Sign in to follow this  
Fatheredpuma81

"Quality (Common, uncommon, rare, epic, etc.)" umm... what?

So this is from the 20th kickstarter update and it seems a bit worrying. I assume what comes after Epic will probably be Legendary and a few more? It seems we'll be switching from an interesting item naming system with set levels for each Quality to what I can assume generic item naming system with random (?) level requirements? This could obviously have just been example text.

I obviously could just be looking into things too much but seemingly removing something unique and replacing it with something generic could really remove a huge chunk of the game honestly... 

I don't know i'll just hold off and wait until the beta releases and see how they handled it. The issues I have might just be me looking way too far into it and making too many assumptions as to what this could mean. From just a pure aesthetic point of view i'd honestly rather the original naming system with maybe the system this looks to be added on top of it. I'll just leave it at this and see what other people think of it.

From what I could tell the quality/tiers of gear will be similar DD1 and perhaps you are not as familiar with that. In DD1 there were many many tiers going from cursed, torn, to Ultimate ++. Gear was level gaited you could pick up gear that you would not be able to equip until you reached the appropriate level. Godly tier (just above legendary) was for level 60+. Mythical 74+. etc until finally Ultimate ++ 100. You would also get a bonus for equipping all the same kind of armour like all leather, all chain etc. From the post it isnt clear if they kept all the different tiers from DD1 or if the set bonus was also going to be applied but it does at least seem that they are using levels to gait the gear. Having the gear level gaited doesnt in ityself put me off, but I do need to see how exp will be gained and is it shared amongst heroes or like Dd1 where it would be only for the hero you are currently playing on. How quickly do we gain exp? In DD1 up to insane difficulty you could easily complete all the maps with only ever using one hero, but to play in Nightmare you would need multiple builders to succeed, the problem or annoyance was leveling new heroes was a tedious affair and added needless grinding getting each and every hero to the level required to equip the gear necessary.

Edited by dizzydiana
  • Like 1

It's entirely possible that we will be seeing a loot style significantly more similar to DD2 based on the item cards shown. I will be using this item as the point of analysis:

y04MMp8.png

Notice first that the item is "Legendary" with a golden outline - straight from the DD2 loot system. Those are also DD2 gloves in the icon (why a glove icon is used for a flamethrower idk). You can then see in the bottom right that the level requirement for this item is 100. In DD1, only Ultimate+ and Ultimate++ had this level requirement along with a few items that were not assigned a quality (Technically they were classified as Godly but eh). It seems likely, then, that the DD1 loot system isn't at play here. Given the large number of stats and weapon properties, the items will be more closely related to DD1, but the classification system for the items themselves looks like it's closer to DD2 or Borderlands.

Legendary was actually a quality tier in DD1, but it was like lv 45, not 100. Based on that it is still completely possible that we still have the DD1 system, but the way the item card is laid out suggests otherwise.

• Like 1

There was a screenshot of a grey item with lv 100 requirement. 

Probably just an example and better just wait for more info or beta itself. 

Don't read too far into any specifics from the UI section of the announcement! Most of it is just random filler to give an idea of what a complete card/UI might look like ;)

• Like 2

On 11/5/2019 at 12:59 PM, cg_kyled said:

Don't read too far into any specifics from the UI section of the announcement! Most of it is just random filler to give an idea of what a complete card/UI might look like ;)

I'm mostly just worried about gear going from set levels to random levels really along with maybe other changes that could reduce the end game boredom relief. Many people along with me really enjoyed farming gear for (I did Level 70 and level 30) set levels such as Mythical level 74 only characters. Changing it to random might ruin it since even Cursed (level 0) could drop on the hardest maps but was instantly deleted. 

I also really enjoy the fact that certain levels have a new tier attached to them, it really gave you a goal in DD1 with the knowledge that at a specific level all of this loot you've been hoarding becomes available.

• Like 1