Sign in to follow this  
brokenwoody4

Inventory Management

Anyway we can get an option to have inventory management during waves?  Something we could allow or not as the party leader?

Maybe a mobile app for inventory management?

• Like 1

This is a subject that has come up many times over the past few years. CG (as Trendy in the past) has said technical issues and the playerbase is split half and half on the idea because it helps those that want to use what could be afk time to organize but the other half knows that it will distract players when they are needed to help actually complete the wave. Personally, Im against the idea because I organize outside of maps or during the first build phase every 5-10 maps and as builder in 99% of the maps Im in that means everyone else has even more time to do it while I do and while I build.

• Like 2

Personally I say a bad idea. Wouldn’t wanna lose a map because an AFK inventory sorter fails to catch that pesky lady orc. 

Should be helping clear the waves quicker or not be there. 

If the option is given to the party leader, you would have the power to decide whether or not to allow inventory management during waves.  In my mind, it could speed up waves/farm for those that are just farming expeditions.  I would imagine if we could manage inventory during a wave, we could cycle waves faster because those being carried will not have a reason not to hit G.

IMO there is absolutely NO reason to do inventory management during or between  waves. If you need to do that you can do it after the map in Town or Tavern if you have to. I don't know a single "builder" or Party leader that will would even consider allowing it.

If I'm farming pristine clusters and we are on map 5, we are going to need to do inventory management during the run.  I'm guessing you have max bags as I do, but someone who doesn't have max vault space is going to be carrying shards, and mods, servos, pets, and upgrade materials they are keeping for later.  If it is an option for the party leader, then the builders you know won't allow it anyway, so I don't understand how it could affect you negatively.

4 hours ago, brokenwoody4 said:

If it is an option for the party leader, then the builders you know won't allow it anyway, so I don't understand how it could affect you negatively.

At this point, you would be correct. Directly, it would have minimal, if any, impact. Indirectly, it would take up dev time to build something that a certain amount of the playerbase wont ever use when we could have that dev time spent on something more important. If they were going to continue to give DD2 full support then maybe but with the back burner support we are going to get I don't think most are going to want it to go to this. I can't speak for everyone but I'm fairly certain.

Edited by Exglint

That is a fair and good point.  I've just made a comeback to this game maybe a month ago.  What are some of the important stuff others are wanting?  The inventory management is a just a Quality of Life thing for me since I like to farm and stay in the maps.  The only other thing I've really noticed bothering me is the ability to party up with friends can be "finicky".

On 9/5/2019 at 3:39 PM, uzar said:

IMO there is absolutely NO reason to do inventory management during or between  waves. If you need to do that you can do it after the map in Town or Tavern if you have to. I don't know a single "builder" or Party leader that will would even consider allowing it.

I don't speak for everyone but my bags and vaults is packed with mods and Shards which makes managing difficult. Almost every end game I have to delete items in my inventory which consumes time. I personally would love the idea of managing your inventory during the wave, it's something to do when I am farming. It may sound bad being AFK but I generally do not care if someone is AFK in my game unless it's Onslaught or Prime. This is another example on how AFK is not bad: To get Pristine Tokens they expect me to play 143 games of DrakenLord Resort for 1 Perfect 10 Mod reroll, Madness!   

Edited by MrPeterPFL

5 minutes ago, MrPeterPFL said:

I don't speak for everyone but my bags and vaults is packed with mods and Shards which makes managing difficult. Almost every end game I have to delete items in my inventory which consumes time. I personally would love the idea of managing your inventory during the wave, it's something to do when I am farming. It may sound bad being AFK but I generally do not care if someone is AFK in my game unless it's Onslaught or Prime. This is another example on how AFK is not bad: To get Pristine Tokens they expect me to play 143 games of DrakenLord Resort for 1 Perfect 10 Mod reroll, Madness!   

Your issue with hoarding is not my issue and still not a valid reason :) 

17 hours ago, uzar said:

Your issue with hoarding is not my issue and still not a valid reason :) 

Can’t be ask to argue with a arrogant guy who believes he’s perfect and everyone plays exactly like him 

Edited by MrPeterPFL
Can’t reason with dickheads

Umm the scavenger collects the items for you. Then after the maps you have ran  you can sort out the inventory and collect items you require from said scavenger. 

Still no valid reason to sort out during gameplay, if your a leecher and don’t build at all there is time while said builder is building. 

The problem is people would abuse it and end up being kicked for not readying up in a timely fashion. 

• Like 1

Uzar and Switchblade, it is not up to you whether or not someone's reason is valid to them, but if it is a valid reason for you.  I have the same similar concerns as MrPeter.  If I want to run a map 30 times, I could do this feasibly in 5 hours if I could manage my inventory during waves 1 and 2, and would not have to make another trip to the scavenger.  In a tower defense/grindy game it is about min/max, and I could save 30 minutes a night (additional 3 maps) with the option (please focus on option) to manage inventory during waves.  

Showing some Math: Spending 5.5 hours playing DD2 on a night, I can currently do 30 maps.  With inventory management, 33 maps.

33 maps > 30 maps            (33-30)/30*100% = 10%     increase in efficiency

Below is some real word tracking that I just did on September 11th while AP resetting my alternate character.  As you can see, I spent an actual 0.43 hrs managing inventory and 3.63 hrs running onslaught.  I have applied a rough estimate above that could be applicable to farming Chaos VII.

Inventory sort items on alt
Inventory Time Plan - hrs 0.5
Actual AP 1 - Alt Reset
AP 2 - started
Maps completed 22
Inventory Time - Hrs 0.43
Map time actual - hrs 3.63
Committed Time actual 4.07
Time per map - mins 9.91

Also, I think implementing an auto-start feature for waves could go hand in hand with this for the true AFK'ers.  This is a function in every major mobile tower defense game.

You can put all the reasons and math you want and in the end it takes away from the group play aspect and encourages more afk in group play which in turn takes you to the kick thread discussion. 

1 hour ago, brokenwoody4 said:

Hello uzar, I believe what you are saying is valid, but I thought a solution for it would be making it an option for the party leader.

I could see an option for private games only where that could be implemented and you could  invite like minded friends prob get all 2 of em join ;)

Although a rebuild map function after victory would be pretty awesome for farming purposes . 

Edited by Switchblade

Far from perfect , never said ever play like me but do agree with your last edit cant reason with them....

On 9/17/2019 at 8:35 AM, uzar said:

Your issue with hoarding is not my issue and still not a valid reason :) 

Can’t be ask to argue with a arrogant guy who believes he’s perfect and everyone plays exactly like him 

Edited 9 hours ago by MrPeterPFL
Can’t reason with dickheads