Kiskunk

DD1/DD2 fan's thoughts on the game, and some UI problems

The game itself is AMAZING and I am already almost totally in love with it, definitely worth the money! But the UI ruins every good feeling towards DDA. Here are my problems with it:

- too ugly and simple (also gives fps lag, while the game runs very smooth)

- not clear what is what on the screen, I thought at first that the top bar is the crystal health, since it was depleting the same pace as how it got hit. I then realized the Crystal health is not visible on the UI, you actually have to look at it direcly.

- no indication that a player joined your session, cannot see their health/mana

- in the inventory view, I think it should be default to show the comparison of currently equipped gear instead of having to press a button every time (there are scenarios where pressing the button does not bring up the currently equipped gear when i already have something equipped in that slot)

- in the inventory view when an item is not better than the currently equipped one, a barely visible green down arrow indicates it. That definitely should be red and more visible.

- the name on the chest after a round should be visible from any distance, so players won't forget to open it

- the map is too translucent, and the towers all marked with just flat square red diamonds - i hope this will be fixed and proper graphics will be added to know what tower was put where (also the map transparency could be dynamic, so if a player does not move, it should be 100% visible, and if the player starts moving, it could be less visible)

Also there is a problem with the Apprentice imho. The right click ability and the special ability is almost the same. I miss the charged up big shot. Instead of that we now have two ground hitting staff move. It makes it feel like the Apprentice is handicapped to have only 1 ability, just he can use it a bit more often.

• Like 1

Would like to add that it bugs me to have to use the keyboard for some simple stuffs that could just be a simple LMB, not sure if its a its a bug,  like starting the map i want to play had to press a key and couldnt click with mouse on it

It seems like the UI is more or less a placeholder at this point, at least I hope that's the case. It's definitely one of the games weakest points right now and needs some polishing.

I belive that the effect from the right click ability as the apprenice is the same as the one from DD1. But in DD1 you could charge up your left mouse button instead. You couldn't use the rapid fire capability at launch of the game but they added it later on as a 2 mouse button press instead of the left mouse button as it's in DD2.