Aesker

Is there any way to get into the beta without purchasing the Early Bird Awakened bundle?

I made an account for this forum just to ask around. 

Dungeon Defenders 1 is one of my all time favourite games, and has one of the most hours I've put into any game. I heard about Dungeon Defenders Awakened around August, since I didn't play Dungeon Defenders for a bit, I didn't get to see the kickstarter on the 'Recent News' tab for it. Regardless, I purchased the early bird bundle to get into the Beta because of how much I loved the game, and then I gifted the 2012 collection to one of my friends. Alongside that friend, 2  more have gotten really into Dungeon Defenders, and are now starting to show interest om DDA. The problem is, they've already bought the 2012 collection, and it'd seem redundant to buy even more copies of the 2012 collection, since none of our other friends show an interest in this game. Is there any way they can pre-order just DDA, and get into the beta? It'd be really nice to go into the beta with them, but they can't justify the 50$ CAD purchase since they already have the 2012 collection :/

Perhaps you could get in touch with some of the people who purchased kickstarter bundles with multiple codes and work something out with them? I can't think of much else without biting the bullet and buying the early bird pack, now that the kickstarter is long since ended.

Hey Defender!

You can indeed just buy a copy of DDA without all of the extra goodies! On our pre-order site (https://dungeon-defenders.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders), the Early Bird Bundle ($40) is featured and the biggest item at the top of the page. However, if you scroll down past that, there is another item simply called "Dungeon Defenders Awakened" and it's just $25 :)

EDIT: I misread the post. No the $25 option does NOT include beta access, I thought he just wanted to get his friends playing (at launch) but they didn't want to pay for the extra goodies.

On 10/1/2019 at 1:37 PM, cg_kyled said:

Hey Defender!

You can indeed just buy a copy of DDA without all of the extra goodies! On our pre-order site (https://dungeon-defenders.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders), the Early Bird Bundle ($40) is featured and the biggest item at the top of the page. However, if you scroll down past that, there is another item simply called "Dungeon Defenders Awakened" and it's just $25 :)

That version does not state access to the beta however. If that is confirmed I will forward it to a few more of my friends that might be more willing to drop 25$ than 40$ to try it also.

I want to know the answer to that as well. Me and a friend pre-ordered the game for $25 but I thought because we missed the kickstarter we're not participating in the beta.

15 hours ago, Blixer said:

That version does not state access to the beta however. If that is confirmed I will forward it to a few more of my friends that might be more willing to drop 25$ than 40$ to try it also.

6 hours ago, omegastar said:

I want to know the answer to that as well. Me and a friend pre-ordered the game for $25 but I thought because we missed the kickstarter we're not participating in the beta.

I apologize I missed that in the post (Long day yesterday!), unfortunately no the $25 one does not include access to the beta. 

• Like 2