Sign in to follow this  
dizzydiana

DDA Beta

I was wondering with the Beta being around 2 months away if we can have some general information.

1 Will the beta be with a Steam key or something else?

2 Will there be any controller support?

3 How long will the beta last?

4 How will we communicate bugs etc discord? Forum? Surveys?

5 Will there be online functionality?

6 Will split screen be available?

I understand from what has been said that the beta will be limited in content, but I hope we will still be able to test progression and loot to be able to give helpful feedback. I would hope that at least up to insane difficulty is included and at least a couple of maps able to do survival to the end wave. I feel it would be helpful to test the game where higher amounts of mobs are present and how it scales throughout the waves. 

• Like 1

If I am being honest, I think the Beta, if it's the only one, could be a little early.

Don't get me wrong, I want the Beta as soon as possible as I want to get my hands on some semblance of the game because I want to simply play it. Who doesn't?!

But if we are talking serious Beta, a closer release to the date means more of the game to actually be put through testing. Such as maps, later added features, modes, server stuff and all that. Basically what dizzydiana asked with content limitation is quite important for full and thorough testing.

Now, I'm not asking for a Beta shift. But how about a second stage closer to release? Or is that already going to be a thing?

In my mind, it's beta->early access->release. The beta/early access phase being potetially very long.

There are actually many other things in my mind, but they don't belong in tbis thread.

12 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

Wonder when the alpha build is functional...

I'm sure I could find a way to play the concept art...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/15/2019 at 12:49 PM, Jaws_420 said:

Wonder when the alpha build is functional...

Internal Alpha builds have been functional for a while now ;)

In regards to the rest of the beta questions...we're still working out all of the details. About a second stage / early release stage...we will definitely have some iteration for testing sometime between the "Beta" and the release. The details/extent of this round of testing will largely depend on the first round of Beta. It could be invite only, staff only, who knows.

• Thanks 2