Jump to content
ddace

CDT Update 7 - The Finale Beta has Arrived!!!!

Recommended Posts

On 10/25/2019 at 12:08 AM, Lootlovinggamer said:

Yeah the ult rate is UNACCEPTABLE on mini krackens even more so with it being 1 per account. i've not liked for awhile now the whole.. balance new pets around chicken damage but, disregarding the part where it takes very little time to get a 39k chicken in comparison to the pets that can beat a chicken potentionally taking 100's of hours to farm one that beats a chicken..  :/

 

Ult rate is getting buffed quite a lot

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To give some feedback on the new beta, there's a few cosmetic changes that really bother me.

First and in my opinion most importantly there's the changes to the ToE accessory set, so I do like the sparkles and trail it currently has, but the eye just looks HORRIBLY out of place and isn't even symmetrical on top of that. I'd much rather have it be the sandstorm set effect it was before.

Then some of the item icons that were changed, I think that the previous ones looked much better for the Wasp, Candy Cane and Rudolph's Spare Nose. 

 

Last but not least, the Chicken baller. It's "new" model is just absolutely horrid and looks terrible in my opinion, I do like the new colors it comes in though.

Having an entirely new model would be super nice, but the old model with the new colors would already be a BIG improvement.

 

Really hoping to see ToE Set/Chicken baller getting changes.

The ace of spades monk weapon seems to be bugged, the character is holding it backwards. 

 

Besides those things the update still looks amazing and I'm super excited to have it on ranked \o/ 

 

Edited by Manyux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Manyu on everything presented. The change to the ToE set completely ruins how amazing the accessories themselves look, please revert it back to the sandstorm effect from previous betas. The sandstorm, even for those who may not like it, isn't nearly as intrusive as a massive asymmetrical eye on your back. 

Also not a fan of model change on the Chicken Baller. Colour change is great but I think the change made to the shape of the tip of the weapon made it look even worse than before. As has been mentioned previously, a new model would be preferred but if it's too late for that, either some more changes to the current model or reverting to the original with the new colours added would be much better than leaving it the way it is on the current beta build. 

The only thing I can say I passionately hate here is the new icon for the Wasp pet... Its just awful. Not much more to say about it. Would much prefer the previous icon even if it was a little bit weird. Please revert or fix it :( Overhead view of that thing is not very flattering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, i've had a chance to take a look at some of the cosmetic changes and i'm gonna give some of my own input on it too.

1. I love the idea of using the Eye of Horus as the set effect for an 'egyptian' themed accessory set, but it just does not fit the characters well ingame. It's bright and it's way, way too in your face when trying to play. Cool concept but i think the old sandstorm effect will be better as it isn't as intrusive while playing.

2. Chicken baller colour changes are really sweet. I like how it gives a bit more variation to the item, props to the CDT for that. I also like the chicken stuck in the end of the weapon as it gives it that typical chicken weapon comedic aspect, which fits with the other chicken themed weapons we have already. However, i'm not a fan of the new shape of the tip of the chicken baller as it just makes it look clumsy. I think having the old weapon shape with the new colours and chicken in the end instead of the gem would look a lot better. If this isn't doable then i'd just prefer the old model entirely but with the new colours.

3. I like the icon for the new Wasp pet, despite some of the other feedback being given. I think it's a bit more recognisable as actually being a wasp. It's never going to be easy to try to make a wasp look pretty in icon form, but i think the CDT did a good job with this one.

4. Gonna agree with Manyu on the other item icons for the Candy Cane and Rudolphs Spare Nose items. In my opinion the icons feel like they have too much border shading, this is way more obvious with the Candy Cane. The other items i've seen all seem to be fine.

5. Huge thank you for reverting the Candy Cane back to actually being called 'Candy Cane' instead of 'Peppermint Stick'!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated Chicken Baller (black parts will be random spring colors)

image.png.d857ac94886571b04a1a32f21478f3ea.png

Updated wasp icon:

image.png.b9aa4d64890db955ac4241789425e6cb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2019 at 6:48 AM, Thaleskpl said:

If by terrible balancing you're talking about your other post ... I can tell you the the only unfair boss fights ... If you're having trouble ... the issue is clearly your build ... you can easily kill the dragon + kraken with ... 5-6k hero stats

I'm just going to walk away from this. I remember the wider feedback Crystalline Resurgence got, and I can tell repeating or referencing it here won't accomplish anything.

