Paloverde zfogshooterz

A mini Psuedo-Recap for those who didn't watch the recent devstream! (And a question to CG)

Posted (edited)

In-case anyone's curious, the content for DD2's next update has been revealed from last devstream! Here's the recap - 

• Prime Incursions! Beefed up Incursion that scales from Chaos 8 and Beyond! The rewards are awesome swanky brand new weapon models with C8 stats and.....also the chance to have C8 ampoules dropping!

There will be 6 groups of incursion with 3 or less incursion per group and each group completed will award a......Hyper Shard! You can now have two of the same hyper shard now, No longer exclusive to Mastery. First two groups will be unlocked when the update hits. Subsequent weeks will unlock only ONE Incursion per week to stretch content till DDA beta. After completing the groups, at the very end there will be a surprise....and also the final hypershard.....

And don't worry, there isn't any kind of race of any sort!

Also, Chaos 8 shards will be purchasable from the Gran'Master!

AND.....It's releasing this coming WEDNESDAY!

Also a fun stuff to know!

• Mark finally have a handle - Markarita! Because he's salty on the edges but he's very sweet.

So for the question from me to CG now would be since I heard that there would be dope artwork with "pop-ups and panels and stuff"s, will there be a Brand-New logo for DD2 too for this next post drakenfrost era?

Have a good one, and cheers! :)

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its a second copy of the mastery shards so you can have 2 mass destruction, vicious strikes etc.  You can only earn one new copy of each though.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, MrPeterPFL said:

Is it a new HyperShard or the ones from Mastery? 

Whoops my bad, I forgot to clarify that. Yeah, what Dadogy said, a second copy of Mastery's Hyper Shards. I've edited my original post to add this point.

21 minutes ago, CrusadeR@DD2 said:

Is the dragon getting moved to incursion from onslaught? 

I highly doubt it, and to be honest...  can’t believe I’m gonna say this it’s grown on me 😄

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, CrusadeR@DD2 said:

Is the dragon getting moved to incursion from onslaught? 

So far, no mention of that in the devstream but like gcstephen13, I doubt it too. 

• Like 1

I didn't realise they did one. Pity it wasn't edited with sections like they used to do. 

Anyway, I don't recall then mentioning whether they figured out us getting the opportunity to create water + shocking rev items again, petrify aggro, or when we're getting the poison servo icon.

I bought that new initiate costume a while back. I hope those of us who already got it get her proper hero card and maybe some custom clothing choices... Her white hands look more like the texture is missing...

2 hours ago, Little Magic Hat said:

I don't recall then mentioning whether they figured out us getting the opportunity to create water + shocking rev items again, petrify aggro, or when we're getting the poison servo icon.

none of that was discussed on the dev stream, from the replay i watched

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

none of that was discussed on the dev stream, from the replay i watched

Then I hope they're a nice addition to the update tomorrow!

• Like 2

I'm just going to add that I'm might not be exactly sure about the content schedule - 

It could either be:

• Every week a new incursion gets released from it's respective prime pool.

or

• Every week a Prime Incursion Pool get released.

We'll see which schedule will be used when the patch notes hits.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I really hope that the new incursions do not require like 50 resets in order to be strong enough to play them. I'm about as strong as you can get without resets, so that will be a good test. I just don't have it in me to do resets. I'm super excited for any new content. Been quite a drought and i am so DD2 bored...

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

I really hope that the new incursions do not require like 50 resets in order to be strong enough to play them. I'm about as strong as you can get without resets, so that will be a good test. I just don't have it in me to do resets. I'm super excited for any new content. Been quite a draught and i am so DD2 bored...

The great thing about the old incursions is that they promoted active group play and replayability. Hope we'll see the return of that with this update! 

Edited by Little Magic Hat
  • Like 2

On 8/27/2019 at 7:22 AM, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

So far, no mention of that in the devstream but like gcstephen13, I doubt it too. 

Looks like we didn't get water shock or taunt petrify back :(

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Little Magic Hat said:

Looks like we didn't get water shock or taunt petrify back :(

That's unfortunate. Hopefully in the subsequent patch. It definitely would be nice if they get resolved!

On 8/28/2019 at 12:05 AM, Little Magic Hat said:

I bought that new initiate costume a while back. I hope those of us who already got it get her proper hero card and maybe some custom clothing choices... Her white hands look more like the texture is missing...

Yeah, I just checked her, looks like the initiate costume prior to this patch was unfinished. Her costume now looks way better (and finished) now!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And....just in case anyone is curious, I found an image showing the old version so here's a comparison between pre-update and post-update Ascended Initiate - 

(Pre-version is on the left while Post-version is right.)

621583077_AscendedInitiatecomparison.png.27cfe0a47c972154699702ae41ca1d9e.png

• Thanks 1