NSPlayer

Missing prime incursion Mass Destruction?

1 minute ago, Neoneo said:

Hi just wanted to make sure, before I do it, So if I reset and redo the prime map I could end up with possibly guilded shard? 
Did you try each prime if you get  mass distruction? Or viscous? 

Gosh ty for sharing this discovery and time to get nerdy and play dd2 until burned out, Ty for sharing my friend. This just proves my theory of what if thier is a way of guilding hyper shard.I know those other nerdy veteran like archaic are going after it even he said he won’t . I know he will because his just a veteran nerd.

Neo, you're probably some incredibly beautiful asian woman that I would utterly smash my heels over if I had offended you in real life. Competitive, I'll give, which is hot. However! If the ruse pans out where you have to AP reset in order to guild hypershards, which, so far, it seems it is, then I'll just keep climbing Onslaught. I am notAP resetting, regardless. That would negate me having the highest non-AP, no carry, no META build floor reached by any one on any platform. I see you trying to douse my amazing! Until we flirt again.

Lotus

1 hour ago, Exglint said:

“A lot of the answers will come down to what it is that is wrong and how much attention it will get form the playerbase. ..With that process would you want them to take time out of finding and fixing it to update the report at every step so that we know what they are doing? Tbf, that goes above and beyond most, if not all, of the big companies like EA and Capcom so I don't know why people expect a company as small as CG to do something special.”

Then why have a bug reporting site and tell people to use it if the only way something gets fixed if enough people complain about it... you managed to side step my points about them not communicating and whether or not these issues could be resolved better with more money or if they will be resolved at all... are you a chromatic spokesperson? Do you know why they say they use the bug reporting site even though nobody has been active on it for months? I don’t want an update every step I just wanna know a step has been taken and they will follow through...

53 minutes ago, Neoneo said:

Hi just wanted to make sure, before I do it, So if I reset and redo the prime map I could end up with possibly guilded shard? 

Gosh ty for sharing this discovery and time to get nerdy and play dd2 until burned out, Ty for sharing my friend. This just proves my theory of what if thier is a way of guilding hyper shard.I know those other nerdy veteran like archaic are going after it even he said he won’t . I know he will because his just a veteran nerd.

I'm pretty sure whatever extra hyper shards you get after reseting when you've already complete Prime Incursions isn't intended and will be a bug as the patch notes specifically said with Prime Incursions, you'll get your second set and everyone know that your first set is from Mastery. 

Also why the heck would CG want to make Prime Incursions repeatable when Mastery isn't. And I'm also pretty sure this is way easier than Mastery too.

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

Spokesperson no lol, I have been in the field and I can figure that their process is similar to what I was taught in college. As far as having the site, it's there for us to inform them of things we have found and how we found it so they can look into it. More communication about it would be awesome I agree, but I don't think it would change much in some or most cases. We would probably go from no communication to "Okay we are looking into this" and never hearing back about it because something else came up, it took so much time that the report is buried and finding it to update would be too much of a chore or the many other possibilities that could leave us with that as the last statement.

As far as throwing more money or people at it, I'm sure that having more QA and Programmers would solve these issues faster and cleaner (and get us much better communication). If only Dungeon Defenders could be as popular as some of the other games and they could bring in the kind of money to pay to have more of those people. They are also pushing DDA atm which is increasing the workload quite a bit and I know not everyone agrees with this game but it is a reality that we have to live with right now.

I fully understand wanting to be heard and getting acknowledged that your voice was heard, as I have similar things I have brought to attention that need fixing and have yet to see any movement towards getting the change over a long period of time. I just take some time to think, "Well it could be worse, they could be EA and intentionally give us the finger knowing we can't do anything about it" :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neoneo said:

i reset and did prime 1 3 maps again and got a 4th destructive pylon... i will have to wait until my next reset to see if i can get another. 

i tried for another automation on prime 5 and after beating all 3 maps... nothing lol

24 minutes ago, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

I'm pretty sure whatever extra hyper shards you get after reseting when you've already complete Prime Incursions isn't intended and will be a bug as the patch notes specifically said with Prime Incursions, you'll get your second set and everyone know that your first set is from Mastery. 

Also why the heck would CG want to make Prime Incursions repeatable when Mastery isn't. And I'm also pretty sure this is way easier than Mastery too.

You may be right. But im pretty sure they have moved on from dd2 for the most part and are focused on dda. either way i have played the shit out of this game and have no complaints. 

i think they should leave this feature/bug as is...

