Sakura Flower

Returning player

It’s been a longe time since i’ve played this game, things changed dramatically and now theres alot of combinations that we can do. I feel lost in what I need to choose to start playing again, dryad was my way to go, now she’s weak. :monk_small: 

Right now, whats strong? Need some tips in what defenses I shoud focus, best combos, dps hero, etc 

Dryad is not weak at all. Not at all (I use her in corrupt).There are so many things that people don't know about her. Water/electricity combo, poison/earth combo. Focus on those.

40 minutes ago, ArchaicLotus said:

Dryad is not weak at all. Not at all (I use her in corrupt).There are so many things that people don't know about her. Water/electricity combo, poison/earth combo. Focus on those.

I will love to know these things. Dryad is awesome, but I was obliterated using her on onslaught, and I'm stuck because I don't know what to invest in, or which defense is most viable these days. 

Posted (edited)

Dryad is not weak at all. Not at all (I use her in corrupt).There are so many things that people don't know about her. Water/electricity combo, poison/earth combo. Focus on those. You have to be ready and willing to fight in Corrupt form. Right shards, all towers are amazing based off of Onslaught mutator rules per lane. I use all of her towers, but slimes with incredible rarity. You have to determine which towers get anti-chaos and anti-melee (these do not reflect d.p.s.). Based off of how you build and like to fight, shard/mod combo is a must. In corrupt you have to stay alive or your towers' corrupt effects as well as d.p.s. drop drastically. Sakura, it takes a lot of hands on and research to master the Dryad in Corrupt form. Once you get it, she's a Demi-God.

Edited by ArchaicLotus

I just cam back to this game about 8 weeks ago and I'm loving it.  I was a lowly 180 ascension when I left.  I got super lucky early on and got a 10 tenacity servo so I run the 1 amp warrior build, which you can find on youtube from juicebags.  If you can get a 10 tenancity, and upgrade it to chaos 8, you'll be able to use a reflect beam to protect your defenses from cyborks.  Having the earth shard on the reflect beam with a poison servo on a proton beam (or just using PDTs) you'll be able to crowd control almost any lane.

If you don't have EV2 with a 10 tenacity, you could go with an EST and PDT combo for petrify.  Most lanes can be handled by 2 ESTs and a PDT for 160 DU.  

Another game changer for me was getting destructive pylon and putting it on an LSA.

Another combos that works is Weapon Mans with the water shard and shocking revelations servo.

Get a good SGT, maxed rate and a ton of range added.  I'm running defense guilded, and range on the servo with a 10 anti-support for the kabolds.

I've put in a few hundred hours tho, and did 5 AP resets on my alt, and have him carrying my main where i have completed 13.  My buddy started at the same time, and he's doing an onslaught push and already hit floor 270 to raise his minimum ascension level on his first AP.

There's a lot there, and it took me watching a ton a videos and trial and error over the first couple weeks to figure out how to beat some of the mutators in onslaught and the reasoning behind the builds.  I'll answer any questions you have, but there are tons of people on here with more experience than me.

Posted (edited)

Not if you take the time to build her up. To experience her prowess you have to be in Corrupt form during combat phase. Have the perfect mod/shard combo. Most people do not use deadly strikes on bees. I take it a step further and use Vicious Strikes. Placement and the direction you face. I'm using a primary Dryad build and reached floor 200+ easily. My greatest trial is when the Temple freezes and creatures float through walls (PS4) and you have no idea what's up for a good moment in time.

Edited by ArchaicLotus

10 hours ago, ArchaicLotus said:

Not if you take the time to build her up. To experience her prowess you have to be in Corrupt form during combat phase. Have the perfect mod/shard combo. Most people do not use deadly strikes on bees. I take it a step further and use Vicious Strikes. Placement and the direction you face. I'm using a primary Dryad build and reached floor 200+ easily. My greatest trial is when the Temple freezes and creatures float through walls (PS4) and you have no idea what's up for a good moment in time.

Its all about effectiveness and versatility..You may have find the almost ideal setups for the things that you use but untill wht point it last or reach.

You said about ch8 max stuffs that you grind to get so you are using it for this kinda lv which give you a slight better buff over a guy with 999 asc on def with ap power with ch7 basic relics.

I think than you and me are alike with the intention of try to use something UU to create indentity when playing the game and maybe reach a point of finding something of better results with higher difficulty of implement.

I would like to see sometime a gameplay of you using those stuffs for reference to see in wht way you struggle or have a advantage over normal circumstances.If you not already have..

