Hello all!

My name is WTLlama and to cut a long story short I have through a dumb mistake of my own doing ended up with a preorder for DDA for the Nintendo switch. Funny story is I don’t actually own a switch. So rather then refunding it I though well hey I have a extra code and a community here why not give it away? Anyways I’m rambling to make it sweet and simple I’m giving away the digital key when it’s available . If your interested just leave a comment on this post for what your most excited for or a good experience you had with the previous game , really anything along those lines and at the end of it all I’ll pick my favourite and that user can have the key when it’s available . Anyways best of luck to all . Can’t wait for full release!  

Edited by Wtllama
  • Like 2

Hey, I'll bite. I'd never say no to a free copy.

Anyway, if you want something about a DD experience, I'll mention that DD1 is what got me interested in Tower Defense as a genre. It never looked all that interesting to me, and the only one I had ever really played before DD1 was Plants vs. Zombies. DD1 got me interested in the strategy of tower defense as a whole. Instead of just placing stuff and waiting for enemies to walk into it, you had to think about where to place things for the largest coverage, or account for enemies like Spiders and Genies that would sneak up from behind and destroy or stun your defenses. Before I knew it, I'd ended up dropping hundreds of hours into the game, and I loved it. DD2 is a bit of a mixed bag, but I still enjoy it. But DDA is an attempt to give us the best of both worlds, and ive been excited since the first moment I learned of the kickstarter.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thorgonator said:

DD1 is what got me interested in Tower Defense as a genre. It never looked all that interesting to me, and the only one I had ever really played before DD1 was Plants vs. Zombies. DD1 got me interested in the strategy of tower defense as a whole. Instead of just placing stuff and waiting for enemies to walk into it, you had to think about where to place things for the largest coverage, or account for enemies like Spiders and Genies that would sneak up from behind and destroy or stun your defenses. Before I knew it, I'd ended up dropping hundreds of hours into the game, and I loved it.

I'll tell a story, but it'll be a long one.

DD is so nostalgic. I remember playing the trial version on the Xbox 360, where the only map was Forges and Foundries, and your level was capped at 10. After many failures, I felt amazing when I finally killed the ogre. After that, I must have beaten it like 6 more times trying out all the towers and characters, until my mom finally gave me the money to buy it. Once I got the game, I must have put thousands of hours in it, playing it almost every day after school for years. For a while I was into modding, giving myself and friends stupidly OP weapons I'd cheat in from Horizon (an Xbox 360 modding tool). Because it was the Xbox and modding wasn't as easy as opening a program, I felt like a genius when I did it. This lasted for a couple of months, then I got so bored of the mods that I started anew; I deleted all my characters, emptied my tavern, and refused to play with anybody using modded items. Sadly this included most of my friends, but hey, I made new like-minded ones, and some old ones did as I did.

After a while, I tired myself out. Two years of playing the same game tirelessly. I wish I could check the hours I put into an Xbox 360 game, but I don't believe it's possible. If I had to guess I was probably close to around 3 thousand hours though. The only games I've ever come close to that amount of hours in is Minecraft and Terraria. Then, when the Xbox One came out in 2013, I moved onto PC. A few years later, let's say around 2015, I got curious and looked up DD on the pc, and to my astonishment, the game I had put so many hours in on the 360 didn't even have close to the content on the PC. New characters, maps, loot, difficulties, secret rooms in the tavern, everything was amazing! My interest in the game was instantly reinvigorated and I threw several hundred hours into the PC version. Funnily enough, I find myself using nothing but the apprentice and monk, and I've never gotten past the final level of the original base game on the PC version so I haven't actually seen much of the new content aside from characters. I have a problem where every time I play it again I want to start fresh and I never finish lol. That's probably because of my lack of PC friends though, I get bored of games real fast when I have no-one to play with.

tl;dr: this game was my childhood

Playing dd1 was how I spent the morning of my wedding day nearly 8 years ago. I remember farming the ogre fist (with the right stats/upgrades you could make money off of upgrading it).  Yeah those were definitely simpler times in gaming.