brokenwoody4

Guilding Hypers

Broken, you are good at quoting but bad at paying attention. What floor are you on? The people 200+ are using the META. Frosty shard on the proton beam works against beserker orcs, I've seen it. 

I am against the META because it handi-caps a build-to-solve strategy. It bothers me to think that I am in league with a plethora of people whose aim is only to get certain towers strengthened because someone else did it first and it worked..cut-and-paste. A lot of these blokes are on floors 700+. If they can get an "A" then why not cheat....cut-and-paste. "It's not cheating Lotus." Perhaps that's why I demolish at games that I put time in to. I play to challenge myself. I use leaderboards to gauge my attempts. I could use the META but then I would be stuck where everyone else is. What is the point? If you see a point then that's immediately where we begin to differ. My overall mentality pays off for me across a broad spectrum of games. 

Read thoroughly...read, Broken; in the META there are 5 different builds each with 3 shards of their own and three mods. Pay attention; the combination of these mod/shards enables one to stop all rulesets long enough to be destroyed before they get past said defenses, and walls are not even used (I keep telling you this but you keep Groundhog-Daying it). Flame auras, lava fissures, lightning strikes aura, reflect beam do enough damage-petrify-stun-slow to kill all mobs. This works. I am against the META because it dumbs down the creativity of the game. If you cannot come up with your own solution in climbing then what is the point?

Many high level Onslaught climbers have posted videos of their 300 + ascent; all META. Many people re-roll until they get the rulesets they desire. Do you understand why over-clocking defense rate works on frosties? Research it. I say research it because I have mentioned over and over again that this build, which all high Onslaught climbers use, is effective against all rulesets. Again, a lot of people re-roll to until they get the rulesets they desire; few don't. But me....and yes, you drew it out of me (#1 Support Gunner CoD3 Treyarch, 5 x Tiger Woods world record holder, #1 world ranked Alienation 2017-2018 season, Magic the Gathering record 310 wins 18 losses, rank seven in the world). Dryad build. You don't listen.

Do your own work. Look it up (research. There are plenty of videos. Juicebags has all of the information you need to understand that this build is good enough to be a META; thus, it is). When you get powerful enough you'll be able to copy-and-paste a build that you did not come up with.

I'm on floor 344 with Dryad build. I've offered Switchblade opportunity to join so that he can see that I'm not using a META, to no avail....and I am bored.

Helldivers released a sick patch (much, much more fun at this point in time). I'll be back to DD2 whenever I choose to come back.

Put effort into learning why this META works. I have always striven to use other methods to conquer games in my own fashion.

Research instead of typing words.

I do not like the META because I really like DD2. You figure this out.

Edited by ArchaicLotus
  • Like 1

Sir Lotus,

I feel you do understand what I'm saying because I did make the point that there are modifiers and unit comps that can put a hurting on that META build, and you made the point that people re-roll.  This is actually my point.  If you did not understand that, my apologies.  My point is that there are modifiers and unit comps that give this META build trouble.  

1 hour ago, ArchaicLotus said:

Many high level Onslaught climbers have posted videos of their 300 + ascent; all META. Many people re-roll until they get the rulesets they desire. Do you understand why over-clocking defense rate works on frosties? Research it. I say research it because I have mentioned over and over again that this build, which all high Onslaught climbers use, is effective against all rulesets. Again, a lot of people re-roll to until they get the rulesets they desire; few don't. But me....and yes, you drew it out of me (#1 Support Gunner CoD3 Treyarch, 5 x Tiger Woods world record holder, #1 world ranked Alienation 2017-2018 season, Magic the Gathering record 310 wins 18 losses, rank seven in the world). Dryad build. You don't listen.

I do not use the META you speak of.  I have access to all of the things that you have mentioned, but optimize them for the mutators.  You can infer from this, that I am not re-rolling maps with mutators I do not like, because I can adjust the defenses for what I feel will work.  If you cannot infer this from my statement, I will state it clearly.  

I do not use the Meta you speak of as a cookie cutter build for every lane, but utilize all defenses necessary for the map that is put before me.

I understand overcapping fissures.  I do not do the Meta build you are referring to for frosty lanes, but do utilize the fissures in some combination depending on the enemy wave.  Do you see what I did there?  I stated what I do and how I think about it.

