super_slayan

what’s new since..

they announced the game would be switch timed exclusive and since i cancelled my kickstarter?

Been gone since that news so i’m out of the loop

Edited by super_slayan
  • Like 1

Hey there, welcome back!

News for DDA - There are two new updates showing the defenses of the apprentice, squire and huntress. They also showed two new maps. And an early version of the UI is also shown.

And the beta is coming this month too for PC. I'm not sure exactly when could be next week or the following weeks.

Here's the link to the updates - 

News for DD2 (if you're interested) - There's a new difficulty for Incursions - Prime Incursions. Basically a harder version of Incursion with pretty cool looking weapons, C8 amps and a second set of Hyper Shards as rewards. They stretch the content by releasing one incursion per week for the players to have something to do while they wait for DDA beta.

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, PC and Switch get the game on release day and the rest of console owners will have to wait a "yet undisclosed window of time" as an exclusive period as part of the deal with Nintendo. 

As a PS4 player, I'm not happy about that. At all. We always get the short shaft. That was not the Kickstarter deal i backed, and had i known this would occur, i would have pledged a whole less digit of support. Just encouraging me to NOT play the game. If i can't play DDA, I'll go find a game that does want my business. Not the only RPG looter in town. Question is - whenever the exclusive window is finally over...will i still care? Being shut out makes me jaded. Big time. If that was not obvious yet 😆

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

Yeah, PC and Switch get the game on release day and the rest of console owners will have to wait a "yet undisclosed window of time" as an exclusive period as part of the deal with Nintendo. 

As a PS4 player, I'm not happy about that. At all. We always get the short shaft. That was not the Kickstarter deal i backed, and had i known this would occur, i would have pledged a whole less digit of support. Just encouraging me to NOT play the game. If i can't play DDA, I'll go find a game that does want my business. Not the only RPG looter in town. Question is - whenever the exclusive window is finally over...will i still care? Being shut out makes me jaded. Big time. If that was not obvious yet 😆

That’s the reason i has cancelled my copies since xbox would have to wait. Just kinda felt betrayed and made me stay away for a few months. 

Looks like not much has changed in terms of release date or timed-exclusivity window info.

• Like 1

Correct. CG has been extremely quiet. They have no community manager right now, and the forum is feeling the affects of that. Tempers are flaring about the lack of communication and updates. They say they are working with a PR firm to try to correct... Kyle at CG has been the only one posting any info to the community. 

So the release date is not locked in yet, nor is the Beta date yet (although a lil birdy hinted that this Fri some info on that may be coming), and the exclusive window has not been defined yet either. Hence the reason tempers are on the rise IMO...

• Like 2

No real news yet. Some pictures that imo look pretty poor overall (apprentice towers look 2d for some reason)  we should have news later this week or early next week.

Honestly I wouldnt be surprised if we got news that the release was gonna be pushed back to april before we got a beta release

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

Yeah... I have a Switch as well as a Ps4, and was happy about the cross save thing, but I was looking forward to playing with both my Switch friends AND my ps4 friends using the same save file. So to know we won't have that for who knows how long is a little frustrating, especially after how the kickstarter  ade a big deal about all the games releasing at the same time when we met the associated goals. I've had time to accept it for what it is, but I'm definitely still not pleased.

• Like 3