42 minutes ago, Exglint said:

Spokesperson no lol, I have been in the field and I can figure that their process is similar to what I was taught in college. As far as having the site, it's there for us to inform them of things we have found and how we found it so they can look into it. More communication about it would be awesome I agree, but I don't think it would change much in some or most cases. We would probably go from no communication to "Okay we are looking into this" and never hearing back about it because something else came up..... it took so much time that the report is buried and finding it to update would be too much of a chore or the many other possibilities that could leave us with that as the last statement... I just take some time to think, "Well it could be worse, they could be EA and intentionally give us the finger knowing we can't do anything about it" :P

If you are not a spokesperson why are you half ass assuming speaking on their behalf based on your experience? At least it’s not as shitty as other companies is irrelevant to me I dont give a damn about EA or any other thing besides the fact they “try” to communicate, I want to hear from Chromatic not you lol as to why the bug reporting site is inactive, will they fix things and can anything (money or not) be done to improve things and communications... please for the love of god don’t respond/ defend them I want a dev answer please.

Welp then my advice is to go find another game, because I do know they don't take the time to respond to negativity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

I agree prime is easier cause thier is no rules compare to mastery but I just can’t be blame going after for more power, just wanted to do other things onslaught gets boring sometimes I’m only on my 28th AP and halfway burned out but these news of getting more hyper shard is good, I know veterans are going to do it even for meta player maybe. But the temptation of getting more hypers are too good to pass by otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Rhydler said:

i reset and did prime 1 3 maps again and got a 4th destructive pylon... i will have to wait until my next reset to see if i can get another. 

i tried for another automation on prime 5 and after beating all 3 maps... nothing lol

Viscous is good enough I’m going to do it I’ll try the others and let you know this is going to be long trip since AP is envolve in order to get but at least it’s give me something to look forward since the rewards on onslaught is not that significant 

3 hours ago, Rhydler said:

You may be right. But im pretty sure they have moved on from dd2 for the most part and are focused on dda. either way i have played the shit out of this game and have no complaints. 

i think they should leave this feature/bug as is...

I believe CG will still support DD2, I'm thinking that the slower cadence is chalking up to the whole beta thing and upcoming release date. CG Kyled did mentioned (and deleted probably due to not wanting to be cornered which I can understand now) that Prime Incursion isn't endgame and they will still be developing DD2 but DDA take priority for now. 

1 hour ago, Neoneo said:

I agree prime is easier cause thier is no rules compare to mastery but I just can’t be blame going after for more power, just wanted to do other things onslaught gets boring sometimes I’m only on my 28th AP and halfway burned out but these news of getting more hyper shard is good, I know veterans are going to do it even for meta player maybe. But the temptation of getting more hypers are too good to pass by otherwise. 

I mean, I'm not stopping you, by all means go ahead if you can. I'm just saying you're treading grounds CG may not want you to step on.

Which means I'm just letting you know that it's not intended so you know what's going on if or when CG ever fixes it and suddenly you no longer have those extra hyper shards. 

• Like 1

Palo, when you say fix, are you referring to a CG fix like the water servo/shocking rev?

And maybe Kyle deleted his post because the D.O. looked over his shoulder and said, "nah. We're going to let this one go." I don't want them to because it's the onlt tower-defense game I'll mess with, but there are too many issues built up with DD2's platform.

6 hours ago, Neoneo said:

Woot  check them hypers confirmed

95227E8A-76A3-4132-9DCF-699FA2C02724.jpeg

2 hours ago, ArchaicLotus said:

Palo, when you say fix, are you referring to a CG fix like the water servo/shocking rev?

While making water servo and shock-rev no longer able to be put together into a relic is something, I'm more refering to an occasion where there's a bug that players exploited allowing themselves to invoke Ancient Power without anything getting reset. Eventually the devs fixes this and rolled back any accounts that has exploited this bug. 

This extra hyper shards sounds like an exploit that needs to be fixed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ArchaicLotus said:

Exglint, when you were dishonest about hitting floor 400 in Onslaught, said you got bored so you quit, and got called out, I believe people lost interest in your threads (Google-Dungeon Defenders 2 leaderboards) You are nowhere on Onslaught. When you got mouthy in this thread, "...wave their magic wand" further interest was lost. When you said you knew all of the old players builds and that they used META builds, you lied, because most of them don't know you. When you said that bees were a META in Mastery, you lied. There was no META in mastery, as the people chasing top ten, you not being one of them, did not have time to even post or acknowledge METAs. Your dishonesty places you in a particular category. You try to make achievers and elite gamers look bad because you're not getting it done.

Manchango had a valid point and you quote with mimicks and goggles. Leave him alone. Many players have had issues with DD2 without recourse. Weren't you also the one who pointed out that lag on maps was the player's fault because of their builds?  (ridiculous)Someone came back and pointed out that if a map is released and builds were allowed, that it is the company's fault (logical and honest). Hey man, so you were a tester. In the gaming world they are a dime a dozen.

