Sign in to follow this  
gcstephen13

No Point in Farming PRIME Incursions IMO

I love the fact you have a chance to Get a Fully Maxed our C8 weapon that’s awesome, but the odds of it being a good weapon is next to impossible. 

Its Just not worth my time, I don’t get any Motes or Crystals. So basically I’m wasting my time for a small chance to get a C8  weapon.

all the Reasons for  me not Farm or do them.

- No Motes 

- No Crystals 

- can’t sell the C8 weapons 

While I love getting an Extra HyperShard these maps are gonna be a one and Done.

Pros- 

-  I think the Difficulty scaling is just fine,  the 1% is already going to be able to beat these, just  except that . 

• Like 1

And you lose the c8 level of the weapon if you reset...so no point in getting them if you plan to reset...

For me, there are only the HS's.

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 1

When you think about it, there is no point in Onslaught once you have finished resets. Climbing to high floors is an ego thing, it doesn't progress you at all. Realistically, DD1 and DDA are the exact same way, once you finish a particular difficulty it's done forever because you can't gain anything more from it.

If you only ever think about things you can get from playing to make you stronger and not what fun you can have then there is no point playing games beyond a certain point. They are an entertainment industry, if you aren't having fun then what is the point?

I have played each of these multiple times finding different ways to do it while having fun and not just blazing through them using the meta to make them as boring as possible. How many players can even do these without getting carried by other players or by getting carried by overpowered mechanics? I think the players are creating the problem and you cant blame CG for problems you create. I can half blame them for letting the problem persist so in that way I can kind of see where they are at fault.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be honest, the C8 weapon isn't really worth it. One way or another, you are going to end up resetting or using a weapon you created with top tier mods as your true end game gear. 

The ampoules can be useful but you can also hoard C7 Amps and use Material Conversion to convert them to a c8, although it comes at the cost of 109 wins to meet the quota. I have only gotten 1 C8 Amp from Prime Incursions so far. The main reason to do Primes is to get that 2nd Hyper Shard.

With the assistance of Elemental Combos for the most part, you can also beat all the Primes without needing c8 equipment.

As for the game's difficulty, the real challenge destroyer was when they made it so Water can instantly drench on hit and added Petrify. This not only ruined the need for the Water Elemental, Drenching Strikes and Thunderstruck Shard and Geyser Traps, but they allowed it to be used with Shocking Revelation and that led to permastunning. Although Diminishing Returns added some edge, often your enemy was slain before the effect fully kicked in. Although they inevitably nuked the ability to combine the two servos again, people who did it before the countermeasure still have it (I happen to be one of them).  

Although Headstrong negated the combos, players either rerolled the map and tried to aim for a non-Headstrong or now use Poison Proton Beams with Earthshatters so if a Headstrong enters the beam, they are at least slowed. 

It also doesn't help that players are getting carried too easily. Although I admit I make pub Expeditions on Sundays while I watch wrestling (I run my combat sport stream services in window mode while DD2 also runs in Window mode so I can multitask), it does allow pretty much any Tom, Dick and Harry to get all the top rewards with little to no effort. I also only do it because a full house nets 99% increased XP + 6 more legendary items + speeds up the 10/10 timer.  If that incentive wasn't there, I'd just do private all the time.

Edited by ChrisH36
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, brokenwoody4 said:

What is this 10/10 timer you speak of?

Not a timer, but an increase in probability of getting a 10/10 mod given there are more mods dropped in 4 player matches (from victory chest).

The only 'timer' is the 10 hour active play for a guaranteed 10/10 mod if you haven't gotten one during those 10 hours. Or the pity 'timer' 286 re-roll.

