Sign in to follow this  
Ohi

Gearing for chaos tier's

Im a semi new player just starting to hit chaos levels and i wanted to get a few questions asked to better understand how advancing the chaos tier levels.

Should i be focusing on stats when grinding chaos 1 or just focus on the gear level to advance to the next tier? or should i just be upgrading it as im currently around 700 gear score right now and eligible to do c2's but not as a solo q 

i would focus on gear score because it will be quicker  getting to chaos 7 / almost any gear stats will get you to chaos 7 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Always play the highest level you can, even if you can't beat it. Advancing is only about gear score, and not winning per se. As enemies drop items, constantly look for better gear (by score), and swap in any improvements. Focus on 1 hero. Don't waste time or money on upgrading your gear unless you are stuck on a chaos tier and the stuff you want is not dropping. C7 is when you start upgrading everything. Study each chaos tier though and ensure you know how to beat not only the newly introduced enemy unit, but what pack of enemies show on that tier. This is excellent training for endgame play. 

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

Always play the highest level you can, even if you can't beat it. As enemies drop items, constantly look for better gear, and swap in any improvements. Don't waste time or money on upgrading your gear unless you are stuck on a chaos tier and the stuff you want is not dropping. C7 is when you start upgrading everything. Study each chaos tier though and ensure you know how to beat not only the newly introduced enemy unit, but what pack of enemies show on that tier. This is excellent training for endgame play. 

40 minutes ago, playertt said:

i would focus on gear score because it will be quicker  getting to chaos 7 / almost any gear stats will get you to chaos 7 

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Until you hit c7, focus primarily on gear level. Once you get into C7, when you find gear that fits the build you want to use on the character you want to mainly actively play VS build with, upgrade that gear to max level C7. Put some good mods on it and shards in it, as you aquire them, but don't obsess over thr charecter all that much for now... having the right mods and shards on relics are most of what allow you to progress. 

Use whatever works to get to C7, as far as relics, shards and defenses... nothing you encounter in C1-7 will require anything all the amazing gear wize, and there isn't much point to farming pre c7 more than you have to since all the best gear drops in c7 and Onslaught. Make sure to get groups to do each of the new prime incursions once, when you can, to get those shards, farm C7 a lot, and start working your way through Onslaught which is where the real challenege atarts.

C7 is just about farming, ince you get over the curve and can. Onslaught, once you get deeper into it, is abiut having the right defenses and knowing how to deal with tough lanes, and that's when you will start to want to really get things dialed in.

You don't need to spend much money on the game, but if you like it max out your bags and get some extra bank slots if you have reaources left over... space is a huge boon. Characters you can earn in game slowly over time, and you don't need anything but the free ones for farming C7 and can even go quite far in Onslaught with them. EV2 is super useful, and as close to mandatory as you can get later on,  but everything else you can do just fine with your starting 4... I have them all and use the starting 4 and EV2 by far the most.

Edited by BlueConfusedMage