MrPeterPFL

Prime: Power Surge Incursion

6 hours ago, Thorgonator said:

Oh god, I just remembered that there will be Kobolts. Kobolts in power surge that are probably going to be level 40000 or so (Malthius mobs were about 36000, so that seems about right). I am really gonna have to make sure to find a couple competent players on ps4. Maybe surged WMs will be enough.

That, and prepare for the endless barrage of carry requests. It's already bad, but surge is going to make it worse. I already can barely check shops without being buried in party requests and PMs for prime incursions. Might even have to turn off PMs for a while.

LOL, yeah i turned off all messages after that ps4 attack/virus thing a while back, and have happily left it off ever since. Best thing i ever did since ditching my mic. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

LOL, yeah i turned off all messages after that ps4 attack/virus thing a while back, and have happily left it off ever since. Best thing i ever did since ditching my mic. 

I don't recall there being a virus that worked through messages, but I've never opened a link through a psn message anyway. But I've met too many people I enjoy playing with to want to turn off pms. This one will be an exception, though. There's gonna be a flood of begging for carries from people who don't realize that this mission isn't something that a solo builder will be able to easily do. Even if it does turn out to be doable solo, I definitely wouldn't want to do it. Even soloing the c5 version is a pain in the ass with all that running around.

• Like 1

Anyone played this power surge on prime that come out??

All this sense of danger over the possibility of this being a gated map but is a very easy map..Enemies seems to have less resistance than normal and dmg.

Disappointing.

17 minutes ago, DanielMenezes2 said:

Anyone played this power surge on prime that come out??

All this sense of danger over the possibility of this being a gated map but is a very easy map..Enemies seems to have less resistance than normal and dmg.

Disappointing.

Shush until I've had chance to play it omg

38 minutes ago, uzar said:

it was pretty easy , your defense get a boost to remember 

I never realised than this was a thing untill you mentioned now..Yeah, a sv that i use have 7,13m t5 become 13,1m t5.

I played a tg with 4 player and felt ridiculously underwhelming with the spawn hero that was using with ordinary builds..So i tried solo and i won with no major difficulty..

I would go as far to say than is harder to win c5 power surge with basic ch7 stuffs than this one..The lack of mass assasins made way easier.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 8:17 PM, Little Magic Hat said:

That's how we used to play it before Trials.

Except when people learned that World Tree didn't despawn XD

ROFL They didn't even fix the World Tree bug XD

Its not really a bug as it allows the Dryad to be used on the map. As it requires the tree for everything and having to build a tree and something was much more restrictive then other heroes is my understanding. 

On 9/3/2019 at 9:04 AM, Little Magic Hat said:

Mystic should be obvious with her AOE permanent confusion. No idea about Abyss Lord o_O

What’s AOE MEANS 

4 hours ago, Neoneo said:

What’s AOE MEANS 

Area of effect. 

@uzar really? Doesn't sound like something Trendy would do. Plus I'm sure I don't need to point out how easy it makes the map... 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 5:54 PM, DanielMenezes2 said:

I never realised than this was a thing untill you mentioned now..Yeah, a sv that i use have 7,13m t5 become 13,1m t5.

I played a tg with 4 player and felt ridiculously underwhelming with the spawn hero that was using with ordinary builds..So i tried solo and i won with no major difficulty..

I would go as far to say than is harder to win c5 power surge with basic ch7 stuffs than this one..The lack of mass assasins made way easier.

How did you do it by yourself?!? I tried it and cried xD I eventually did it with the help of 2 others and the World Tree lool 

A good question to ask may be for those who are having no issues - how many ap resets that person has done (or how many skill points added to tree). That way others could gauge how close they are to that person in total power output. 

I'm about as strong as you can get with no resets, so i am curious to see how my towers do on this new map. Once i give it a whack, I'll post my results.

However, BL3 early release tonight...so might be distracted for a bit. LOL

1 hour ago, MrPeterPFL said:

How did you do it by yourself?!? I tried it and cried xD I eventually did it with the help of 2 others and the World Tree lool 

Two layers of trees with each line with 3 of them..They are weak with just fortification not gilded and 29 points in health for the tree..its was around 6,5m hp.

