Sign in to follow this  
Afran

Graphics rendering issue

Yo, back to playing some DD1 til DDA beta starts.

This wasn't a problem whenever I played in the past, what would be causing this or how do I fix it? :) Not sure if a CDT patch has changed something in this regard.

I've attached some example screenshots of what is happening. Some textures never fully load, such as the rocks in Mistymire, or the texture of Orcs & Ogres. ForeverBlurry :(

System wise my computer runs on windows 10, 1080 gtx gpu, i5 4670k 4.0ghz, 16gb dd3r, game is installed on an SSD. I have settings on "High."

1.png

2.png

3.png

Edited by Afran

This has always happened and is an issue within the graphics system itself. If the game detects significant load on the processing (and it will, since its not very well coded) it will halve the texture quality of several loaded assets to reduce load.

Hmm, certainly hasn't always happened (though maybe under stress as you mention), I've never seen it before though and I've played a ton in the past. Looking at my past videos (both public and private ones) I'm even recording with many mobs on screen and they are rendering properly, yet here I'm just joining my tavern or sitting in an empty map and this is happening, so something must have changed

Fixed for me now, thanks to "I honestly don't care" (actual alias btw) in the DDRNG discord, he/she basically sent me a UDKEngine.ini that he/she had edited to allow for vram to pre-render I believe, also instructed me that I use "-MAXQUALITYMODE" in the Steam launcher settings (I'm not sure what this does)

Perhaps message him/her if you want this workaround too. Game looks like I'm used to now! :)

Edited by Afran
  • Thanks 1

Heya. I just barely reinstalled after several years to play on a new pc but I'm having the exact same issue with fine details not rendering.  Kinda driving me nuts.

Can I get an invite to that Discord? Or maybe a copy of that ini?

I decided to reinstall the game today and am suffering the same issue. Is there any way to post what exactly needs to be changed in the ini without having to join a discord to download the ini off of it?

19 hours ago, Verrilo said:

I decided to reinstall the game today and am suffering the same issue. Is there any way to post what exactly needs to be changed in the ini without having to join a discord to download the ini off of it?

Try this?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/65800/discussions/0/2803982773099104524/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Plane said:

That worked amazing! I set it to the settings they reccomented but it crashed my game. I turned the number down to around 5k and no crashes, no lag, beautiful looking game! :)

THANK YOU!

Now to teach my 8 year old how to play :D