Sign in to follow this  
Plane

Double circle slice

Squire circle slice often hits twice instead of once.  This is a bug.  It happens because you can cancel a regular attack animation into circle slice.  The regular animation timer keeps going during the circle slice, and at the time the animation would have ended, the sword is reset and becomes able to damage enemies a second time.

We could fix this, but squire doesn't need a nerf.  So instead of making it only hit once, we talked about making it so it ALWAYS hits twice.  The animation already looks like it hits twice, and it hits twice pretty often as it is (especially with slow swords, or in early game when all swords are slow), so it would actually be a pretty small change.  The biggest difference is that you'd be able to hit twice with fast swords like Obsidian Gladius, which is possible but very difficult right now.

This would be a buff, strictly speaking, but it wouldn't make a big difference overall.  It would make fast swords more viable on squire, though, which in my opinion would be nice.

Any thoughts?  We probably don't have a lot of time for feedback on the forums, but I wanted to see what the community thought about this idea.

• Like 2

This sounds great to me. Squire is probably my favorite dps hero, but the problem with this bug is that it stops you from using faster weapons because of the lost damage potential. I have found myself in situations having to use an Undertow because of the ease it provided when trying to double circle slice when I would have much rather used a Gladius. Having this change made would mean I would not be so cornered into using these slower weapons, I would actually be able to use what I want with less repercussion.  

• Like 1

I WOULD LOVE THIS. you can double circle slice with every weapon but you have to get the timing right, making it so you automatically doubles would be super great and make the tech a bit easier. It was always super hard watching my animations and double slicing during gameplay (not on a dummy) and i think this would be nice for the few people who play squire. not many people know that double circle slicing is a thing and i feel as though people would want play squire more even if theyre still not meta. Im all for this change.

Agree with every reason presented, especially with the animation looking like it already should hit twice. Opens squire up to more sword options. 100% support this change.

• Like 1

Fully support this. I love squire dps and this helps out for QOL since everyone already learns their weapon's timing to perform it as a "bug". Like chewy said, can use any squire weapon instead of being particular with your choice. Great idea to help get a few more people on board with squire.

• Like 1