Types like you were all over Call of Duty. They were the loudest in chat rooms but only ended up padding top gamers' statistics. Stick with Discord.

To be honest, the guy comes off as a mark.

I dont have this bug because I did everything on ap26 since I am still going through resets and I dont want to leave this till the end of it. A friend of mine unfortunately got this because he reset after giving up on Power Surge and returned when his buddy helped him fill in the gaps.

The issue with Chromatic Games at the moment is that they are more focused on putting out DDA and the Prime Incursions were released on a weekly basis. Given that Betsy was only out for 2 days, they didn't account for resets in mid progression when they built the mechanics for Prime (which is strange because Mastery works fine) and odds are they will have the manpower to do something about it when DDA goes live.

Although coding is no easy task and bugs suck (I know cause I did programming in college myself), the lack of communication, even with regards to DDA is very concerning.  Even a simple sticky post saying, we are aware of the bug reports we are getting and are working on them as we can, while releasing hotfixes that fix even small ones shows that they aren't in the dark.  This is has been my biggest criticism with Chromatic Games as a whole.

I can probably tell what the problem is given what the solution and problem this bug came from. I think there are flags that determine which Primes are finished and which aren't and resets are messing with these flags. It isnt until you complete another set of Primes the game probably checks the variables again and then gives you Mass Destruction.  The guy who got 3 Destructive Pylons probably had some weird behind the scenes stuff that went down (lucky dog btw).

If they do go back to it, a QoL they should do is set it so the game displays which primes are done and which aren't. So we can keep better tabs on what we are missing.

As for the Shocking Rev/Water combo, there are alternatives (easiest is water elemental + shocking rev, or just get Earth and run a pdt near it), but they need to make it so legacy relics (people who did it before the patch) lose them. 

Edited by ChrisH36
  • Like 1

"Although coding is no easy task and bugs suck (I know cause I did programming in college myself), the lack of communication, even with regards to DDA is very concerning.  Even a simple sticky post saying, we are aware of the bug reports we are getting and are working on them as we can, while releasing hotfixes that fix even small ones shows that they aren't in the dark." ChrisH

I believe this is Manchango's, and many, many others' problem. No one needs to get reemed for their absolute frustration for the poor customer service represented in this game. 

My hope is that DDA gets pushed back to the Diablo IV release date..

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ArchaicLotus said:

"Although coding is no easy task and bugs suck (I know cause I did programming in college myself), the lack of communication, even with regards to DDA is very concerning.  Even a simple sticky post saying, we are aware of the bug reports we are getting and are working on them as we can, while releasing hotfixes that fix even small ones shows that they aren't in the dark." ChrisH

I believe this is Manchango's, and many, many others' problem. No one needs to get reemed for their absolute frustration for the poor customer service represented in this game. 

My hope is that DDA gets pushed back to the Diablo IV release date..

It has been an issue with them for years to be fair. Although they were a bit more frequent when DD2 was in the (pre-)Alpha days. At least we got a (bi-)weekly stream showing new developments and what has been going down or the staff check ins. If they want DDA to go well, they need to work on communication. I don't want them to turn into Coffee Stain Studios 2.0 (that is a tale that burns at my soul).

Id rather dda not get pushed back unless it causes a work split to dd2. Diablo 4 is something I am not looking forward to since I know it will be D3.5 and their dealings with Blitzchung and China fiasco (#FreeHongKong).

Edited by ChrisH36
  • Like 1

On 11/6/2019 at 9:13 AM, NSPlayer said:

My collections state that I have completed all prime incursions. I got vicious strikes, but mass destruction did not pop. Can we look into it, please?

Edit: I redid a couple of maps and it randomly gave it to me.. It would seem that if you have reset during the prime incursions, you might want to attempt a few maps and see what happens.

Very the same happens to me I have probably missed 1 place but it in time it gave me 

I'm locking this thread because it's nothing but negativity and arguing. Guys, we know we have to work on communication. We've admitted that. We're trying, and you'll see it slowly start to improve and improve more as time goes on. Again, we don't have a CM right now and we're working on that but launching DDA in February is our #1 priority. The bug site *is* still monitored, but you have to realize we're a small studio and there's a lot of issues submitted every day, many of them are repeats or don't provide enough information. We generally do not respond to bug reports but we review them all and tally the most common ones to target first. Tickets however, are always answered. Generally, if the issue is specific to you (ie. you lost an item), submit a ticket so we can review your individual account. If it's an issue that broadly affects everyone (ie. a tower is broken), then a bug report works.

These games have hundreds of thousands of lines of code. A single stray character could be the cause of a bug, and that's worse than finding a needle in a haystack. Some bugs only occur when very specific conditions are met that are often hard to replicate. This means that unfortunately sometimes bugs that only occur once a month for 3 people might be shadowed by a larger issue.

• Like 4