I think about the defenses that are uncommonly used just sv with split viper and exp trap could had more usage over this aura meta of the moment..I dont think exactly anyone disseccated the game and knows everything but is very unlikely than you can go atleast without a CC like wm very further for example.

Meta is OU for a reason..Is the same as think of top tiers chars in fighting games because they have better matchups against he cast and more resources.

@ArchaicLotus I'd like to see more of your claim with actual data . 

I do know that dryad gets a buff while corrupt, but even then she seems pretty lacking as a builder. From the testing I've done with her anyway. 

I'd like to know what your set-up looks like and dps you are getting with 200 du max per lane (real dps , not tooltip). If you consider anti-dps do mention it also. 

As for floor 200 that's too early to really show if a build has potential or not 

@DanielMenezes2 

Split viper is in an awkward spot. It only targets 3 enemies, yet is bad at single target because only 1 viper at a time can target a single enemy. Add to that the fact that the dps is not incredible and it brings it down further. Good points are it's pretty cheap and has a good range. But won't work that well for general lane clearing. 

Explosive trap is the highest dps defense in game (also aoe). The main problems with it are damage falloff and trigger radius. Especially against lady orcs, the trap only activating once they are in the middle of it. Add to that that it pretty much require 100% tenacity (or a RB with 100% tenacity in front) and it becomes less viable. It would still be possible to go really far in onslaught just using ET just because of it's raw damage (and the double explosion shard). But all things considered there are better options. It would be far better if many traps could be set-up at the same physical location (then cc would make it possible to not lose much dps). 

As far as knowing everything , probably noone. But there are people dissecting this game to unravel it's inner workings =) Formula-wise Exglint for instance. I did a lot of actual testing with many defenses personally. 

Posted (edited)

If all use one build, then the game appears unappealing to me. I started with the Dryad and understand her with an A+ rating; for example, you have to treat the beehive like a cannon, while understanding their chaotic targetting. The nimbus is the most devasting 60 DU spent on general mobs (over Earthshatter, based off of shard/mod combo), yet I use both in conjunction. Do you want bees to focus more on air? Take off Earth toss. MybShatters have a 10 anti-melee and a 10 Shatterquake. The other 10 could be swapped to further increase damage. I don't build to single target lanes in general, I did not AP reset because I felt that it was an incredibly repetitive process to those that did, and it seemed to bore players in great detail while benefiting Trendy/Chromatic Games encouraging players to "buy" their gems and packages to reduce the time in which you level. I understand this model but do not respect it, so I will not AP reset, and I've not bought a materials vault out of agitation towards the company. The only purchases have been cosmetic, because of all of the issues. While I was off for a year-and-a-half I missed out on the water shard combined with weapons manufacturer.

Wookie I don't even know what tooltip is and either what data are you requesting or what "claim" you assume I am making, that the Dryad is a Demi-god in Corrupt? You either know how to use her or you do not. She, in my opinion, is the only builder that is not cut-and-paste. Nimbus, for example, when to use a guilded Cthulu's Influence (sometimes 6 second charm is 6 seconds, others it's .6 seconds) and when to use a shard based off your experimenations. I've only used the Dryad ever since her release, as my main builder. I believe I'm the only one that has done that through the glitches and the mods. I do not believe myself to be a master, yet I do believe to have utterly mastered the Dryad.

Edited by ArchaicLotus

i was using 1 nimbus on each lane its a powerhouse on bosses but some mobs will slip by/ now for the last few weeks ive switched to using flame auras seems better but i like watching the nimbus and hornets work if the do go wrong way sometimes 

6 hours ago, Zombiewookie said:

@DanielMenezes2 

Split viper is in an awkward spot. It only targets 3 enemies, yet is bad at single target because only 1 viper at a time can target a single enemy. Add to that the fact that the dps is not incredible and it brings it down further. Good points are it's pretty cheap and has a good range. But won't work that well for general lane clearing. 

Explosive trap is the highest dps defense in game (also aoe). The main problems with it are damage falloff and trigger radius. Especially against lady orcs, the trap only activating once they are in the middle of it. Add to that that it pretty much require 100% tenacity (or a RB with 100% tenacity in front) and it becomes less viable. It would still be possible to go really far in onslaught just using ET just because of it's raw damage (and the double explosion shard). But all things considered there are better options. It would be far better if many traps could be set-up at the same physical location (then cc would make it possible to not lose much dps). 

