Sign in to follow this  
Piki

Weekly Prime Maps

Been playing this game for quite a bit but I never made my own "complain" post before to my knowledge, and I think its time I did. This whole system for adding a prime or map per week is one of the dumbest thing you guys have ever done. This feels like an old Trendy decision instead of the "new" Chromatic. Just a cheap way to get people to come back and one shot the maps then leave again. I didn't mind the Mastery per week because you guys actually did an event for that which was nice. Someone on discord made a good point on we wont get to fully experiment with the 2 sets of Hyper Shards and all the other goodies because the last map release is right around the corner of DDA beta release.

I will say though I'm excited for DDA, however I will not fall for the trap again and overhype it. I feel for you Chromatic. I've been here since the beginning and I know all the shit DD2 has went through over the years with its struggles, different hands touching the game, and the drastic changes it went through. I do hope though for the future of Chromatic and DDA and eventually DD3 you guys don't rely on these cheap ways for content.

TL:DR weekly maps = bad decision 

• Like 1

I understand spacing them out, only if the reason for it has anything to do with needing coding time to get out the rest. Then again, you could argue - why release at all before fully done. The spacing does get me coming back for a few weeks, but as mentioned in this thread, the lack of a tandem event or special rewards don't help the cause. Feels like a way to keep you playing just long enough to quit to DDA on release, if you have PC or switch that is...

My biggest issue thus far is the maps feel to me as having poor replayability. Mostly due to the drops. It doesn't feel as if any drop rates improved, so it feels like back to "play this map 288 times if you want 1 great drop", and in the meantime everything else you get is subpar. I am super glad about more hypershards, but only as long as i don't reset because that is taken away from us in that mode by being price prohibitive. 

I guess what i really want from this game is a mode thar makes ALL loot matter. I am bored to tears of leafing through pages and pages and PAGES of worthless sell instantly gear. I miss the days when all loot gained was exciting. Maybe why i am so jazed for BL3 to drop in a couple weeks. New weapons on prime maps is a great idea, but i haven't seen a single one yet...

So I'll just end with - extremely underwhelming rewards are eroding my enjoyment of the prime maps, and i feel a high lack of replayability on them. Hit it, get HS, then quit it...and right now, that is not what i needed from DD2. I need a fresh grind that ups the fun of running in the hamster wheel to keep me going. I really hope prime maps are not the entirety of DD2's end game modes.

• Like 3

Isn’t the incentive to get various weapons some with specific stats etc. What more do you want ?  Personally I’m glad is one a week something to look forward to. Although I would preferred 3 a week lol. 

18 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Isn’t the incentive to get various weapons some with specific stats etc. What more do you want ?  Personally I’m glad is one a week something to look forward to. Although I would preferred 3 a week lol. 

The bows absolutely suck, although the other weapons are alright I only concern myself with the bows and burst shot is really bad. My c7 double shot out-dpses that and has more chances to proc stuns, I instantly sell all the bows I find bc I really dont want to look at them. 

Also less xp, less items and no materials (especially the no materials one) makes these map really unrewarding to play after you got your hypershards.

Still, im excited to beat betsy a few times and then move on to dda, but please let us have some cool bows soon CG!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Switchblade said:

Those weapons are just reskins of weapons we could already obtain before the patch. I personally wanted this patch to have more replay ability or give us drops to beat floor 950+. I know all the maps are not out yet so I don't know how hard they will be, but honestly my guess is all of them will be afk if you know what you're doing. Other then Power Surge. I know Chromatic worked hard on this update and didn't want to put more resources into it cause of DDA, but its still a half ass update in my eyes. The fact that these maps barely drop any loot, no motes, no clusters, absolutely nothing.

Edited by Piki
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Piki said:

Those weapons are just reskins of weapons we could already obtain before the patch. I personally wanted this patch to have more replay ability or give us drops to beat floor 950+. I know all the maps are not out yet so I don't know how hard they will be, but honestly my guess is all of them will be afk if you know what you're doing. Other then Power Surge. I know Chromatic worked hard on this update and didn't want to put more resources into it cause of DDA, but its still a half ass update in my eyes. The fact that these maps barely drop any loot, no motes, no clusters, absolutely nothing.

Well, loads of chaos 8 amps to upgrade your gear gotten 15 so far and only handful of maps  per day and the opportunity to get two of every hyper shard. 

I would say that this definitely gives you the scope to gain higher levels in onslaught. 

Plus the weapons are chaos 8 5/5 

feels like they are actively preparing you for harder to content ahead. 

Edited by Switchblade

2 hours ago, Switchblade said:

Well, loads of chaos 8 amps to upgrade your gear gotten 15 so far and only handful of maps  per day and the opportunity to get two of every hyper shard. 

I would say that this definitely gives you the scope to gain higher levels in onslaught. 

Plus the weapons are chaos 8 5/5 

feels like they are actively preparing you for harder to content ahead. 

We have different opinions on "harder content". From what i gathered playing onslaught and knowledge of people who have climbed higher then me is that you can get to around floor 400-500 without any c8 gear at all, maybe even higher if you tried. Also for the 5/5 C8 Weapons, that doesn't boost your  map  beating chances as much as people might think. By this time you have plenty of c8 amps to get some gear going at least 1/5 is all you need for the mods. That can probably carry you all the way to floor 900ish honestly. I was too gullible when I read that this update was going to be a "End Game" type of patch. This update to sum it up is just to help the noobs that don't wanna do mastery.  C8 amp drop is nice and all but like I said previous post, these maps don't drop the materials we need 5/5 our c8 gear.  You can argue by saying just farm the other maps for said mats, however that grind is also horrible. Even playing with an alt farming clusters will take along time. The population is also too low for people to be selling them constantly. The biggest issue I see with people and onslaught is time. Yeah you're correct on this update is preparing people for the lower end of onslaught but thats not the major issue. The issue is people straight up don't like onslaught. And for the people that do and want to climb passed 960+ this update is irrelevant.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Piki said:

... give us drops to beat floor 950+.

... its still a half ass update in my eyes. The fact that these maps barely drop any loot, no motes, no clusters, absolutely nothing.

Onslaught is supposed to be endless so I dont think CG wants us to go past 950.

Maybe not half-assed, just lack-luster when it comes to the farming potential we would expect from "endgame" content. At least I think a few of these maps will be more fun to play than expeditions or grinding onslaught for days (counted in number of hrs) just to get to that same difficulty.

• Like 1

There is a lot that could be talked about this prime incursion..You can focus in the design part, the fact that nothing really new was created but just something was ajusted to a certain degree of scale , the choice of use a schedules just based in ch7 with emp kobolts,hex throwers is both lame and also almost force you to do the toxic meta of auras soon or later (Primes 5 onward will probably be undoable if you not resort to use them) as well of not taking the opportunity to create a special ch8 enemies at least to make the mode introduce them, lack of miniboss appearance so far..

Your point of no loot to help with the upgrades for 5/5 ch8 stands out like the big problem.

No pristine motes or pristine cluster makes this game mode have no replayability.Pristine mote at least would help in general because now its used for everything.

I played yesterday the malthius and just felt empty the map with the major issue for me being the same schedules..The thing than hold my interest and maybe for others is the scale(for testing),hyper shard and the mechanics of those incursions.

• Like 1