Sp0t1869

Beta question?

Does anyone know when beta codes are getting sent out ? I know gunwitch codes had a slow rollout some said up to 30 days after first was sent . So I'm asking cause we are a week from November and don't want to be coming in late . 

Couldn't tell you, really. Surprised there's not been more information pushed out yet, given the last official update over on news said there would be more information coming this month but we're a week away from November. 

There's the countdown to November thread, but that doesn't mean a whole lot because I haven't found any confirmed date for anything, yet. Fingers crossed they'll get information out more reliably but there was also a post I read that they are without a CM at the current time.

Basically read the post on Reddit - Lawlta says they know they are failing at communicating but they have no community manager... I'm hoping they don't lose the trust the community over things as simple as opening up the lines of communication.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 12:16 AM, Blixer said:

Basically read the post on Reddit - Lawlta says they know they are failing at communicating but they have no community manager... I'm hoping they don't lose the trust the community over things as simple as opening up the lines of communication.

And the fact that info is on reddit and not their own freaking forum is symptomatic of this very issue.... 😲

TBH though, TE was never good at this either. I really wish this company would start acting like the company i want to believe they are. This is not anything new or rocket science. Simple marketing. Obviously those at the top care little about this, and it is hurting them constantly by believing this okay to be like this. CG took over almost a year ago, and communication with TE/CG has not been great since like OCT 18. That has just eroded my trust and belief that they know what they are doing.

Friday streams used to be planned, every Fri, and fun. We used to get updates on a decent frequency. We used to have decent forum interactions. We used to feel heard...

• Like 3

I dont get how ce even needs a community manager. The forums at their busiest have had 5 new posts a day.  At the end of the work day have someone log on for 5 minutes and just communicate based on our questions or comments it's not even like they get 1000 forum posts a day.

3 hours ago, vosh said:

I dont get how ce even needs a community manager. The forums at their busiest have had 5 new posts a day.  At the end of the work day have someone log on for 5 minutes and just communicate based on our questions or comments it's not even like they get 1000 forum posts a day.

Well, IMHO , this is a chicken or the egg thing... the forums are dead because... well, they are dead. Thriving communities are full of life. I said on another post... when Josh Isom, @IamIsom was on board as a DD Community Manager I really felt like he understood what the job was about. Riot gets it right, heck even Fortnite (and I hate the game) but they get it right. Trendy is worse than even the Korean led PUBG/BlueHole and that game is a model example of a great game (best gunplay in the FPS business hands down) but lack of community interaction, agility/ability to react quick to change etc) has doomed that game in a genre in NA that is wide open to be exploited (instead fortnite reaps ALL of the benefit). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

Friday streams used to be planned, every Fri, and fun. We used to get updates on a decent frequency. We used to have decent forum interactions. We used to feel heard...

I 100% agree. In that reddit post Lawlta mentioned "MY developmen tasks are 100% ahead of schedule" ... but I feel like keeping the community abreast of progress is as important as reaching development goals. Why develop a game to be released to half the playerbase it could have... or to an already pissed off and negative leaning group... I WANT CG to do well, i WANT to love them, but....

• Like 2

The lack of clear communication from CG is becoming somewhat  of a joke at this point. this has been an ongoing issue from more or less the beginning of Kickstarter.  I have constantly urged them to try to be proactive and interact with the community, but it seems rather futile. Even when  they do interact with the community they tend to respond only in one place be it Reddit, Twitter, Discord or whatever.  I do understand and sympathise that they are rather short staffed, but it does seem that the community is the least important part of their business model. I have tried to give them every opportunity to rebuild our faith in them, but I feel I am out of patience entirely. I am still looking forward to DDA, but I cant help starting to wonder if spending  my $160 was worth it. We are supposed to be a week or so from the Beta, but have heard absolutely nothing from them this month other than a few pictures of the Apprentice towers. We still dont even have a date for the Beta. They must get their act together or they will shortly find they have no community left to speak to.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

TBH though, TE was never good at this either. I really wish this company would start acting like the company i want to believe they are. This is not anything new or rocket science. Simple marketing. Obviously those at the top care little about this, and it is hurting them constantly by believing this okay to be like this. CG took over almost a year ago, and communication with TE/CG has not been great since like OCT 18. That has just eroded my trust and belief that they know what they are doing.