As far as knowing everything , probably noone. But there are people dissecting this game to unravel it's inner workings =) Formula-wise Exglint for instance. I did a lot of actual testing with many defenses personally. 

With sand viper is a lot about commitment when comes to using for me.I play with the mystic i have destructions stack and for this i need to have a max def rate mod and a normal range mod to allow that with split viper shard. Its 7.13m t5  base atk with pylon and which i get with lsa using the same relic its 25m i believe not counting anti mods..In this comparison with full ramp out the sv would do a base dmg higher than lsa without anti mods with one beam.

If you ballance out the cost effect of using two per lane with support and the ramp out than now have with split it turn to a very strong tower.

I do know why you say that is weak tho.Everyone use with just destruction or worse without that and becomes a horrible defense in general but at least as i play cover well as a general lane and as anti boss (dark torment focusing).

About the exp trap i totally agree with you but imo still worth to use one at least if there is a lane with a lot of mobs..When i was playing onslaught the combo of exp and oil geyser one behind the other did a lot of dmg for the price in non slow/stun immune mobs in schedule like mob gallery.

Is bad than people didnt find out more about as you sayed inner working..Maybe a lot of issues of performance would be solved if we just know wht to look at.When players talk about balance,bugs and effects in game its all tied to this.

I believe than after the 2° mass destruction drop the 900sh players will reach 1000 floor and with this new dda coming probably wont have so much dedicated players to figure out those stuffs.

@DanielMenezes2 

You have a point about dark torment focusing it does make it better but that requires playing mystic. As an hero dps she has great cc but her damage is trash tier hence why I prefer playing something else. 

I did try viper double destruction stack back in the day and it wasn't doing that much damage for normal lanes. (given they buffed it afterward, but not enough imo)

As for people climbing higher with a second mass destruction it's not gonna happen. I calculated a second mass would add less than 20% dps to my usual killbox. It's not gonna be enough to keep pushing. 

Can always pm me on discord if you want more info.  

Posted (edited)

There are too many factors involved for you to have an accurate calculation. Which towers/traps are used per rulset? Which mods/shards are used? Does someone have five different Abyss Lords created with five Colossus walls, all 10/10 mods fortications guilded, buff aura with boosted grasp in front of the wall, world tree with gulded health pylon behind, backed up by PDTs all guilded....you get the point. Thousands of different scenarios with different mod/shard combos/builds/etc. Placement, which heroes used, mods/shards on them....you get the point.  I'll admit, The Lost Temple has been a nightmare (glitches, freezing, rubber-banding).

When I hit my highest floor, I'll list out my towers, traps (anyone use Geyser with c8 10 tenacity, guilded defense rate....etc. Right at the beginning of a stun/slow. Bees mowing them down..etc. Geyser adds next source dmg % increased by 'X' depending on a drenched shard equipped. Placed correctly it's a nuke).

Edited by ArchaicLotus

13 hours ago, Zombiewookie said:

@DanielMenezes2 

You have a point about dark torment focusing it does make it better but that requires playing mystic. As an hero dps she has great cc but her damage is trash tier hence why I prefer playing something else. 

I did try viper double destruction stack back in the day and it wasn't doing that much damage for normal lanes. (given they buffed it afterward, but not enough imo)

As for people climbing higher with a second mass destruction it's not gonna happen. I calculated a second mass would add less than 20% dps to my usual killbox. It's not gonna be enough to keep pushing. 

Can always pm me on discord if you want more info.  

You are right about mystic.Is kinda complicated to go higher with her base dmg but i just basically dont count with that to be the main differential to use her.Using call to madness and the dark torment against the strongest mobs is the help needed and work so far.With higher as you go is probably better to atleast have a backup to quick swap if things get harder.

I would like to test the initiate for fun as a hero dps sometime but at my stage i would waste too much resource or time and i dont know about the effectiveness of the her abilites.Why no one actually play with her instead of monk..The new abilities are really way worse considering than the talisman also boost defenses and still is not used?

Its a surprise for me if you are right about nobody reaching higher with a extra power like this..20% roughly is not enough to be the key factor to maybe turn a defense that is ok with for example vamp and destruction to very strong with mass in place of vamp..

If no one find a way to take advantage of this boost probably wont be reachable anyway.

Problem with initiate is doesn't  do the damage as monk and talisman skill doesn't last long enough and talisman skill is to small of area / but i agree that power from talisman skill is great