Sign in to follow this  
ReesesCup

A bit of confusion with the Kicstarter/BackerKit

Posted (edited)

Its mainly about the Backerkit itself. I pledged for Kickstarter while it was ongoing and in the middle of it I got a new card. When the Kickstarter ended my info wasnt updated to the new card but I was still pledged. When I asked about it with Kickstarter support they said there was nothing they could do. So I wrote it off as just bad luck and forgetting on my part.

Today I noticed I had an email about said pledge and it looks as tho my pledged hasn't been locked yet and was asking for an update on payment info. I put in my current info and what not and now its just waiting for my pledged to be locked. Do I still have a chance to get my pledge through? Has payments not been taken yet for the Kickstarter/Backerkit? I'd love to be able to play as I was a backer for the old MOBA that was in development years ago and love the company. Its a tad bit confusing because I figured funds would of already been taken for the project. Would love some confirmation on this. Thank you for reading and hope to hear a reply soon :)

I'd like to mention that I did get the Gunwitch costume code. So I am clearly getting the rewards for it. But I havent paid for it yet and want to make sure that I am able to support the devs :). 

Edited by ReesesCup

As far as I know until they lock the order you can make any changes you wish. This should include payment info as well as if you want to change the platform you requested. Once the order is locked (I'd presume near the end of the month) you wont be able to make changes. Did you check on https://dungeon-defenders.backerkit.com/faq#contact-us to contact CG directly to make sure they updated your payment method? Or you could shoot them an email if need be.

50 minutes ago, dizzydiana said:

As far as I know until they lock the order you can make any changes you wish. This should include payment info as well as if you want to change the platform you requested. Once the order is locked (I'd presume near the end of the month) you wont be able to make changes. Did you check on https://dungeon-defenders.backerkit.com/faq#contact-us to contact CG directly to make sure they updated your payment method? Or you could shoot them an email if need be.

I guess what I'm more confused about is that they haven't locked these yet to receive their funding as the Kickstarter was what all the way back in July/June (Sorry cant remember)? Or do they lock and process the pledges at different times? I figured it was a majority thing.

They are not locking the orders until later. Im guessing just before the Beta due in November. If I were to hazard a guess I'd say around 25th October since its the last Friday of the month. So dont worry none of us have had our orders locked yet :). 

36 minutes ago, dizzydiana said:

They are not locking the orders until later. Im guessing just before the Beta due in November. If I were to hazard a guess I'd say around 25th October since its the last Friday of the month. So dont worry none of us have had our orders locked yet :). 

This is exactly what I needed to hear. I guess I got super lucky! Tho kind of weird that they would wait this long to lock in orders to received the money fundraised no? 

I had a similar issue where i could only complete my payment here and messaged them with similar concerns. They aren't locking tiers so that people have the opportunity to upgrade if they choose. 

• Like 1

Just echoing everyone else here - Tiers have not been locked and you can make changes (provided it is not sold out), edit payment/shipping info, etc. This is also so that we can offer refunds to people who may change their mind. If anyone has any questions/concerns, you can always e-mail preorder@chromatic.games.