Jump to content
saixkh2

Prime incursions loot has no mods

Recommended Posts

As posted in the title, everything I've gotten from the 2 prime incursions I've ran has no mods on it, I saw in the update they talked about 'curated' mods but nothing stating the normal weapons and armor would be completely without mods, was this a bug or a feature?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I saw the same thing, ran a prime 1 with 43players and got about what you would expect from C7 sans any mods, then ran a prime 2 solo and got mostly grey junk. Will test more later.

 

Update: 4 player game, huntress bow with a so so mod, but C8 fully upgraded dropped for me.

 

Update 2: Got a C8 sword, max upgraded, one mediocre mod on it. Tried the demon map solo. Demon bugged on wave 3 and was unkillable. Stupid waste of time.

 

Edit 3: Didn't bug out this time, got Explosive Shielding guard hypershard.

Edited by BlueConfusedMage
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BlueConfusedMage said:

Tried the demon map solo. Demon bugged on wave 3 and was unkillable.

What were you using to damage him with? If hero, from what position and where were was your targeting reticle aimed? If defenses, what was placed and where?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've done all of them now, and I've found two issues. The first is the issue in the title, the obvious lack of mods. The second issue I've noticed, though, is that the Demon Lord can get bugged out if you deal too much damage at once, becoming completely unkillable. Nuke Monks beware.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Exglint said:

What were you using to damage him with? If hero, from what position and where were was your targeting reticle aimed? If defenses, what was placed and where?

Hero DMG/nuke monk. Once we locked down in wave 3, I tried pet nuke, mele, ability, ranged fire but nothing registered. I tried under him, jumping into him, flying through the air, etc. No dmg registered, from pet to procs. Had an Obelisk up but not sure if it targetted him or not. Group that joined up next attempt and I all used ranged attacks and didn't see the issue that go round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far, Prime incursions are feeling like C7 incursions with reduced loot. I beat several last night, and not one thing worth keeping dropped in the stage or chest. I was hoping that this mode would reward victory, like beating the pirate maps or frost maps, but so far its feeling like another "do this 288 times to get anything good" grind fest. Think i will play for the HS's, but the ampules and weapons seem to be pretty grindy thus far. Hope others are having better luck or fun with these.

And on the note of multiplayer- not going great on incursions so far. Everyone wants to join, but poor help is causing the map to be way tougher needlessly. Plus, i had the "team" ready up before i finished even building....back to solo play... 😥

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind it as much as I mind the seemingly shit luck I have in getting any c8 wep. Only had 1 so far, which was a sub-par Mystic dagger that looked more like a knock-off of one of the Barbarian's axes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaws_420 said:

And on the note of multiplayer- not going great on incursions so far. Everyone wants to join, but poor help is causing the map to be way tougher needlessly. Plus, i had the "team" ready up before i finished even building....back to solo play... 😥

This happens alot on other game modes to and also when your done building sometimes people won't ready up 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

So far, Prime incursions are feeling like C7 incursions with reduced loot. I beat several last night, and not one thing worth keeping dropped in the stage or chest. I was hoping that this mode would reward victory, like beating the pirate maps or frost maps, but so far its feeling like another "do this 288 times to get anything good" grind fest. Think i will play for the HS's, but the ampules and weapons seem to be pretty grindy thus far. Hope others are having better luck or fun with these.

It definitely would be nice to add regular loot drops for Prime Incursions so we can farm like how we do in expeditions while hunting for the C8 ampoules/Prime Weapons. This mode does have the potential to expand into something greater.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, BlueConfusedMage said:

Hero DMG/nuke monk. Once we locked down in wave 3, I tried pet nuke, mele, ability, ranged fire but nothing registered. I tried under him, jumping into him, flying through the air, etc. No dmg registered, from pet to procs. Had an Obelisk up but not sure if it targetted him or not. Group that joined up next attempt and I all used ranged attacks and didn't see the issue that go round.

After testing it myself the deal seems to be an old issue. For Demon Lord I had a Lightning Strike Tower down and was heavily boosting it, last damage tick I saw was 65m (Anti miniboss and controller had no effect on him because he isn't CC'ed and not a miniboss so this was pure damage) and after that he became immortal. So for Demon Lord you will want more consistent damage and not heavy single hits. From the testing he seems to be completely fine with 10-20m dps from something that hits very fast and anything above that seems to be ignored.

8 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

So far, Prime incursions are feeling like C7 incursions with reduced loot. I beat several last night, and not one thing worth keeping dropped in the stage or chest.

I think imo it would be a stretch to call its c7 with reduced loot and not c5 or c6 with loot from c7 without mods because the gold and xp you make from it is subpar to running DFK in c7. I can run that just as fast with less hp on mobs and get more out of it. Which will tie into my next quote ->

6 hours ago, Little Magic Hat said:

I don't mind it as much as I mind the seemingly shit luck I have in getting any c8 wep. Only had 1 so far

In the farm I did the night after I completed all the maps was 4 hours long and I think I'm in an extreme but I got 8 amps and 4 weapons (4 copies of the same weapon), which is okay but I think as an extreme the next farm I do is not going to run as profitable. Though being where I am, those amps are hard to call profit because I have so many already and nothing to use them on.

 

Overall, the no mods thing I'm okay with because as an endgame mode I feel like this is intended for players who are already setup and done with builds and not in need of them anymore and while the rewards are currently low I'm hoping the later maps will be much more rewarding for the amount of effort they may take to do but there is only so much reward you can give before it's too much. It seems like a fine balance that will be hard to get.

Edited by Exglint
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...