The White Bear

Why Do Armors Different Visuals If They Dont Appear?

So if armor exists to increase your stats then why do different pieces have different styles and looks? People say that armor doesnt appear because the developers want to make money off of costumes and cosmetics which is for appearance but if that is so then what is the point of giving armor it´s own picture and visual? Cant they just have all helmets, chestplates, gauntlets, and leggings look exactly the same? You could say that the different styles make it easier to know which is which but they can just give the name colors which would symbolize the rarity. And yes I know, what the armors look like is not a big deal but again programming the same appearance on armor would save the time when coming up with various visuals

Makes it easier to differentiate armors if they have unique icons, even if no visual change. In DD1, things looked more identical and for me it became boring and a white noise after a while. I want to chase down a cool icon, even if i don't wear it per se. Still feels more special.

Flair is the exact reason why no change. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I would say that since the different armor visual are already there, why not expand it into some bigger like having set combos or whatnot rather than removing them?

And although currently there is no difference, I would rather keep them than removing them as even tiny aesthetics make the game look nicer.

15 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

In DD1, things looked more identical and for me it became boring and a white noise after a while. 

I remember searching to see how weapons are in the DD1 wiki, and although some looked pretty dope, I was quite un-appealed with how for some weapons, the same weapon could have multiple different names. Although I wish for weapons in DD2 to have more uniqueness rather than just skins, I'm glad DD2 weapons did not went the route of DD1 weapons for this naming case. 

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

Think it's a hangover from when we had different types of stats on different  types of armour. Eg warlocks gloves would have magical resistance and ability power with a specific picture, while warrior would have a different picture and be physical resistance and hero damage. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Little Magic Hat said:

Think it's a hangover from when we had different types of stats on different  types of armour. Eg warlocks gloves would have magical resistance and ability power with a specific picture, while warrior would have a different picture and be physical resistance and hero damage. 

Ah, no wonder why back in the days, there's always two types of armor visuals for each rarity.