Edited by Miraglyth
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New ToE acc set bonus SUCKS, please revert it back to the sandstorm one with the sparkles or make a new one that actually makes sense as a back attachment (wings or something else symmetrical)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So about the Nesso pet, it's currently dropping from deeper well easy survival which feels really off, it's also completely worthless, it seems like it has already been balanced around dread dungeon (which is a much better place for it, since dread dungeon literally only has the chain bracers). I would like for it to be usable as well as a collectable even if a really good Nesso is worse then a average fairy.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree wash dread is pretty empty rewards wise and it would be nice to have it there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also agreed on Nesso. Putting it on Deeper Well makes it unusable instead of just being a decent niche pet if you get a really good one. An excuse to actually play Dread Dungeon would be nice too since I really enjoy the look and setup of the map but have nothing to play it for. The map feels like the CDT era version of Deeper Well to me so it feels fitting to put it on there instead.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Washb0ard said:

So about the Nesso pet, it's currently dropping from deeper well easy survival which feels really off, it's also completely worthless, it seems like it has already been balanced around dread dungeon (which is a much better place for it, since dread dungeon literally only has the chain bracers). I would like for it to be usable as well as a collectable even if a really good Nesso is worse then a average fairy.

 

3 hours ago, DarkDasher said:

I agree wash dread is pretty empty rewards wise and it would be nice to have it there. 

 

3 hours ago, dangermoose125 said:

Also agreed on Nesso. Putting it on Deeper Well makes it unusable instead of just being a decent niche pet if you get a really good one. An excuse to actually play Dread Dungeon would be nice too since I really enjoy the look and setup of the map but have nothing to play it for. The map feels like the CDT era version of Deeper Well to me so it feels fitting to put it on there instead.

Putting Nessie in Deeper Well was a decision made straight from Ice. He was also the one who mandated it be in the game. He is the sole proprietor of Nessie's fate.

I will make sure he sees your feedback, but I can't guarantee anything will change.

From my perspective, Nessie is not meant to be a useful pet. It is instead a fun little addition to the game that is worth much more in memes than stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gigazelle is correct on this, it is a decision by me and not CDT on the pet. Last minute of all things too of adding in this pet which is something I really shouldn't have done to begin with but I want to keep my promise of getting it in some way. Also regarding the pet directly it is for fun not for usefulness.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anything that can be done about the Tomb of Etheria set bonus consistently crashing your game? Using the set bonus on your primary character and activating split-screen in any way immediately hard crashes your game 100% of the time. I've seen an alarming amount of people asking why their game is crashing from normal play and it is always met with people being told about the bug followed by being told to just not use them. This really feels like a pretty poor excuse after there was a lot of time put in to making the set that everyone loves, followed by changes to the set bonus due to community feedback that everyone eventually came to agree on.

I'm personally a big fan of both the accessories themselves and the new set bonus and really don't want to have to completely give up on using them since it stops me from playing the way I normally play the game.

As much as I know there is supposed to be no more changes at this point, if there is anything that needs to be done at this point, this is definitely the most important thing to deal with. The game hard crashing from playing normally is a pretty huge problem that I feel really needs to be dealt with as soon as possible.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Moose said, this is very annoying as there was a lot of effort put into these accessories/ the cosmetic set and a lot of people were very excited for it (myself included), straight up not being able to use it is a bummer. 

Edited by Manyux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im gonna have to +1 Manyu and Moose on that. That accessory set looks absolutely stunning and is unfortunatly ruined by not being able to use it with splitscreen. Id love to see that getting fixed. Either way I appreciate the dedication on the CDT to still update this game. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2019 at 12:38 PM, Manyux said:

As Moose said, this is very annoying as there was a lot of effort put into these accessories/ the cosmetic set and a lot of people were very excited for it (myself included), straight up not being able to use it is a bummer. 

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Making a final last effort post after all the both private and public complaints and suggestions I've made about content from Update 7 that I feel should be hotfixed in as a final patch.

 

The Free-Range Chicken is simply too good. I personally made the mistake of requesting an extreme overbuff to this pet without ever testing it properly and not knowing really how it worked or functioned inside the game. The damage was really low on it, it got an extreme buff to its damage output as well as an increase on its targeting range, (projectile speed?), and projectile spread all at the same time. This brought the pet to a point that it is beating almost every pet in the game on raw DPS, with its usability pushing it over the edge of OP.

Realistically you're looking at an extremely high upgrade Kraken, Wasp or Ultimate Seahorse to ever beat the Free-Range Chicken on point-blank DPS alone. The first problem here is that the Chicken takes waaay less time to obtain a good one due to the nature of entirely relying on base damage spawns instead of quality and upgrades like almost every other pet in the game. The second problem is that it demolishes all 3 of those pets in terms of overall usability. The Kraken and Wasp are both damage over time pets and take quite a long time of hitting something or in the Kraken's case, something standing still in your gas clouds or having to sit in melee range the entire time, to ever match the DPS that the Chicken can put out immediately and more consistently.