I was surprised than they tanked enough.Aside from the 5st wave that i lost a lot in the left side was a avg of one per phase in each lane.

Probably was the sv that was cleaning fast enough to keep intact them for more time but it doesnt feel to me than the tree was getting one shot by nothing and i had a poor one..The fact than the tree was in front was protecting the sv from any kobolt kamikaze explosion that could disable.

Placing two sv in each lane was enough for the time than those were placed.

22 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

A good question to ask may be for those who are having no issues - how many ap resets that person has done (or how many skill points added to tree). That way others could gauge how close they are to that person in total power output. 

I'm about as strong as you can get with no resets, so i am curious to see how my towers do on this new map. Once i give it a whack, I'll post my results.

However, BL3 early release tonight...so might be distracted for a bit. LOL

Take this as estimate: I played to floor 273 with no reset or ch8 improvements..I stopped for my own reason but i could had reached 320-330 from wht i was experiencing.

In the matter than you a letting me believe we were in the same spot if comparing so maybe you could had done the same..Just by perspective if had to keep playing floor and was with one schedule of ch7 and no mutators like those primes that alone would jump to 400/450 floor, maybe 500+ :classic_biggrin:..That i would assume that is the general spot for a non reset player against the prime incursions.400/450

Is hard to predict that is possible or not because i dont know the scale but essencially defenses get way stronger by default (exp trap) since you dont need to worry about a lot of stuffs from onslaught and its pretty shallow to beat a ch7 schedule when the meta is auras despite any incursion mechanics(maybe not betsy if the debuff aura is not countered by tenacity).

You can use your hero to cc and maybe they release the 2st mass destruction early, further improving the power potential of your stuffs.

I played the malthius incursion with 4 players and the cannon ogre had around 480m..I have my doubts than even in the althar of athame (5/1) will reach 1b with 4 players let alone playing solo with extra du per phase and less scale to be unbearable soon.

• Thanks 1

Soloing this prime was distracting....cannon ogres. The hyper-shard for this should have been Mass Destruction and not Thunderstruck, even though Thunderstruck is nice. Daniel I'm glad you stopped climbing without AP reset. I also have no Ancient Powers can now climb and hold the record for highest no-AP-reset floor reached on all platforms.

People say this, people say that...records are records and I enjoy breaking and making them

Edited by ArchaicLotus

11 hours ago, ArchaicLotus said:

Soloing this prime was distracting....cannon ogres. The hyper-shard for this should have been Mass Destruction and not Thunderstruck, even though Thunderstruck is nice

Mass is the only good Hyper that two can actually be a benefit, it should be last. Also Thunderstruck is pure trash tier.

11 hours ago, ArchaicLotus said:

I also have no Ancient Powers can now climb and hold the record for highest no-AP-reset floor reached on all platforms

I would love to see this because you have a long way to go since someone is already very high up with that restriction

Edited by Exglint
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ArchaicLotus said:

Soloing this prime was distracting....cannon ogres. The hyper-shard for this should have been Mass Destruction and not Thunderstruck, even though Thunderstruck is nice. Daniel I'm glad you stopped climbing without AP reset. I also have no Ancient Powers can now climb and hold the record for highest no-AP-reset floor reached on all platforms.

People say this, people say that...records are records and I enjoy breaking and making them

I was trying to play as much unmeta as possible on that time to the point that was hurting me sometimes..Mystic as a hero.Only the wm of drench/stun and the fissure for some frosty lanes with no other auras like lsa,flame aura, proton beam or reflect beam which people use a lot atm.

My main was sv with a pylon of a coil and using other avg/good defenses like pdt,ramster,balista,exp traps and oil geyser ..if in your own restriction is allowed to use ch8, the max c8 relic is equivalent for a 999 ap def power boost.Aside from the full frosty goblin two schedules (moby gallery and frosty lane) i wasnt getting out runned by others stuffs.

