Sign in to follow this  
RebulTv

Character Models

First of all long time DD1 fan and so far I am loving the beta, but does anyone else think the character models look horrible. The squires mouth is gonna give me nightmares. The monk overall I mean isn't he suppose to look like a kid? 

89781e3860110fac5cba52e3923a3197.png

• Like 1

Happy that im not the only one.

i didnt really like the monk and the huntress models.

but since i started playing in ddII.(never played ddI), and love the models of all characters, was thinking i just wasent used to it.

Even some equip drops looks worst than dd2 models. And its a new game. But i think in the laucher we will have a really better looking game.

Yeah they're ugly to me too. Ever since they put up the banner at the top of this page with the 4 heroes' new look, felt bizarre that noone was talking about how ugly they were. Made a thread about it with pretty mixed responses. To me, the monk looks like a 42 year old named Greg, also sort got a Shel Silverstein character thing gonig on. The squire's helmet-face-mouth is disturbing, like he could eat a human whole. Huntress looks like a praying mantis, and the only thing I'm seeing with the app is that he's wide and in the beta he's got a really unnatural gait. His gaint bizarrely points forward, without any side to side natural human strut.

The designs themselves seem ok to me. The quality not so much.

They need heavy antialiasing. Makes things like teeth stand out wierdly and it's a bit low poly.