ArchaicLotus

Original Architects

Wow. I dove into ten different random Onslaught builds over the last two days and every single player had the same build; ever-ee-1. That is insane. Whatever happened to the, "I got this" attitude instead of, "I can copy this" attitude. Did we truly lose all of the Antonio Gaudis? It's like a contageous plague and I'm the only one with an immunity? Really?

I knew the META was bad, but I did not realize it was this bad. Do you all on the leaderboards using the META really feel like you did something? 

To those that I help climb, your attitudes are unbelievably kind. I don't ever want to see your builds if it's the META, but I'll help get you unstuck.

Lotus-floor317-no carries at all-no AP resets-70%+Dryad build-still melting when time allows.

Peace

Edited by ArchaicLotus

Problem i have  using hornets was sometimes there would be a enemy slip by and destroy the crystal / what i like about the hornets and nimbus is they attack air and ground enemies and boss killers  

Extreme boss killers. If you have an issue with enemies slipping by, place the bees behind all defenses and keep the lane you're having an issue with as the focus (place bees back and have Dryad face the problematic lane before placing bees). Place slimes behind defenses so they will target whatever gets close. Nimbuses I use every 6th Temple wave and on 60% of the maps. Certain maps they roam too freely to be 60 D.U. justified while doing no damage (travel time).

Edited by ArchaicLotus

It might be best if you could show us one of your ‘unique builds’ that you use to conquer floor 300 and above 👍

Although the game is fun onslaught’s aim is to get as high as possible in the easiest manner.  The Meta changes all the time :) I am from pre-alpha days and remember when Traps, Frost Towers and Boost auras we’re the Meta :)

Edited by Switchblade

Switch what platform are you on? I'd be happy to let you join. I'll hit four floors then find other Onslaughters and build a couple for them then log out.

I miss diversity....a lot. 100% of about 15 different builders I've joined are using the META. I feel like people gave up on creating their own design. It used to be a lot different. 

I do not, at all, like cut-and-paste...at all. It feels good to be the only Dryad climbing Onslaught on any platform.

If I were to show my builds and the damage they do then it would be mocked. But I will build a few maps for you to show you something totally different than the current META. PS4.

Lotus

Awesome Switch. I'll be on around 3:00 p.m. Western time tomorrow. If that's too late your time I won't be able to do any earlier until Monday. Is that around 11:00 p.m. your time? Let me know. We can do Onslaught or Expedition. No me importa. Floor level does not matter. Need to be on West Coast server. My builds my map choice unless you have a preference....and then I'm off to Onslaught. Have to cram climbs in. Busy weekend.

Peace

i use the meta with tweaks on onslaught ap resets because its faster and almost fully afk but running expeditions i hate using reflect beams and legendary wm 

Player, if you enjoy it. I don't understand what gain one gets out of cut-and-paste, but if you enjoy it (no sarcasm). If you're on PS4 join us if you want. I liked the Dryad because her stuff is "alive" and I felt that, being you had to fight in corrupt there was hidden power to be had. I tapped into it. She's a tough learn, especially with fliers, until you really understand the chaos of her builds. The only direct targetting system is the harpy. Switch is going to flip a switch when he sees the damage...on everything. When I reach my highest floor I'll stream. And then there's Modern Warfare..

Honestly who really cares what you think. You're joining THEIR game. If you dont like what they're doing then leave, it doesn't need a bitchy forum post.

3 hours ago, ArchaicLotus said:

When I reach my highest floor I'll stream. And then there's Modern Warfare..

I don't know man, you said you are going to stream in 2018, then you disappeared which then you returned here without any streams either. And now you say when you reached your highest floor (whatever that even means), you'll stream. What's the point of streaming at that point then? How about streaming your journey of you getting "there" with the "non-meta"?

Or were you planning to avoid streaming DD2 again all along with the release of CoD Modern Warfare?

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

First of all, Palo, life happens. I lost two close friends in the last couple of years and had evaluated my own path in life (choices, motivations, etc.). In 2018 I was making an extra room and setting aside the finances for an amazing streaming experience.

Right now I'm in the midst of selling a house so streaming my journey is not worth my time. Besides, I'm gojng to do it how I want it, not how someone else wants it. If I were settled, then perhaps I would be closer, or even in, a position to stream DD2. Modern Warfare looks sick, but I've not yet purchased that due to time constraints.

Don't come at me with what you want out of me. Switch is casual on the boards, not mouthy, not instigatory, on PS4, so I'll share my time with him being that it's easy for me to do. I don't post my builds/shard/mod combos because it would just be replicated and that type of behavior kills a game and the beauty of it. I don't want to be a part of that. I get many messages where people get so agitated with me because I don't take the time to send screenshots of everything they request.

When I posted earlier about leaderboards and records not adding to the quality of life, I meant it. Through time I have been very selective at what online multiplayer games I've committed to and have greatly excelled in those particular choices; to what avail..

I will stream my highest floor (what this means is my stopping point in Onslaught as the health of the enemies outweighs the effective damage to distance ratio) when I reach it. I am definately not one to be either controlled or influenced in a particular direction.

Dadogy, I was sincerely wondering what happened to the creativity. I help those and then build on "next floor" options to show people, who may be getting bored of the META, a different path; and about 40 percent if the time I do leave. If you don't care about what one thinks, don't reply ti their posts, indicative of care.

Lotus

Edited by ArchaicLotus
Replying to a previous poster

6 hours ago, ArchaicLotus said:

Player, if you enjoy it. I don't understand what gain one gets out of cut-and-paste, but if you enjoy it (no sarcasm). If you're on PS4 join us if you want. I liked the Dryad because her stuff is "alive" and I felt that, being you had to fight in corrupt there was hidden power to be had. I tapped into it. She's a tough learn, especially with fliers, until you really understand the chaos of her builds. The only direct targetting system is the harpy. Switch is going to flip a switch when he sees the damage...on everything. When I reach my highest floor I'll stream. And then there's Modern Warfare..

no i don't enjoy using reflect beams but the gain is you afk  and is alot quicker for onslaught ap reset which gets boring after 40 to 60 resets / i need 3 more resets then im done with ap resets then its back to using what i like to build with  which is a mix of alot of different defenses especially like using nimbus but the du cost is little high because you can have 6 hornets in corrupt form compared to 1 nimbus for same amount of du 

I totally understand where you are coming from. With Nimbus's you have to press the into a corner of the lane(s) you want them to cover. If you don't they will, as you probably know, fly to a different continent wasting time they could be damaging mobs with. With every 50 D.U.+ tower I have to have justification. Seriously, awesome you only have 3 resets left. I bet you cannot wait to get back to DD2, so to speak. If you want to run a couple of floors with Switch and I, or some other time, let me know. PS4.

Lotus

NeoNeo, you replied to a post saying something to the effect of (paraphrasing)...why are we coming here to gripe when there are people across the world suffering much worse... I believe you are right.

Switchblade, send me a message when you're on.

Lotus

Edited by ArchaicLotus
Apologies do not need to linger