So much this! And definitely agreed too. 2018 was pretty much a great year indeed. There was good interactions, a bunch of dev logs and DD2 being on a roll with Expansions. Heck, even 2017 felt quite alive too.

To be honest right now at this moment when I think of it, had I known things would take a huge turn in 2019 till present, I wouldn't have been quite harsh regarding Ancient Power, Gilding and the Drakenfrost Keep, those periods were great and I really enjoyed them but I would have savored the moments even more without the salt. I have taken those times for granted, assuming that DD2 would go on strong with more Expansions in 2019. (To be clear, I'm also grateful for the content we have this year too with the slow cadence.)

It's also part of the main reason why I was never excited for DDA when it got revealed and it took some visuals to turn me around in some way. 

And also definitely they need to up their communication/PR skills too. To say something simple as "Prime Incursions isn't endgame and we're will still continue to develop DD2 but DDA takes priority for now" and then removing it is totally weird to those who are holding out hope for DD2 like me.

13 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

And the fact that info is on reddit and not their own freaking forum is symptomatic of this very issue.... 😲

Yeah that sure was a "what the heck?". I have always believed that Lawlta is still the community manager until Blixer mentioned it. Well, even worse, I'm sure those who aren't always at discord or twitter would not have known that Elandrian has already left CG a few months ago and did not have a goodbye post here which is weird since he has interacted with the community too and the previous community manager (Josh Isom) did left a goodbye post.

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

Elandrian left? Idk that... Makes you wonder why, especially after his promotion. First Jose, then Elan...losing the few names we ever interact with. Be smart to get some fresh names and faces in front of us on some fri streams. 

Employees who the community interacted with leave, with no goodbyes, and no announcement. We are trying to forge human bonds with you all, but you are making it incredibly difficult to do so. CG has no face right now, on the forum or for the company. As a result, forum is D E A D. But you are putting zero efforts into it, so that was inevitable. And the little effort that is being made is on other sites....'facepalm'

I'm starting to agree with the fear about the money put forward on Kickstarter being worth it. I've played with refunding it several times now. The exclusive console window not helping that. I'm also kind of mad that the high end pledges didn't include dlc season passes, for the price paid. Flair and stuff doesn't seem as important now as - having the game when it comes out, and knowing what CG is doing and planning...

I'm really hoping DDA blows my socks off and revitalizes the franchise. I wish all this work was for a DD3 tbh...seems the more logical step forward. I also hope DD2 gets concluded, and not just ghosted, cuz it sure feels like that is what will happen. 

Not trying to be a bummer. I'm just worried and confused. I was really hoping CG would improve upon the faults that TE had, but in many ways thus far it has been a backwards step. 

• Like 5

Yeah, agreed. I don't want to be skeptical... I was super hopeful just recently. But they can't use the lack of a "community manager", either, because all we're really asking is an occasional 5 minutes of your time blurb about how they haven't currently exploded and are still trying to make a game for us. You don't need a community manager to have your project lead tell us the game is progressing. It's not rocket surgery. Though i wasn't aware Elandrian had jumped ship. This has Thorg very concerned. 

Please let DDA be a great game. Please.

• Like 1

They seem to have trouble keeping CM's, that much is certain. But way back when they laid off their previous ones, it was for budget cuts or whatever whenever it was still TE so it seems that it's always been a position that was something that didn't have much 'job security' in, in the first place, which is a real shame because I feel like for small studios having that position is pretty vital but that's beside the point.

All of that aside, as others have said I don't feel a CM is needed to make a simple, basic post that would take all of a few minutes to put together. It does go a long way and it'll always be better than complete radio silence while they are searching for someone to fill that role. 

I was incredibly vocal back when DD2 was still in its early days and wasn't all that thrilled with how it is now. That said, I'm optimistic about DD:A. I just wish we had more to go off of, but hey it's nearly November and according to the discord things are still on schedule. We'll see for ourselves soon enough.

• Like 1

i don't think we get the beta on oct.

and i don't know why they have a form if you don't use it.. 

if i get it right they are having alfa testing but wy don't share it let us see things.

but now we get a lame page whit only little as possible info.

get you act together or you will lose all faith and have fewer players to back dd3 if it will ever come