I was wondering with the Beta being around 2 months away if we can have some general information.

1 Will the beta be with a Steam key or something else?

2 Will there be any controller support?

3 How long will the beta last?

4 How will we communicate bugs etc discord? Forum? Surveys?

5 Will there be online functionality?

6 Will split screen be available?

I understand from what has been said that the beta will be limited in content, but I hope we will still be able to test progression and loot to be able to give helpful feedback. I would hope that at least up to insane difficulty is included and at least a couple of maps able to do survival to the end wave. I feel it would be helpful to test the game where higher amounts of mobs are present and how it scales throughout the waves. 

• Like 1

If I am being honest, I think the Beta, if it's the only one, could be a little early.

Don't get me wrong, I want the Beta as soon as possible as I want to get my hands on some semblance of the game because I want to simply play it. Who doesn't?!

But if we are talking serious Beta, a closer release to the date means more of the game to actually be put through testing. Such as maps, later added features, modes, server stuff and all that. Basically what dizzydiana asked with content limitation is quite important for full and thorough testing.

Now, I'm not asking for a Beta shift. But how about a second stage closer to release? Or is that already going to be a thing?

In my mind, it's beta->early access->release. The beta/early access phase being potetially very long.

There are actually many other things in my mind, but they don't belong in tbis thread.

12 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

Wonder when the alpha build is functional...

I'm sure I could find a way to play the concept art...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/15/2019 at 12:49 PM, Jaws_420 said:

Wonder when the alpha build is functional...

Internal Alpha builds have been functional for a while now ;)

In regards to the rest of the beta questions...we're still working out all of the details. About a second stage / early release stage...we will definitely have some iteration for testing sometime between the "Beta" and the release. The details/extent of this round of testing will largely depend on the first round of Beta. It could be invite only, staff only, who knows.

• Thanks 2

On 10/27/2019 at 3:20 PM, Nebz said:

Hmm don't seem to be able to pre-order selecting my country (South Africa) :(

Hey Defender!

Because all of the pre-order goods available now are digitally delivered, you can set the shipping address to any address you'd like, since we won't actually be shipping anything (everything will arrive via e-mail). We had Shipping information required because we were selling T-Shirts but we have since sold out of them.

On 10/28/2019 at 9:29 PM, cg_kyled said:

Hey Defender!

Because all of the pre-order goods available now are digitally delivered, you can set the shipping address to any address you'd like, since we won't actually be shipping anything (everything will arrive via e-mail). We had Shipping information required because we were selling T-Shirts but we have since sold out of them.

Hi,
wait you sold out? I'm Confused, I'm an Etherian VIP and even paid the 30$ Shipping for the Shirt that is Included but did not get any Notification that something should be shipped to me. If I recall correctly, Support told me at the start of October that the Shirts will ship in spring next year. Did you Joink my 30$ and did not give me my shirt?

8 hours ago, Illiminator31 said:

Hi,
wait you sold out? I'm Confused, I'm an Etherian VIP and even paid the 30$ Shipping for the Shirt that is Included but did not get any Notification that something should be shipped to me. If I recall correctly, Support told me at the start of October that the Shirts will ship in spring next year. Did you Joink my 30$ and did not give me my shirt?

We only sold a limited number of T-shirts. They haven't been shipped yet but we're not accepting orders for more shirts. You will still get your shirt as we get closer to launch

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cg_kyled said:

We only sold a limited number of T-shirts. They haven't been shipped yet but we're not accepting orders for more shirts. You will still get your shirt as we get closer to launch

Aaaah,
ok, thanks. How about a Sticky Thread for the KS Backers with the Status of the Rewards for all Backer Tiers? I suggested that to you guys a while ago and someone of you told me that its a good idea and that you would create one. Did I miss that Thread or got the Idea canceled?

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 12:55 PM, Illiminator31 said:

Aaaah,
ok, thanks. How about a Sticky Thread for the KS Backers with the Status of the Rewards for all Backer Tiers? I suggested that to you guys a while ago and someone of you told me that its a good idea and that you would create one. Did I miss that Thread or got the Idea canceled?

I probably said I was going to do it, and I think I started but completely forgot. I will try and get one up later today.

EDIT: Posted here

• Like 2