The comparison to an Ultimate Seahorse is a weird one. We have one of the "easiest-to-obtain a good version of" pets in the Free-Range Chicken compared to the opposite end of the spectrum, an Ultimate Seahorse which has possibly the largest time investment for anything that is actually useful in the game. The large problem here is that the Free-Range Chicken is just straight up more effective than an Ultimate Seahorse. You need one of the best Ultimate Seahorses in the game to even match the DPS of a Free-Range Chicken. Yet the Seahorse still has the disadvantage of a god-awful spread and only dealing poison damage (which isn't that massive of a deal, but still a bigger downside than the Chicken has of dealing all elements).

The situation we're left with now, despite all the new interesting pets in the update that fill their own niches, the Free-Range Chicken reigns supreme far above every other option in pretty much every scenario that you would want to use a DPS pet. I've seen some of the best Ultimate Seahorses in the game go unused even in the situations most suited to them, simply because the Free-Range Chicken is way too good at everything.

As for changes to the Chicken to deal with it; It shouldn't have such an amazing spread, projectile speed, targeting range and damage output. Some of these things really need to be cut back a fair bit to put it back in line with the competition.

 

Another thing I would like to suggest is the same "void grab" system that was introduced to Sky City and King's Game in this update be added to all of the new maps in the update.

I was very surprised to see this not happen with these new maps. After all the positive feedback there was for this change on those maps, I can't see why it wasn't added to the new maps by default. The system teleports items that fall in to the void back up on to the map. This system is really nice to have on those maps in particular because a lot of the items fall in to the void due to some enemies spawning far beyond where there is ground for their items to drop if they happen to die before making it to a platform. I'm very happy it was added to those maps, but I feel like all of the new ones could also use it.

All the new maps seem to be struggling from the problem of dropping loot in to the void a whole lot. There is a lot of pits on some of the maps that result in items getting voided as soon as they hit it. Even the maps that don't have these pits have a lot of air spawners outside of the map resulting in a lot of things dying mid air and all of their loot consistently falling in to the void. There is no worse feeling in the game than seeing your armour that you've put the time in to farm fall in to the void and disappear. I have seen people talking about what maps they're farming for armour, and at the moment a large deciding factor has been "which maps have the least drops falling right off the map" which is pretty depressing to see, with how it was supposed to be set up in a way that all of them would be equal.  I've personally watched a plethora of ultimate and ultimate++ items fall in to the void, particularly running Spring Valley actually, so it's most definitely not a build choice as has been suggested in the past. 

Overall I'd consider this still mostly a QoL change that I'd really like to see added to at least the 4 new campaign maps and Spring Valley, it doesn't matter as much on Tomb of Etheria but eh, why not.

Edited by dangermoose125
Forgot a word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with everything Moose said, imo the "void grab" NEEDS to be added, in order for all the armor farm maps to be viable, otherwise everyone will just farm the one map with the least items dropping into void. 

Don't think I need to say much about the chicken, should be rather obvious that a pet you can get in say 10 runs if you're having bad luck, beating a Ult seahorse or high 400 upgrade versions of other pets in the patch isn't right.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also agree with everything Moose said. There is a lot of potential to lose item drops as the new maps have a lot of open spaces over the void and this is a thing that simply shouldn't exist.

I too also asked for a change to free range chickens but what has been added is far too much. I like the increased range as i feel that is essential for any ranged based pet to have, but the damage is definately overtuned after testing them in a bunch of different scenarios.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah ive said it before, I agree with everything moose has said. The chicken in its current state is horrendously overpowered. Especially considering how easy it is to optain one. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also very frustrated about the toe acc set bug,i really like this new cosmetic effect but not being able to play with it it's such disapointing,pls fix this. And i also agree with Moose,krayz,manyu,... about adding a "void grab" on the news maps because seeing an ult++ armor falling into the void is not pleasant.

Edited by Meshak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2019 at 10:54 AM, dangermoose125 said:

Making a final last effort post after all the both private and public complaints and suggestions I've made about content from Update 7 that I feel should be hotfixed in as a final patch.

 

The Free-Range Chicken is simply too good. I personally made the mistake of requesting an extreme overbuff to this pet without ever testing it properly and not knowing really how it worked or functioned inside the game. The damage was really low on it, it got an extreme buff to its damage output as well as an increase on its targeting range, (projectile speed?), and projectile spread all at the same time. This brought the pet to a point that it is beating almost every pet in the game on raw DPS, with its usability pushing it over the edge of OP.