All that left to me is this prime incursion that looks like will take untill october to actually start to have high risk of mobs passing from my defenses as i upped my sv to c8 max and 999 asc after i did 5 reset for the ap def pow.

I believe than after they release the mass destruction will increase so much the cap for pow in a map that finally someone will reach floor 999 and with no ap i dont even know wht is the better ranked now so i cant predict anything.

Would be a good thing if you or anyone try to reach a high rank by extracting the best of wht there is avaliable but just about thinking of the time taked to do it's not worthed.

Yeah I'm not doing META. If I were to copy and paste then I would feel useless. I did not AP reset because it's a waste of time in the end. Your posts describe nice set ups. I use a primary Dryad build (I hear a lot of complaints about her, but she's working just fine) because she's devastating in corrupt form. Mod/shard combos have to be precise. Supporting towers have to be balanced perfectly.

META = everyone is the same. I am not a fan of that. I took a year off and have been grinding off and on for upgrades upon my return. It's hard to stay interested with life in perpetual motion.

It isn't as bad as you think.

The only real difference outside of the Chaos 7 roster is that towers last 25 seconds instead of 35.

However, due to a programming oversight, WORLD TREES ARE IMMUNE TO THE MAP'S EFFECT

All you really need to do is plant a few World Trees tightly and then have 3-4 builders with at least 1 hero be able to DPS the bosses and then flood the map with Auras, Traps or Defenses behind the tree so they dont get targeted by Kobolts. When the enemy count is 50-60 enemies left or so, stop building and clean up the forces with your DPS hero as you will need the mana for the next wave. The biggest enemy threat is Snooki (Lady Orcs) as they can OHKO the Cart and Pump + do considerable damage even to Barbarians.

My World Tree with a 10/10 Fortification/Hardened/Protective Downgrade that I used from my Spike Blockade had well over 13M HP, takes 47% less damage when it's life goes below 20% and when it gets destroyed beyond Rank 1, it repairs most of it's life. I also have about 600+ points in Defense Life and used C7 10/10 items.

The reward for Prime 3 isn't really that good (Thunderstruck), but if you want to farm Primes, you'd be better off farming Prime 2 as all 3 of the maps are very doable and the gimmicks are easily contained by a strong SGT.

Edited by ChrisH36

2 hours ago, ChrisH36 said:

However, due to a programming oversight, WORLD TREES ARE IMMUNE TO THE MAP'S EFFECT

It is not an oversight, this a completely intentional mechanic. This was brought up way back in the day as an issue and they said its intentional because otherwise Dryad would have a hard time playing the map.

2 hours ago, ChrisH36 said:

The biggest enemy threat is Snooki (Lady Orcs) as they can OHKO the Cart and Pump

Those are Berzerkers. Lady Orcs only exist in a few places including the Forest Poachers map and the Bastile Master boss. They are two different enemies.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2019 at 6:57 PM, Exglint said:

It is not an oversight, this a completely intentional mechanic. This was brought up way back in the day as an issue and they said its intentional because otherwise Dryad would have a hard time playing the map.

Even if it isn't an oversight, it turned the map from 10 to 1 on the difficulty scale as all one needs to do is basically do what I did with my World Trees and turn them into 8 digit HP fat tanks. 

It also isn't super difficult to slap down a World Tree and then a few Hornet Nests and you can get that done within like 2-3 seconds if your reflexes are fast.

On 9/17/2019 at 6:57 PM, Exglint said:

Those are Berzerkers. Lady Orcs only exist in a few places including the Forest Poachers map and the Bastile Master boss. They are two different enemies.

You should also be aware that literally some to most of the forum and player base calls them that as well? It tends to be a synonym. Arguing semantics isn't accomplishing anything.. Not to mention this isn't exactly the topic on hand.

Edited by ChrisH36

On 8/30/2019 at 2:17 PM, Little Magic Hat said:

That's how we used to play it before Trials.

Except when people learned that World Tree didn't despawn XD

Yup used World Trees...put all over the maps