VillainousTaco

Lightning towers are completely bugged and unusable

Just to preface this, a proper bug report has already been submitted but I'm putting this here so it will hopefully have more visibility to the devs.

Lightning towers are not chaining properly and often not chaining at all. This seems to only be an issue in survival so it may be related to the amount of enemies on the map. When you first start the game the lightning towers work as they should but once you hit around wave 7~ish they just stop chaining completely and become useless.

908729034723.thumb.png.06ecbec3c7ab9f127e82fa38a05e5a7a.png

As you can see here the lightning tower is only hitting one enemy despite that there are many valid targets surrounding it.

Edited by VillainousTaco
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Racthoh said:

Does it start functioning normally when the wave is almost over?

I don't believe so no. It's a pretty strange bug, hard to narrow down what causes it. I sold my lightning tower that wasn't working and replaced it. The new one worked fine for a few shots and then broke like the last one.

This is how I felt about the lightning auras yesterday. Seems like they wont always even attack. Hope there is a fix before launch.

I noticed mine visually chaining to nothing the other day. Like they'd be targeting thin air even through enemies were in range, maybe that has something to do with it.

There probably is something in the code about the towers only being able to hit a certain number of targets and when the number exceeds the limit it just breaks not knowing what to do

1 hour ago, fluffycalico said:

My lightning tower was hitting about 40 mobs at a time.  I don't find it very useful but it was definitely working.

Was this in late survival? It's a sporadic bug and the towers will work fine at first but eventually just quit working.

14 minutes ago, VillainousTaco said:

Was this in late survival? It's a sporadic bug and the towers will work fine at first but eventually just quit working.

I think I got to about wave 20 alchemy with it

Can definitely say I've started to encounter this as well, only in the later waves of survival. 

What i have noticed with the lightning tower is that sometimes the lightning tower doesn't end firing in a spot after a mob has died, not sure if it's a case of not having anything to chain to or something else killing the target. But for me i have only needed to wait a few extra seconds when this happens and then it stops. This is only something i have noticed when the wave is done. With that, have u tried waiting a little before starting the next wave to see if it resets with that?

• Like 1

In regards to the lightning tower not functioning, I have noticed this bug with not just the lightning tower, but deadly strikes, ballista, and the flameburst, cannonball. All these towers have had issues. All this was fixed with simply selling and replacing the tower. So it is something to do with the towers in general. Have not noticed this issue with the auras at all.