Sign in to follow this  
specialK

Console footage

When will we be able to see this game running on consoles or at least a small tease at it?

I can't say I am not concerned on how this game will run on consoles, and especially the Switch which I am thinking of having my code redeemed for that.

PC Master race and getting all the attention is all fun and all, but a lot of people backed for the consoles.

Any sugar for us please?

• Like 1

I think it will take some time until we see actual console content.
The reason for this is that patching on PC is much quicker and simply put: the game is developed on PC.

Haven't tried to use a controller yet in the beta but if controllers don't work yet it won't take long for sure.

1 minute ago, QcDiablo said:

the game is developed on PC.

That is exactly my point and concern.

Shouldn't we be getting some news on how the console versions are going? I do not want this to be a train wreck like the previous 2 games. Probably the new engine is easier to code on consoles but a little bitty itchy piece would make those concerns go away

• Like 1

To be honest and fair, I have no idea of how easy or not is, if you develop the pc version to make the consoles version out of it. It could be as easy as 123. And mind you playable at a decent frame rate and all

• Like 1

Most of the "in game " footage they have shown has been on the switch so there is at least some stuff for console. We have yet to see anything from PS4 or XB1 which i presume will be between pc and switch graphics quality wise. I agree though it would be nice to see more from the consoles.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

Consoles always come last. 😥

Well , pc and Switch exclusive release so i wouldn't say last or lack of attention :) 

1 hour ago, uzar said:

Well , pc and Switch exclusive release so i wouldn't say last or lack of attention :) 

Oh, let me clarify then - Xbox and PS always come last

90-95% of the code for the game remains the same across all platforms. That being said, adding support for additional consoles does take a lot of time. We've been heavily focused on the PC version for the Beta, and now that Beta is out we can turn our attention to getting PS/XBox builds running. But console won't look much different than PC.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, icarosousa said:

Any news about the beta on consoles?

Unfortunately we don't have any plans for a Beta on consoles. PS4 and XBox make distributing Beta's a lot more difficult than Steam does.

28 minutes ago, cg_kyled said:

Unfortunately we don't have any plans for a Beta on consoles. PS4 and XBox make distributing Beta's a lot more difficult than Steam does.

Thk you for the answer.