Realistically you're looking at an extremely high upgrade Kraken, Wasp or Ultimate Seahorse to ever beat the Free-Range Chicken on point-blank DPS alone. The first problem here is that the Chicken takes waaay less time to obtain a good one due to the nature of entirely relying on base damage spawns instead of quality and upgrades like almost every other pet in the game. The second problem is that it demolishes all 3 of those pets in terms of overall usability. The Kraken and Wasp are both damage over time pets and take quite a long time of hitting something or in the Kraken's case, something standing still in your gas clouds or having to sit in melee range the entire time, to ever match the DPS that the Chicken can put out immediately and more consistently.

The comparison to an Ultimate Seahorse is a weird one. We have one of the "easiest-to-obtain a good version of" pets in the Free-Range Chicken compared to the opposite end of the spectrum, an Ultimate Seahorse which has possibly the largest time investment for anything that is actually useful in the game. The large problem here is that the Free-Range Chicken is just straight up more effective than an Ultimate Seahorse. You need one of the best Ultimate Seahorses in the game to even match the DPS of a Free-Range Chicken. Yet the Seahorse still has the disadvantage of a god-awful spread and only dealing poison damage (which isn't that massive of a deal, but still a bigger downside than the Chicken has of dealing all elements).

The situation we're left with now, despite all the new interesting pets in the update that fill their own niches, the Free-Range Chicken reigns supreme far above every other option in pretty much every scenario that you would want to use a DPS pet. I've seen some of the best Ultimate Seahorses in the game go unused even in the situations most suited to them, simply because the Free-Range Chicken is way too good at everything.

As for changes to the Chicken to deal with it; It shouldn't have such an amazing spread, projectile speed, targeting range and damage output. Some of these things really need to be cut back a fair bit to put it back in line with the competition.

 

Another thing I would like to suggest is the same "void grab" system that was introduced to Sky City and King's Game in this update be added to all of the new maps in the update.

I was very surprised to see this not happen with these new maps. After all the positive feedback there was for this change on those maps, I can't see why it wasn't added to the new maps by default. The system teleports items that fall in to the void back up on to the map. This system is really nice to have on those maps in particular because a lot of the items fall in to the void due to some enemies spawning far beyond where there is ground for their items to drop if they happen to die before making it to a platform. I'm very happy it was added to those maps, but I feel like all of the new ones could also use it.

All the new maps seem to be struggling from the problem of dropping loot in to the void a whole lot. There is a lot of pits on some of the maps that result in items getting voided as soon as they hit it. Even the maps that don't have these pits have a lot of air spawners outside of the map resulting in a lot of things dying mid air and all of their loot consistently falling in to the void. There is no worse feeling in the game than seeing your armour that you've put the time in to farm fall in to the void and disappear. I have seen people talking about what maps they're farming for armour, and at the moment a large deciding factor has been "which maps have the least drops falling right off the map" which is pretty depressing to see, with how it was supposed to be set up in a way that all of them would be equal.  I've personally watched a plethora of ultimate and ultimate++ items fall in to the void, particularly running Spring Valley actually, so it's most definitely not a build choice as has been suggested in the past. 

Overall I'd consider this still mostly a QoL change that I'd really like to see added to at least the 4 new campaign maps and Spring Valley, it doesn't matter as much on Tomb of Etheria but eh, why not.

-I am fine with chicken, except the fact that you can get eggs on easy+ which I know they are now reducing. Seahorses should not be left best dps in game since the time to ult is so incredibly high. Minor nerf I would hope for, would still like it to be top end. 

-I agree with the void grab system. Odd to me it was implemented in only the requested maps, but not taken a look at the new maps. Omenak comes to mind as the big offender, but they all seem to have those points where items drop

-I am still getting intermittent crashes on all campaigns boosting on my tower boost monk. No special accessory set or any oddities, I am using the same gear pre update. I have not crashed once in my entire DD lifespan until I updated, and experienced now 5 map crashes. Incredibly frustrating and not much to report on my side what occured. Instantly froze and close. Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but for a 9900k and 2080.. nothing should happen. 

-Magus and Infested were great to see with new bosses. Rather unhappy to see on others we see the same bosses repeated, and especially with true boss rush. Not really something that was needed and by god we've killed these same bosses 1000x, no need for any more. Oh plus you can still trade any of the "untradeable" items. 

The update has been great alongside these points. Thoroughly enjoying it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...