I’ve given up farming any prime I’m just going after shards, that makes me a happy defender, then go to onslaught and grind cause I’m still a newbie, although as I climbed onslaught I find some lower floors are more difficult than higher floors I mean some of the mobs are unkillable but then a few floors up high lvl mobs die so easily, I still don’t get this but as long as I’m climbing I am a happy defender. Cheers.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jabberwock said:

demon's lair is the best map for gold farming though

Factoring the mats and items from normal maps, Drakenfrost Keep in C7 still holds best gold and XP to time ratio over all maps in the game

Edited by Exglint

The old Drakefrost has the best drops of everything and just for the fun of it don’t place any tower defence if you feel a little bit of challenge and just nuke everything but if you fell lazy just do the automation 

Posted (edited)

Prime Incursions and Ancient Power resets were not designed with the players' best interest in mind. Chromatic Games has no grasp on quality control. Weapons Manufacturer (WM) with Water Shard (WS)100% Tenacity should have been realised before it was released; should have been remedied long ago. The zest of DD2 seemed to have left shortly after The Lost Temple release. It took me taking a year-and-a-half off just to come back and enjoy the game. I feel fortunate that I do not have the WM/WS combo or else I would have to fight that temptation. I do not understand what satisfaction people get by copying and pasting builds in order to climb, or even desiring carries. Climbing onslaught without using METAs and combos immune to the game's intended design is gratifying... for now.

With all of the issues that DD2 has, unbalanced mechanics, and lack of quality control, I am disappointed in the people who backed the DDA kickstarter. You all straight up gave Chromatic Games a carte blanche runway. By your actions you said that all of the issues DD2 has are quite all right. Hey, do it again with DDA. Shame on us who do not have the tenacity to hold out for quality. Shame on you Chromatic Games for leaving a sub-par product out as an example of your work, an for having the audacity to ask the players whom you draw in for so long but havenot the knowledge for quality end-game, and then asking players to fund a kickstarter. I trusted that you would get the issues fixed. Back in 2017 when I was on floor 199 (no mods/guilded shards) I crashed/froze over 30 times before I hit floor 200. This was when the second place person was on floor 160 something - PS4. Marcos was flying on PC, Nigiri kept sending videos and constantly communicating issues, I kept a back-and-forth dialogue going with you all about how towers would not function, and you kept wanting video. Nigiri sent you all so much to work with and you weren't able to do a thing about it. Oh, but you kept taking money from those willing to purchase. Shut the game down for a week, resolve the issues. No communication, just constant devstreams that neglected console users completely ("...we're working on it). 

To this day, based off of the core design, DD2 is not designed for fluid multi-play yet it says that you can run 4 players per map. Chromatic Games you need to have a caution for those desiring to run more than one player on a map. 

Shame on you Chromatic Games for knowing about these issues the entire time and not knowing how to fix them, and then asking players for money in order to make another game. Work on your end-game before creating time-traps to lure people in.

Your Ancient Power reset strategy was a joke. Who's playing now that has 50+ resets? Hardly anyone, if anyone. You've bored them to death. Create raids, special loot, set bonus items to keep people wanting more. Get creative! Re-releasing another set of hypershards...one Prime a week, and it takes three Primes for a shard... excellent strategy. Way to be creative.

Edited by ArchaicLotus

What game do you play thats perfect archaiclotus ? DD2 is way better now than it was / i still play alot and i enjoy playing it 

Posted (edited)

I wasn't suggesting perfection, I was suggesting effort. When I mention that Chromatic Games was aware of issues with The Lost Temple back when it was first released, the long-standing issues and lack of resolution was my focus. Inability to resolve their issues with consoles.

The only time I was even considering perfection with this game was when you put the idea forth in the form of a question. I feel like their lack of quality control, coming up with an incredibly flawed Ancient Power system, and asking for a kickstarter were actions of disrespectful taste to the player-base. I enjoy DD2 more than any other tower defense game. That's why I'm disappointed.

Edited by ArchaicLotus

Yo I might be crazy, but I love the AP reset system.  I came back to this game a couple months ago, got to C7, floor 80, and i'm working on my 16th AP reset.  The game has a lot to do and I can plan and set goals.  I'm gonna do 30 AP resets, push to floor 250 ish, reset again with a big ascension jump and then push floors.  Along the way modding gear and guilding shards.  Everything is an option as I only did the primes to get destructive pylon, and have only done mastery to get destruction....maybe it's a time issue, as i think i would have completed at least the mastery if I had been playing this whole time.

