MrPeterPFL

Prime: Power Surge Incursion

Posted (edited)

If Prime Incursion are just previous Incursions with more health enemies, I really fear Power Surge Incursion. I play solo and I don't want to run around like a headless chicken during this Incursion. 

Edited by MrPeterPFL
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MrPeterPFL said:

If Prime Incursion are just previous Incursions with more health enemies, I really fear Power Surge Incursion. I play solo and I don't want to run around like a headless chicken during this Incursion. 

That's how we used to play it before Trials.

Except when people learned that World Tree didn't despawn XD

• Haha 1

Yeah, that's gonna be a tough one. I feel for people who will be playing it alone. Even the normal version is a pain in the ass to do alone. 

• Like 1

Finding 1-3 competent DD2 players to play that map is harder than finding PS4 on DDA launch...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

tbh, I never had any trouble with power surge. I just run around with my squire putting tons of ballistas, coming back to 1rst lane, sell them all b4 they despawn, put some new, rince and repeat. Never had any problems. Obviously they have sploody harpoon shards, destruction and attack range shards, piercing servos, melee boom and attack rate mod, making them beasts that just wreck everything with ease. 

Running around like a headless chicken makes the game fun again with a little hint of frustration, oh yea did I mention about the assasin they are always around too to make your game interesting. Have fun, guys, I do wish that they added more difficulty on the game though.

On the difficulty level this will be on, DAs will OHK you most likely...and you will have Zerks, so better def than just ballistas or auras will prob be needed...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

On the difficulty level this will be on, DAs will OHK you most likely...and you will have Zerks, so better def than just ballistas or auras will prob be needed...

Not to mention, there's probably going to be kobolts/zappers too since the previous primes is having them. 

• Sad 1

I dont understand the reason for warning over this map..The demon's lair just gave the indication than maps that need hero activity will have way lower hp scalling/dmg than others than dont and this map is one of those..Is possible to win with two tower combination but they are from different heroes, even still its a map that you can overlap with defenses and sell and place constantly..Taking more in consideration that you will use defenses in tier 1 and its a map with 3 lanes,2 flyers.

Just two players that will stick to place the according defenses in time and dont allow the sub core to be destroyed will make this almost as easy than demons lair.(depending of the pow of those defenses)

I hope for the sake of the game im wrong and things are more aligned with everyone says because its a one time map so would make you work for the win..

Mystic and abyss lord will be good heroes to play actively and maybe taiser suit will have a better utility than usually have.

1 hour ago, DanielMenezes2 said:

Mystic and abyss lord will be good heroes to play actively

Why these two specifically?

18 hours ago, Exglint said:

Why these two specifically?

They are imo strong cc heroes that is not much used because in this game is more about boss killing heroes..

The call to madness is the best ability in this game.I use mystic and i can say that if her dmg with hero dmg was maybe 25-30% higher, she would be also a reasonable good boss killer with anti miniboss chip..

Abyss lord i dont know about him but looking at the fact than abyss fountain heals and can reduce dmg , the new accesible ch8 shards that buff him and he can spam the abyss knight almost constantly make him very good..There is others heroes with cc ability but usually cant use constantly..

Its not like someone will build for this map but they are better than generally is for this map.

In terms of DPS, you could easily hold this map with a few GWs and/or Barbs, without having to place a single def or even move much. The issue is finding even one other competent person to help though. Much like DD1 Zippy Terror, this map works best with a team, where you have 1 builder, and 1-3 support players catching stragglers and providing mana.

Playing alone or with unhelpful others will require a deeper strategy. This will not be on C5, so past strategies may hold no water to the new enemy schedules and power levels, especially if you have others join and jack up the stats. Also, current primes should be much easier then the prime this will release on, so just because you can beat a P1 map, does not make you ready.

Given you will have tough Zerks on this map, along with Cyborks, and air lanes, placing massive amounts of only 1 def alone will be a tough layout to win with IMO. 

I would imagine you will need to put up some trees on each lane as insurance, mostly for zerks and cybork attacks that get through. Keeping air lanes suppressed will depend on what hero you use, but this cannot be ignored as air lanes can quickly become a problem if left unchecked. DAs will be a very big deal, and knowing how to instantly remove them, with disappearing resources, will be key. Even surviving a couple DA hits is paramount as you cannot aford to spend 6+ sec dead if you are the builder. 

That makes things tough as you need a hero tough enough to live, and quick enough to build - which is not something one hero usually can do both of...well at least.

IMO a good team or crazy OP gear are your best bets. I think this will be by far one of the toughest maps, sans any bugs (i.e. map locking). I can easily beat the C7 incursions, heck all incursions, easier than this 1 C5 one, so a prime version will likely be formidable. 

