Sign in to follow this  
dizzydiana

Tower Stacking

Tower stacking in DD1 is all too common and everyone knows it was not intended. I'd like to know if Chromatic has any plans to prevent tower stacking in DDA or if they will leave this exploit/glitch in? I may be in the minority but I want the ability to tower stack removed entirely from DDA.

• Like 1

I don't think we saw this on PS3 that i know...can you describe it a tad more? I'm just curious is all...fairly self-explanatory title and all...

There is a couple of glitches/exploits that allow you to place multiple towers on the same spot. This is used mainly to place almost all your towers on one buff beam to save DU. Many players regularly place 6+ Lightning strikes towers and a deadly strikes tower or more on a 4 du buff beam rather than have to use 2 or more buff beams. This was never intended to be possible, but was left unfixed by both Trendy(at the time) and the Community Development Team. I havent tried the glitch/exploit on the PS3 or Xbox360 version, so I am not sure if it works there. Since the console version is quite different from PC I am not even sure if it would have any merit even if it did work. If you are interested in an example of it in action 

Edited by dizzydiana
  • Thanks 1

I didn't even know that was possible until last week when I read about it when checking some guides. Stacking towers is really silly but I would actually like to be able to somewhat stack minions in DDA if the summoner and EV were to eventually return. One of the most annoying thing I've experienced playing DD1 is making sure everything is affected by your buff beam. I've been playing DD1 again and it's painfully hard to have a spider and mage side by side both be affected by a buff beam. I used stacking for the first time yesterday just to have them both on top of each other instead of going through the trouble of having them both be affected normally. You can move them closer to each other manually after placing them but that's really not something I would like to try and do on ps4.

Edited by Windex
  • Like 1

Minions for PS4 shouldnt be too bad as I already use controller to place them on DD1. It is a little more fiddly than using keyboard and mouse (selecting units is annoying and the mini map placing doesnt seem to work for me) but otherwise I am pretty quick. It is allot easier to move and place lots of minions on a 4 DU buff beam without stacking than towers. I'd imagine that since they are upscaling game from the Switch that if the summoner was to return it will be improved upon from how it currently works for controller. I just dont want to see the ability to throw like 15 towers on ONE 4 DU buff beam with stacking. 

Edited by dizzydiana

1 hour ago, Thorgonator said:

That explains why it wasn't present on ps3. I don't recall the ps3 version ever getting any DLC characters.

Yeah, we got the DLC stages with new enemy units and bosses (spider stage, djinn stage, shark stage, sky stage), and then we lastly got a Crystalline stage. No heroes. We had a handful of events too with great weapons, but the level cap shifts made almost all of those worthless later apart from pride of obtaining them.

The level cap bumps are what i disliked the most because all that wonderful gear i had became instantly obsolete, and that was a HUGE downer to me...wish the gear could have been simply upgraded to the next tier as in DD2. That was a major factor in my DD1 reduction of playing apart from boredom, lack of good multiplayers, and when the sever was shut down obviously. 

I hope i am remembering that all correctly. Was so long ago now.

This was probably an engine problem in DD1 that wouldn't be in DDA to begin with since Chromatic is using an entirely new engine.

That being said the way to make sure it never happens is to hard limit the number of towers a buff beam can buff per DU.