Cry0_

Demon Lord softlocking the game

Will this be fixed?

P.S. I know you just have to not hit him too hard, I'm just testing something :)

Have you played it at all? Do you understand how the Demon Lord incursion works? Do you know what softlocking means?

There are always 3 waves, and you can only do up to a certain amount of damage to the Demon Lord before he will become invulnerable again and the wave will end. Fixing the softlocking issue will not change this. 

Softlocking is when you are placed in an inescapable state from which you cannot progress. When you hit the Demon Lord with a hit too powerful, he softlocks the match, forcing players to purposefully sell their defenses to restart the map, because that's literally the only thing you can do at that point.

If this bug is fixed, then players won't have to restart just because they hit the Demon Lord a little bit too hard. Currently, if any player uses a nuke monk swing, or something like a dragolich, or a powerful ability, or anything that deals too much damage at once, everyone has to restart the game. You're saying that this bug shouldn't be fixed?

4 minutes ago, Cry0_ said:

You're saying that this bug shouldn't be fixed?

Yes, they should fix nuke monk first Kappa

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Exglint said:

Yes, they should fix nuke monk first Kappa

Damn lol speedy reply. The thing I was testing didn't work, so I'm using another way. Also yeah nuke monk should be dialed back, but they're probably not gonna ever do it. Also why can't you delete your own post smh. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Martin Arcainess said:

To be fair a attack so OP that soft locks a boss with that much health needs dialing back :p

so what happens when you super whack him?

It's not just nuke monk, there are many things that can soft lock Demon Lord, such as gunwitch ice needle, starfall, chi blast, etc. Guaranteed to happen if you use something like a dragolich too. Although yes, Nuke Monk should be dialed back regardless. 

When you hit him too hard his HP bar freezes, and you can't damage him any further, forcing everyone in the match to have to sell their defenses and restart the map. 

Haven't had a soft-lock during this incursion, I can test it out when I get home. Just to clarify, you did so much damage to the Demon Lord that it stop taking damage? How many times have you use the catapult? How long did the game last?  

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 4:08 AM, Cry0_ said:

It's not just nuke monk, there are many things that can soft lock Demon Lord, such as gunwitch ice needle, starfall, chi blast, etc. Guaranteed to happen if you use something like a dragolich too. Although yes, Nuke Monk should be dialed back regardless. 

When you hit him too hard his HP bar freezes, and you can't damage him any further, forcing everyone in the match to have to sell their defenses and restart the map. 

Sounds like maybe, since its 3 waves you knock his HP back so much it thinks its in wave 3/3 where it should be 2/3.

So like skiping a HP Phase.