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 2

I agree with what Jaws has said, I don't think Abyss or Mystic are the go to heroes here unless CG surprises us with a balance pass to Monk and Barb, who most undoubtedly rule over dps and CC respectively. The only part I wonder about is the trees, this could be scaled so high that trees only buy you 1 second because they get one shot (as blockades do in Onslaught which is why we don't use them) and 1 second may be the difference but is very unlikely.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Exglint said:

I agree with what Jaws has said, I don't think Abyss or Mystic are the go to heroes here unless CG surprises us with a balance pass to Monk and Barb, who most undoubtedly rule over dps and CC respectively. The only part I wonder about is the trees, this could be scaled so high that trees only buy you 1 second because they get one shot (as blockades do in Onslaught which is why we don't use them) and 1 second may be the difference but is very unlikely.

Great point on the trees. I wonder if adding some shield guard shards and focus on high hp will help, since you only need this tree as a barricade and not actually helping any Dryad layout. I mean i have 3 Dryads, and only 1 tree is all spec'd out, do i could roll 1 tree just for this task. There is a ton of unused DU on this stage usually, especially if you are able to sell stuff before it vanishes, so maybe lay down a whole freaking forrest of trees....might help...maybe... You are dead on about that 1 sec too. DA kills ya...watching that timer tick down as a miniboss heads for the crystal....ahhhh! LOL

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Exglint said:

Abyss lord may be a little off for the pace of the game but mystic can cast two call to madness if there is enough cooldown reduction..Dps seems like is a consensus than they have a better one but CC nothing is better than a lock mob ability like Call to madness..Out of those two, Monk seems better because at least can build something.

Jaws made a lot of valid points and that may give a hint than you need at least two players to win if the scale is high..This only because the schedule probably will be different with hex throwers and emp kobolt than in c5.

This may become a gated map as no one will want to replay and you need a resoanable skill with timing.

13 hours ago, DanielMenezes2 said:

Abyss lord may be a little off for the pace of the game but mystic can cast two call to madness if there is enough cooldown reduction..Dps seems like is a consensus than they have a better one but CC nothing is better than a lock mob ability like Call to madness..Out of those two, Monk seems better because at least can build something.

Jaws made a lot of valid points and that may give a hint than you need at least two players to win if the scale is high..This only because the schedule probably will be different with hex throwers and emp kobolt than in c5.

This may become a gated map as no one will want to replay and you need a resoanable skill with timing.

I can't remember but is there a cooldown on swapping heroes in this mode? Because my Mystic defences aren't up to scratch and I need to swap heroes to put a solid defence down. I may possibly have to stick with the Monk and spam FA & LSA

I wonder if those with crazy high ap reset bonuses will even break a sweat on these prime maps... Any of you that fit that description - did you struggle at all with P1 or P2 maps? Apart from demon bug of course. 

7 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

I wonder if those with crazy high ap reset bonuses will even break a sweat on these prime maps... Any of you that fit that description - did you struggle at all with P1 or P2 maps? Apart from demon bug of course. 

Without mutators I can't see how anyone with endgame stuff using the meta would ever lose other than to the mechanics of the incursion itself. Also I don't think the Ancient Powers have a huge sway when considering strength of heroes or defenses, it will mostly be about talent caps (And the ability to fill those ie. high asc) and gear's chaos tier. 

Demon Lord never bugged for me and I have not had even a slight issue with the first two groups without using any of the stun meta.

• Like 1

I agree, floor level mob wise its around 200 ish but as Exglint points out without the mutators of onslaught I don't think people will struggle until near the end of primes. Lots of folks with no AP have gone into and past floor 300 ( with Mutators )  that I know of and even that its more about pure ascension level and proper defenses then Ap resets. I am not sure where the Talent Cap threshold will be or even if its a factor with CC effects.

On 9/3/2019 at 8:08 PM, Jaws_420 said:

Given you will have tough Zerks on this map, along with Cyborks, and air lanes, placing massive amounts of only 1 def alone will be a tough layout to win with IMO. 

Where have the Cyborks come from? They're not in any of the primes so far???

I'm rebuilding my Barbie in case the mystic Cc isn't sufficient with the players available in public matches. 

Edited by Little Magic Hat

Oh god, I just remembered that there will be Kobolts. Kobolts in power surge that are probably going to be level 40000 or so (Malthius mobs were about 36000, so that seems about right). I am really gonna have to make sure to find a couple competent players on ps4. Maybe surged WMs will be enough.

That, and prepare for the endless barrage of carry requests. It's already bad, but surge is going to make it worse. I already can barely check shops without being buried in party requests and PMs for prime incursions. Might even have to turn off PMs for a while.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1