Overlord's Charge vs Weisgram

Why does the charge hit harder than the weisgram? Ive actually tested side by side a 1200+ dmg weisgram vs a 1000+ charge and the charge hit alot harder per hit and that's not even comparing the charge-ups.

What's going on? is there something I am missing? I now have two clean really good staves with similar stats 1/29 and 1/30 similar base dmg and knockback etc but its 360 charged hit vs 535... wtf?

Please help!

If you respecced I guess that's the reason, otherwise I'm stumped. Print screens?

There have been other threads on this. Apprentice staffs are not behaving correctly. You can't tell how much dps an apprentice staff will do until you use it on the dummy because the stats on the weapon are not a good indicator.

Well here's a screen of the staves I am referring to, link;

And the previous 1200+ and 1000+ staves are gone now but yea totally confused how they work!!

@Shillen, if that's true then we are totally screwed!! I'm trying to build a good hero apprentice but how am I going to do that when they can't even get the stats right!?

@Shillen, if that's true then we are totally screwed!! I'm trying to build a good hero apprentice but how am I going to do that when they can't even get the stats right!?

You might try looking for the other threads. There was one really long one but I don't remember which 2 staves he was comparing. It could be just the halloween staff is bugged. I don't know.

I'm just looking at the stats of the weapon but it looks to me like the charge is going to give out more damage due to it's higher base damage, higher poison damage, and the fact that it has a bonus to hero attack damage. But i could just be off the beaten path and now know what's going on.

Majority of staffs dropped by mobs during rounds seem to have x2 multiplier on fully charged m1, and many challenge/mission rewards have x4, but i have no idea why some are better than others...

Found a thread using very different weapons showing vastly different damages!! this is crazy!! btw thanks Shillen

Link here

Still don't understand what's going on... even if the charge is different the weisgram has a higher charge up but at max charge it shouldn't make any difference since they are both capped? and I was only referring to physical damage not elemental and only referring to per projectile hit not all 5.

I noticed that when I pumped a weapon's damage, when the weapon had no elemental damage, it outmatched a weapon where i pumped non-elemental damage on a weapon with elemental damage to about the same amount as the previous. Not sure if this helps...

Well here's another question then, what's the best dps staff currently available due to this weird "bug" ?

If going for just DPS (aka elemental) its a 29 upg Draconis because you can get near 8k fire

For Phys damage it'll be a max upgrade Weisgram

If going for just DPS (aka elemental) its a 29 upg Draconis because you can get near 8k fire

For Phys damage it'll be a max upgrade Weisgram

Goblin overlord's charge is the best dps for tower apprentices. I can pull 30k dps and still get +17 tower attack speed.

Just get a 30-charge staff with multiple projectiles. Up the elemental damage. Profit.

The whole reason to go for insane DPS is to take out ogres and bosses quickly, and elemental damage does that. No one needs 100k DPS into mobs.