Sign in to follow this  
brokenwoody4

End game content favors Solo play - possible easy fix

I have come back to DD2 very recently with a friend of mine.  We've been playing about 4 to 6 weeks and we are starting our AP resets.  I intend on pushing floors with him as a team, as our Ancient powers should offset the bonuses to the enemies, but since you can only stack a max of 2 people's Ancient power bonuses, you get punished for having a group larger than 2.

If you could stack everyone's Ancient Power bonuses, you could tackle higher level floors in onslaught.  This really would seem like a very a simple change, and could promote group play at high levels.  The way it is currently, with 2 people for example, your ancient power bonus to tower damage is 20%, offsets nicely with the 20% bonus health of the mobs.  With 4 people maxed on AP, you would still have 20% bonus tower damage, where the mobs have 60% health.  You still be at a disadvantage even if you could stack 4 people's AP to 40%, but I feel like it would be way more fun.

Let me know your thoughts.

It used to stack with 4 players. They changed it a while back to have double the power with the same max bonus, thus the 2 players. It will still stack 4 players worth if they together have equal to or less than the max bonus. The offset to multiplayer play is the bonus xp and legendary items.

Posted (edited)

I cannot imagine it running smoothly with 4 players on floors 250+. It (DD2) would be so incredible if it did. And I care not about DDA. Many are not getting it due to the lack of quality with DD2 for so long. Many companies shout, "it's free-to-play." That excuse can rot. Any game, free or not, reflects on the company. DD2, even with all of its issues was rated an 81 overall. I can't imagine if Chromatic did it right. It would probably be a 96.

Edited by ArchaicLotus

Posted (edited)

At release yes, there will be additional characters with DLC however. 

(Not sure if said DLC will be free or $ ) @brokenwoody4

About DD2 ancient power doesn't matter much . The worst is the debuff to CC time when having 3+ players. But yeah for pushing 1-2 is optimal, while farming is best done with 4 just for the increased loot / xp. 

If anything the biggest barrier to pushing as a group is the need to do every single floor. Meaning if you have time to play and manage to clear 1 floor more than your friend you then need to either redo it with him or wait for him. 

On that note prime incursions are great because it's easy to just dive in with friends. But prime are just too easy right now and not rewarding enough. 

Edited by Zombiewookie