Why do you think I do not understand what you are saying?  Are you doing this to just support your narrative on the META builds?

No one cares if I was top 50 ladder on US East in Starcraft (this is more impressive than any of your crap up there btw).  No one cares if I was a 50 in Team Slayer on Halo 3.  No one cares if I was the best techer in Phantasy Star Universe.  No one cares if I was on the leaderboards in Guitar Hero or Rock Band.  

My pattern is posting stats when posts become outlandish. Touche' on adaptation and lack of META. You had so many questions that seemed repetitive; thus, the comments on research. Anything that is mentioned in regards to META builds has videos on it, so I did not understand your continuous line of reasoning when others' research has been laid bare for you to explore.

To some getting 1st ranked in NBA 2k, or Madden is better than anything (I've not played either). To others it is pointless. When one applies effort and is able to hold 1st in international leaderboards, well, leaderboards motivate some and first is the top prize. I care not if nobody cares. I play to compete. What I have applied myself to, I have achieved a self-made goal; to get 1st; not top 10, not top 50.

The way i look at it is play it the way you enjoy it if its leaderboards or using meta or not whatever makes you happy 

• Like 2

My point was i'm not a slouch at gaming.  For reference top 50 now in Starcraft would still be an achievement, as the game and it's strategy is evolving 22 years later and still maintains 8 korean tournaments a year.

Back to the topic of the thread.

For anyone trying to beat the game, or beat floor 999, it would be advantageous to have guilded hyper shards, or just unlimited hypers.  This in itself isn't going to propel anyone to floor 999, and I don't even know if it is possible to put out enough dps to get there.  This is why I would like the option to be available, as anyone that has aspirations to climb that high and possibly beat DDII in this way, needs every amount of dps they can get.

On 11/13/2019 at 9:39 PM, ArchaicLotus said:

You'll be all right, NeoNeo....you'll be just fine. And remember! You quoted a post of mine that I made almost two years ago about people griping when others in the world are suffering. Don't be a hypocrite! ("oh but Lotus you're griping about META users!" no, just sad about all of the artists leaving. Toro was the 1st to use the reflect beam as a damage component, by the way.)...and raise your hand before you speak to the only non-META builder in the game....getting done with the most difficult builder in the game on a console what most cannot even do with META. It's amazing. Ya gotta stick to discord, or bore yourself to death with AP resets like so many other amazing builders who've left DD2.

Lotus

Serious what have been smoking all the time your topic is way off all the time give it a rest dude it’s bad for the brain. You do still remember where it is don’t you?

On 11/19/2019 at 7:56 PM, brokenwoody4 said:

For anyone trying to beat the game, or beat floor 999, it would be advantageous to have guilded hyper shards, or just unlimited hypers.  This in itself isn't going to propel anyone to floor 999, and I don't even know if it is possible to put out enough dps to get there.  This is why I would like the option to be available, as anyone that has aspirations to climb that high and possibly beat DDII in this way, needs every amount of dps they can get.

You still wouldn't be able to produce enough DPS given current defence unit caps. The only benefit for gilded hypershards would be 1) easier resets and 2) less challenge up to the arbitrary 2bn hp enemies.

That said, I'm not sure why Chromatic are bothering to patch this bug. It would take 11 resets just to gild each hypershard once. Considering there's only 4-5 defences that you utilise at high floors Onslaught, that's 44-55 resets plus the time and resources needed to actually get up to 900+ and still not get past the hp wall ... by then I believe a large chunk of the player base will be on with DD:A (I know I will be after what I've played so far in the beta).

Edited by Little Magic Hat

It seems as if the only hypershard that can be attained more than once (via the AP reset method) is Destructive Pylon. An individual posted that they tried to get the second listed hypershard using the same AP reset method and they were not able to get it: apparently it is a bug (the ability to gain more than two Destructives). The ability to guild all hypershards would be an apt reward for those that have sweat the AP reset grind. (DD1, DD2, DDA, all the same story. Towers, build, grind, quit the game). Hopefully you all will get attentive end-game material with DDA.

Edited by ArchaicLotus

9 hours ago, ArchaicLotus said:

It was rested. This forum was quiet for three days and then you resurrected, well, attention. Stop flirting with me.

i was beginning to think this part of the forum was dead lol