geyser, geyser (for greatly added damage) proton beam, slime pit, oily harpoon, boost aura with grasp. Extreme dps for the berserker orcs; flamethrower tower/flame aura with frost tower. Go for the burn effect to compile damage with slows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ArchaicLotus said:

Headstrong; oil geyser, geyser (for greatly added damage) proton beam, slime pit, oily harpoon, boost aura with grasp. Extreme dps for the berserker orcs; flamethrower tower/flame aura with frost tower. Go for the burn effect to compile damage with slows. 

right!Geyser trap is a surprise !  It will add 40% dmg for my reflection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such a genius move Xiao. You might have just altered the current META. Geyser damage bonus with its drench, on top of adding reflect beam damage. That is tempting...plus it would increase weapon man chance of stunning, not that you need it with a legacy weapon manufacturer (water servo/shocking revelations combo).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you !T_T

In fact ,reflection+proton+geyser + wfm,means huge dmg , slow,freeze,petrify,knock up, and stun.

Althought,my wfm have both water+ sr .lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...