PVP as an idea was tried a few year ago as a joke and the community that believed it was true hated it. I highly doubt they would ever try this again.

On the side note, power creep is a terrible way to get content out of the game and even CG realized this back when C7 was released and moved onto Mastery rather than c8.

I feel that the true endgame mode would take more priority than pvp (that is, if that's even being considered.) as it's more of a side gamemode which the gearing/stat system isn't designed for. The only "pvp" thing that I see that makes sense is the Leaderboards.

I did remember a while ago I had an idea of a version of "pvp" involving an arena with the mechanics of seeing which team fought the enemies better. But that obviously is more of a psuedo PVP-esque PVE like the leaderboards are. And personally, between the choice of a final endgame mode to give DD2 a great conclusion or a just pvp mode, I'd take the former.  

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

I think a Destiny 2 "Gambit" type game mode could work really well for DD2.  Teams setup a map in say, less than 30 seconds, and as your score grows, you can send bonus monsters across to the other team.  

PvP is much fun is just is and win a good loot. Period then it’s no end game it’s just keeps going

2 hours ago, Neoneo said:

PvP is much fun is just is and win a good loot. Period then it’s no end game it’s just keeps going

I don't really know which PvP you're referring to so I'll state my case on both - 

- Tower PvP (PVE-esque PvP) - How is it fun when there's a clear OP meta that keeps winning fights effectively crushing other variety of defenses that you want to use creatively? DD2 isn't like PVZ2's Arena mode or Hearthstone's Standard Rotations where the meta are constantly refreshed.

- Hero PvP - This would require a massive balancing check as currently the heroes are geared to destroy several hundred mill HP bosses and we heroes only have a fraction of that amount on HP. Take Nuke Monk for example, suppose I want to use Abyss Lord (who have 900k HP) for PvPs but I just keep getting mowed down by those Nuke Monk that keeps dealing billions of damage. How is that even fun? It certainly isn't. If you balance the heroes for PvP it would in turn unbalance the PvE-aspect for the heroes be it increasing health into huge proportions or lowering hero power into minute proportions.

Overall the points shows that DD2 isn't designed for PvP and if it is implemented, it isn't going to end well as the resource could have gone to make better content even if it isn't the true endgame.

And lastly, if there isn't any actual endgame, we won't have a completed game. 

• Like 1

I do not ever believe they will ever release a PVP, but in my example of a "Gambit" style destiny 2 pvp, you could easily limit the game to one of each tower type, or on rounds modify, say:

Round 1: No Auras

Round 2: No Nodes

Round 3: Neither

Sending monsters to the other side based on points or unused Mana...so you could balance defense vs dps....just an idea, but i do not ever forsee this happening.

I’m positive that if chromatic add pvp I’m sure a lot of player will play it just to see how tough there hero build, it’s just how things work.

On 10/23/2019 at 3:32 AM, Neoneo said:

I’m positive that if chromatic add pvp I’m sure a lot of player will play it just to see how tough there hero build, it’s just how things work.

And...you're positive based on what? By saying "It's just is" or "It's just how things work"?

You've provided nothing substantial to counter the points I or Exglint have brought. Like he said, PvP was brought is an joke and the community that believed it was true hated it. Even DD2 started as a MOBA (PvP arena) and that did not get positive responses either. Why do you think this game was back to PvE? Heck even playertt thinks DD1 PvP was terrible. 

And I'm going to make this point once again - is there even a "tough" hero builds when there's just nuke monk dominating everything by dealing massive damage in millions or billions?

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 10:35 AM, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

And...you're positive based on what? By saying "It's just is" or "It's just how things work"?

You've provided nothing substantial to counter the points I or Exglint have brought. Like he said, PvP was brought is an joke and the community that believed it was true hated it. Even DD2 started as a MOBA (PvP arena) and that did not get positive responses either. Why do you think this game was back to PvE? Heck even playertt thinks DD1 PvP was terrible. 

And I'm going to make this point once again - is there even a "tough" hero builds when there's just nuke monk dominating everything by dealing massive damage in millions or billions?

Its a suggestion, but if you think outside the box anything can be done of the current game. Here’s another idea how about like reset to play even in pvp if you choose to play pvp your character will be transformed back to campaign lvl when your inside the pvp area.  So no Super powerful character everything is equal lvl except your playing style only determines the outcome. So there are plenty of ways to go on pvp route, like any other game they have to come up something good. I have a few ideas of how this simple grinding game can have a different flavour or come out so the tedious grinding of the game created can be less abrupt to a dull redundant after a few repeat. The game has to have a different angle in order for it to move on. I can’t speak for the players after campaign or even after chaos and call it quits because it’s just nothing but grinding flavours.

Hmmm maybe I should ask this question. If for some reason chromatic decided that they add pvp on the game would you play it? 

I'll probably mess around that since it's new content. But eventually, I'll just go back to playing onslaught and Ancient Power since that focuses more on progression. Although it does help if PvP scales back gear and stats to campaign, however it's going to be the same situation as Mastery, it's still a side gamemode. It's not the big thing that I'm grinding onslaught, gear and Ancient Power to prepare against.

And....if you remove that scaling PvP to be the next big thing, there's still going to be a whole slew of nasty unbalances.

• Like 1

I don't see how PVP would fit into the gameplay of DD2. The whole premise is to beat the hordes of the dark one - not to slaughter each other and give the dark one an edge!

That aside, the majority of hero abilities would just wreck other players even if you scaled them down in damage due to the CC nature of them.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 10:41 PM, Little Magic Hat said:

I don't see how PVP would fit into the gameplay of DD2. The whole premise is to beat the hordes of the dark one - not to slaughter each other and give the dark one an edge!

That's a very good point there, I'm glad you brought it up! 

• Like 1