• Like 1

I cant speak for him but i believe than the reasons around is probably the same..There is a bunch of reason why is flawed but basically for me is a time sink, not cost effective , not linear way of progression and as you are playing with the same type of things on floors the game becomes very boring/repetitive..Add the fact that you need to start from initial floors instead of continuing from the last achieved floor you gonna effectively play maybe as much of 400-500 extra floors to get 30 ap with restrictions of towers because of resource.

Wouldnt be so bad if you could have the possibility to essencially do reset by doing the 20-30 floors requirement from the last achieved floor (you would push floor while doing those things although would maybe be unballanced for the actual stage of the game with the grind to ch8), be able to get more than one ap power for a longer floor push and also the game had a progression system that involved boost the certain type of defenses existent (like perks/improvements) as you pass from certain floors numbers..

All in all it hurts more the game than helps atm..

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 9:05 AM, brokenwoody4 said:

Yo I might be crazy, but I love the AP reset system.  I came back to this game a couple months ago, got to C7, floor 80, and i'm working on my 16th AP reset.  The game has a lot to do and I can plan and set goals.  I'm gonna do 30 AP resets, push to floor 250 ish, reset again with a big ascension jump and then push floors.  Along the way modding gear and guilding shards.  Everything is an option as I only did the primes to get destructive pylon, and have only done mastery to get destruction....maybe it's a time issue, as i think i would have completed at least the mastery if I had been playing this whole time.

I am a Fan of Resets as well, I found it fun at first, but when I hit 23 or so I got burnt out hard but still pushed to 31. I just wish they gave us an unlockable after a Reset that can't be Reset ever( Like Black Ops) I love the game just wish there was small changes. 

1 - give us Motes and Crystals in Prime 

2- Give us special flare for every 100 floors in Onslaught.( Lots of Flare in the Casters Guild that no one has)Start it at floor 300.

3- Either boot anyone that climbed onslaught with the Water WM off the LeadeBoards when the change was made{ :classic_biggrin: )or give to it everyone. Make a choice. People knew it was not supposed to work or removed it themselves, Fix it.

Resets were a pain because it was literally the same thing over and over and over and over again. I started going crazy at 24, so I decided that was good enough and upgraded all my equipment.

DD2 was monetized very poorly primarily due to investors. Now that CG have full rights to the game, I am fairly confident they will set things right with DDA. Personally not a fan of the artstyle, but to each their own.

Now, if CG decided to put DDA as an epic exclusive or riddle the game with P2W microtransactions, then we would know for certain that they're in it for the money and not for the passion of making a game or the community. Those would really be the only scenarios where I'd genuinely 100% leave the community for good.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gigazelle said:

DD2 was monetized very poorly primarily due to investors. Now that CG have full rights to the game, I am fairly confident they will set things right with DDA

By this I assume you mean they didn't put desirable micros in the game thus making people not want to spend because the mtx we got had little to no impact on the gameplay. As an example, instead of putting in a booster for xp they decided to put a 5% bonus on AP which is way more powerful than a simple booster they could make money on, or a resource/mat booster which I am very confidant people would buy to cut the grind down.

Then by "Set things right" I assume you mean create a barrier to entry where people who refused to put in some money to even buy bags in DD2, can't or won't pay for DDA because it will most likely be more expensive than the bags of DD2?

Both assumptions because no detail was given on those two points that stuck out to me.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2019 at 10:50 AM, brokenwoody4 said:

What is this 10/10 timer you speak of?

If you accumulate 10 hours of DD2 play, then the game will give you a 10/10 servo or chip item at random. This timer counts down faster the more people you play with.

I don't mind the system since as I said, I host carries outside of C1 on Sundays or when I am watching the under/mid card to a promotion and the matches are boring.  My issue is that people rely heavily on the aid of people like me to get going and usually end up making their late game more difficult on themselves than it should be.

Edited by ChrisH36