Switchblade

All for 1 and 1 for all

Would it be too much to ask to allow the requirement for one character to be used for all defences for that defender. 

An annoying part of both DD2 and DD1 is the creation of 1 specific use characters. So you would have a flame aura monk, an electric aura monk, a boost aura monk. (I know you cold get 10000 ascension DD2 and almost be able to do that). 

a cross between DD2, where you have the 4 relics slots but you are also allowed to put an equal amount of points into all types of relevant defences.  

currently is kinda pointless creating another character to instantly level it up. 

• Like 3

It became really bad in dd2. You would really need up to 5 of the same character unless you had insanely high accension.

In dd1 theoretically you could have perfect gear for both towers and dps but really that never happened so youd still end up with 2 characters. I think the best thing would be do it like dd1 but link them.

Tower damage = hero power. 

Tower speed = hero move speed.

Ect.

15 minutes ago, vosh said:

Tower damage = hero power. 

Tower speed = hero move speed.

Ect.

I don't think it would be pretty balanced to have a builder + dps hero, if  a defense were to be destroyed you would be able to replace it while holding off the mobs (+4 players make it even more viable to rebuild a whole lane midbattle?)

I agree it would reduce the grind for gear though, 1 piece of equipment being good for both dps and towers).

But tower stats being applied for all defenses like in dd1 instead of single defense like dd2 sounds nice.

58 minutes ago, Mea Culpa said:

But tower stats being applied for all defenses like in dd1 instead of single defense like dd2 sounds nice.

From what i recall from a stream a while back stats on loot will be similar to DD1. I preferred one builder for all of the heroes towers not the silly one hero per defence in DD2. With the example loot ithey showed one stream did make me wonder if they have also applied this philosophy for DPS heroes as it didnt indicate AB1/AB2 but just Skill which assume would be ability of hero. I really hope I have understood this correctly, but there was also another mysterious stat called Boost on the side with tower stats hmmm. All we can do is wait until we get to see the Beta whenever they finally decide to give out those codes.

I could get behind that. Hero clutter isn't a good thing, especially when you consider that we won't be able to switch during combat phases now. So having fewer heroes to cover more roles would be ideal.

• Like 2

other good point is that some abilities won't be left behind because of the combo [it's bad + i don't have ability power/ the shards for it], same can be said for hero damage dpsing => you will use the full kit of your active hero

I enjoy how DD1 did it with having DPS heroes and Tower heroes, it worked very well.

I didn't like DD2 so I didn't play it much but having a 1 hero dedicated to 1 ability of that hero sounds disgusting and just reinforces my hatred of DD2.

• Like 1

Honestly the 1 hero per ability was worst in DD1 . DPS monk, General builder monk, tower boost monk , hero boost monk for that 1 afk character (extra controller). 

Wouldn't have been so bad with the ability to instantly create and use a character like DD2. Had to level each to lv 100. 

Also isn't so bad as you guys seem to say. Except for players trying to tackle higher onslaught you can usually get away with only 4 characters in your deck.
Hell when I play c7 I use 2 characters maximum. (And even for floor 945 I usually only use 5 builders meaning 1 switch only for air lanes). 

Especially with hero deck , you effectively always have what you need to build in your deck with you, without even having to switch (by going in the menu or forge). 

• Like 2

Totally agreed there! As much as I like having multiple of the same hero just to use the costume, I'm getting quite tired of that again. Would definitely be fun to one hero for all of their powers. Hopefully some aspects DD2's hybrid system makes it there and maybe without the need of like 12k asecension level to maximize that.

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

I like DD1s system with a clear seperation of tower and dps chars as well as the damage bonus for active builders, which made a hybrid or no-dps approach worthwhile.

On the other side having multiple builders of the same character just to optimize each defense is a bit too much. The good thing about DD1 is, that all the defenses of one character were quite similar in regards to their stats requirements (excluding a dedicated wall-char). That is also a reason against a poison dart tower for the huntress, because it does not fit well with the traps (which are a bit less focused on purely tower damage / tower rate of fire but also require a lot of range and a bit of HP to not run out of charges constantly).

Edited by The Ich
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The Ich said:

I like DD1s system with a clear seperation of tower and dps chars as well as the damage bonus for active builders, which made a hybrid or no-dps approach worthwhile.

On the other side having multiple builders of the same character just to optimize each defense is a bit too much. The good thing about DD1 is, that all the defenses of one character were quite similar in regards to their stats requirements (excluding a dedicated wall-char). That is also a reason against a poison dart tower for the huntress, because it does not fit well with the traps (which are a bit less focused on purely tower damage / tower rate of fire but also require a lot of range and a bit of HP to not run out of charges constantly).

You said it better than I ever could.