Sign in to follow this  
fluffycalico

Group scaling is off

So I can farm in the beta solo well into the yellow drops with no problem...but put me on a 4 person team and we die much earlier even if I am doing the building.   If you want this to feel like a multiplayer  the most effective way to farm gear can't be to solo stuff.  Right now you are far far better off soloing stuff then being in a group.   The mob difference is far greater than the benefit of extra heros right now.

Edited by fluffycalico
typeo

I think this is mainly because we can't upgrade weapons, so as heroes we don't offer a whole lot compared to towers. 

But most people don't upgrade anything until they are done leveling.   So it still feels off.  I don't remember playing solo until everyone had upgraded alot of their gear

Umm to be fair sounds like you are trying to run before you walk. I can play 4 player Insane survival just fine with the correct gear. 

it’s about progression if you can’t hold 4 people maybe you should try hard and then get the gear to be able to do it ;) surely that’s the way to play not just jump in hardest difficulty. 

I am not sure if the OP has played just DD2 or perhaps both, so I cant tell what they are looking for. In DD2 you get boosts to loot, xp and gold for playing with others to try to actively encourage multiplayer or otherwise I doubt anyone would play anything other than solo for the most part. Mobs scaled up in HP and amounts in both DD1 and DD2 the main difference was how you earn xp./ In DD1 you would gain bonus XP for certain things like only attacking or only defending this doesnt appear to be present at the moment in DDA. With bonuses for certain actions for Xp or loot etc where you are in some form benefiting from playing with others it might become more appealing. Perhaps the OP would be kind enough to explain the system they would like in order to encourage multiplayer. Mobs have to be scaled to allow for potential of 4 heroes attacking compared to one, but it also has to feel rewarding to do so.

I would like to add, that we are playing on very small, one-crystal maps so far. The biggest advantage of multiple players later on is, that they can take care of multiple lanes. A solo player has to rely on his defenses, because he just cannnot be everywhere at the same time.

In addition, as already mentioned, not being able to upgrade weapons or DPS pets is currently limiting the effectiveness of DPS-chars.

17 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Umm to be fair sounds like you are trying to run before you walk. I can play 4 player Insane survival just fine with the correct gear. 

it’s about progression if you can’t hold 4 people maybe you should try hard and then get the gear to be able to do it ;) surely that’s the way to play not just jump in hardest difficulty. 

And explain to me why I would want to farm hard with 4 instead of farming insane solo?   I mean I have full yellow gear exactly what yellow gear drops in the the beta maps on hard?  Oh yeah none.   The fact is you can farm 5+ waves further solo than in a group.   

11 minutes ago, The Ich said:

I would like to add, that we are playing on very small, one-crystal maps so far. The biggest advantage of multiple players later on is, that they can take care of multiple lanes. A solo player has to rely on his defenses, because he just cannnot be everywhere at the same time.

In addition, as already mentioned, not being able to upgrade weapons or DPS pets is currently limiting the effectiveness of DPS-chars.

Ok I will give you that the right pets will make a huge difference.

I feel most people are farming just through wave 15 in Insane survival for the pets. That is easier managed with 1 person due to minion count, but as you push higher it is nice to have people on Monks spamming Tower Boost.

• Like 1

Mulitplayer matches will always have to scale for a possible increase in dps and ability to upgrade/repair defences. Saying that though it has to feel worthwhile as opposed to solo. In both DD1 and DD2 getting into a match in higher difficulties is nigh  impossible unless you use something like discord. What benefits will there be for me playing with others vs solo. You cannot force people to play with others, some people will always like to play alone. I am not sure where the right balance would be. Too dififcult or frustrating and nobody will do it make it too easy and it will upset solo players. What "reward" would work to suit both solo and multiplayer.